Search results

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. Wintermute

Well.. what do you know...?

UT Assault appears to be coming back.. :D
  2. Wintermute

Hello =[FDC]=

Hi folks, I popped by for, well... who knows, eh? just reliving good times past. hopefully you are all doing well, and life is treating you well. We never did arrange that last =[FDC]= meetup... who knows; maybe 2015 will be our year. ;)
  3. Wintermute

MX518 mouse buttons not working in UT GOTY?

ello folks Fancied some UT99 again after a break, so installed GOTY on my Windows 7 box... works fine, nice and smooth... but no extended mouse buttons, just the regular left right ones. Installed setpoint, configured the buttons - still nothing. any ideas?
  4. Wintermute

Clan Administrator Login details?

Hey folks ;) well, it looks like =[FDC]= ain't completely dead after all. course, I have fecked off to Australia, so my ping is gonna be even more crap now (like that ever mattered... :rofl:) anyhoo, it's been like 2 years since I used it, and I lost the clan admin password.. how do i get that...
  5. Wintermute

End of an Era (for us anyways!)

Well... It has been a lot of fun, a long happy journey, but like a tired old dog, =[FDC]='s time has finally come. To all of the clans who have had scheduled matches against us over the last few months, when we showed up with half a team, or even not at all, our apologies - everyone wanted...
  6. Wintermute

Space Flight vs Social Programs

Roll up, roll up, see the results of the 50 year experiment! The last every skylark rocket is going to be launched in Sweden tomorrow - what's Skylark, you ask? That's Britain's sub orbital space launcher. To quote the operator of the program: "This is a 50-year-old programme - it began in...
  7. Wintermute

Religion, eh?... Discuss

Spilling over from the Gay Marriage thread, where it's only really a side show... I have said that (amongst other things) religion is stupid. I think it's also pointless, divisive and downright evil - a cancer on the heart of humanity dragging us backwards into the stone age all over again...
  8. Wintermute

Wrong Match result in FDC sumission...

Sorry about that - was a genuine mistake. Whilst we are at it, sorry for the generally crap war - third one this month where we have been struggling to find enough players with the usual summer holidays, beer outside, that sort of thing, and I think as soon as we realised that we didn't have...
  9. Wintermute

What should be the Western Reaction to Islam?

A thorny question, and something that has been very much in the news recently. Given just how wide an arena this one could be, here's some starting material.. Islam represents a young and angry religion, and one that (like christianity) lends itself very easily to extremism. Islam is also...
  10. Wintermute

The State of Play in Div One?

I'm not going to try stick one of these "this isn't a flame thread" disclaimers on top of this post. It's likely that people will come along and post shite all over it, but I have a couple of things I have to ask. Last Night was a pretty profound (and kinda sombre) one for us: We forfeited a...
  11. Wintermute

Your a bunch of fucking wankers.

Your a bunch of <bleep>ing <Bleep>ers. Suck it, fs. An Excellent match, nice fight, and you post that <bleeep>ing <bleep>t??? Some things don't change huh. "server goes laggy" Suck, my <Bleep>ing <Bleep>, fs.
  12. Wintermute

FDC vs AUT Playoff for Division One

Well, it's over.. and FDC remain in Division Two for another month, but holy fuck, WHAT A WAR!! This is absolutely what this league is about.. edge of your seat wars that go map by map.. 1-1, 2-2, 3-3, 4-4.. So Thanks AUT for the best damn war we have had in AGES, Thanks for the Legaue...
  13. Wintermute

Clan gathering!

Well, it's sunday morning, and Sarah has left for home.. We have Snee, Apex, Skunkweed, Mughi, Wintermute, Timmah, 007, Ninja, Jwer and Djinn with Luweking on his way.. on Friday, we had some fine dutch beer, sitting in the sun in Gronigen, with Jackal as well! Man, but this shit rocks! we...
  14. Wintermute

Good Game Sixth!

That was brilliant fun guys.. no flamin, no laming, jus good UT, and a bit of friendly banter! Looking forward to the next one.. except, at this point, we probably have to go back to Division One, fs :|
  15. Wintermute

Welcome to FDC's Newest Member!

FDC are proud to announce the joining of our newest Member.. In a no-cash transfer from our good friends at Dark, we are pleased to welcome Apex to the Friendliest Damn Clan in the League! Ian.
  16. Wintermute

Why, oh Why, do they never respond?

112370374: Hi there. Are you interested in cost-effective promotion for your business, then go to my home paje /find LNK in my INF() area/.. =[FDC]=Wintermute: hmm, Not really. Now tell me, are you interested in huge Throbbing Cocks? I have one of those. 112370374: ...
  17. Wintermute

A funny thing happened on the way to the shops...

So, there's me, on my way into the Buchanan Galleries in Glasgow (big mall) and I parked my car, and got into the lift. I held the door open for these three girls, who scurried into the lift with me. The doors closed.. then, one of them lets rip the most ridiculously loud, ear-splitting...
  18. Wintermute

In Your Fucking Face Dominic :D

=[FDC]= Versus -{Mi5}- oh, what a war.. It was tense, it was fun, it was amazing. Only a handful of clans have taken that many maps off of Mi5 :)
  19. Wintermute

Space Shuttle Columbia...

If you haven't heard, it looks like Columbia has been destroyed on re-entry... a sad, sad day, and for those of us who remember Challenger, it's doubly bad :| I hoped I would never see this again in my lifetime. :(
  20. Wintermute

Proposed Rule Change: Bottom Division Promotion.

As most of you know, I'm married to Mughi, one of the league admins. That's an awkward position to be in, and I have been very careful not to say much in public, simply because I do not want anyone to think that I have any improper influence. The following is my opinion as a player and clan...