Proposed Rule Change: Bottom Division Promotion.

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Should Promotion Rules from the Lowest Division be changed?

• No, Things are fine as they are just now.

Votes: 23 34.3%
  • Yes, Clans should join at the bottom of the division

Votes: 44 65.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wintermute

Oct 17, 2001
Strachur, Scotland
As most of you know, I'm married to Mughi, one of the league admins. That's an awkward position to be in, and I have been very careful not to say much in public, simply because I do not want anyone to think that I have any improper influence.

The following is my opinion as a player and clan leader in the league. obviouslly, I have asked for Jenni's opinion on this, but I have to stress, IT'S MY OPINION ONLY.

I think the current situation, where a clan in the holding zone with good players can "snipe" out the top clan in Division Five, and win instant promotion within a single month is vastly unfair to those clans in the division.

Threfore, I propose that we change the league rules to make this impossible, and bring a little fairness to the lower division, by adopting the same rule for this division as the others: you join with the same points as the bottom clan, no matter who you beat.

As always, the final decision rests with the league admins, however, I'm interested in the opinion of the league members.

EDIT: Bahamut proposed a much better solution IMO, so i have edited my original post, and asked for the Poll to be changed/reset

Last edited:
Well i vote no !
Simple because if a clan wins a match he deserv the place thats for shure!
But well i do think rules should be changed in order to make HZ play the all 4 matchs of the month if they want to get promotion!

Narcotic,

The thing is, in a ladder-type league (like the 2v2) thats how it works: you beat someone, you take their position.

Our league is points based though, you don't get to win a division by simply playing well in one match: you have to be consistently good.

Both types of league are perfectly valid, but I think we should be consistent across the divisions.

We don't have a league where a brand new clan can challenge X-Squad, and instantly become the league champions on the basis of one single match, so I don't think we should do that to the D5 guys either...

i don't think it's possible to make a thread where only clan reps can vote?

and i don't see the harm of more people voting...

and i think it's unfair clans can go no.1 in div.5 with 1 win

nice neph what about the new clans that are in HZ like HOT , UAC , UM and some in div 5 that just dont have a guy to vote there a so call CLAN REPRESENTATIVE guy ( lets just say that they are the guys in question ;) ).

Clans who dont have a clanrep can assign one in their clanadministration area. Clanreps who dont have access to the clanrep forum (privilege to post, in this case), can contact at least CS to get access to it.
If a clan cba doing that stuff, they dont have a clanrep to represent their opinion in the clanrep forum, simple as that.

It would be better if only lower div clans could vote on this.

This doesnt really matter to you people up in div 1/2...your not the ones that suddened get screwed over by 2 new clans jumping ahead of you when they get 1 win.

It would be a different story if clans could go from HZ to div 1 in one match. People would soon be waiting this rule in then :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nephilim
Clans who dont have a clanrep can assign one in their clanadministration area. Clanreps who dont have access to the clanrep forum (privilege to post, in this case), can contact at least CS to get access to it.
If a clan cba doing that stuff, they dont have a clanrep to represent their opinion in the clanrep forum, simple as that.

Where? I dont see anything about clan rep in our clan admin page.

I agree with Wintermute. If I understant current rules correctly a clan can be promoted to Div 4 from HZ without playing a game, just imagine this:

Top div5 clan has a game schedulled with an HZ clan and it leaves the league forfeiting the match. The HZ goes to top of div 5 and it can refuse any other match.

Yes I know this is very unlikely to happen but its just another argument to add to all posted by Winter....

aye i think it's fair that clans enter at bottom of div 5 no matter who they beat...

this might annoy ppl who just try to get to upper divisions as fast as possible but who cares :D

after thinking about this new rule, i like to point out that high clans dropping down/reforming will linger longer in div.5 to pesture the clan in there... if the div.5 clans are okay with that then i'd say let the new rule come in, if they rather have them fuck off to div.4 ASAP then let the old rules stand

It is the job of the administrators to propose changes, and ask for (clan rep) votes if they choose to, not anyone else.

Originally posted by Bahamut
Where? I dont see anything about clan rep in our clan admin page.

disclaimer: it's been quit some time since I last been to a clan admin area.

soz, forgot to add this *cough* ;)

I think the current situation, where a clan in the holding zone with good players can "snipe" out the top clan in Division Five, and win instant promotion within a single month is vastly unfair to those clans in the division.
It's also not all that common. With the current table the clan with the longest current streak in Div#5 is Dark (Oct,Nov,Dec,Jan=4months) who have had 2 forfiets and 1 loss this month, win tonights match and they go back up to Div#4 where they were back in Sep. New clans zilla and jj (promoted this month) are bottom anyway.

The average number of clans promoted from division #5 is about 3, and there is hardly ever a need for playoffs. The number that come down averages at less than 1 per month. Take this month, 4 will be promoted, none relegated. Clans in the 5th can't blame HZ clans as there is an abundance of oppurtunity.

Then there is the spread of points. As the HZ is the biggest division with the most promotions of any divsion, and often the bigger share of failing clans (handing out forfiets) it is so unpredictable.
Either the spread is so big that anyone at the bottom has to wait till lots of clans leave or a new division is created. (June 2002, 12 clans, 725pts to 177pts).

Or the spread is too small meaning it doesn't really matter much where you enter. (August 2002, 192pts to 117pts)

And the spread can change hundreds of points with a single match, if clan A enter at the bottom on day 1 clan B could enter on day 2 with a very significant difference in points. Fair?

The current spread is 1422->657 and looks like being ~1000 ->810 after the monthly update.

It's been the way it is since the league started 3 years ago afaik.

Status
Not open for further replies.