Search results

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

1. Spirit

Umm

Hi ;)
  2. Spirit

Bloody money grabbing record label bastards

Dunno if anyone has seen the news about CDWow yet but BPI have settled their suit against them importing CDs and forced CDWow to put a £2 surcharge on top of all their prices :( They are also looking at taking action against play.com and amazon : :mad: Just hope they get forced to rethink...
  3. Spirit

Halo server rental?

I'm looking to rent a halo server but struggling to find a good provider… Jolt are way to expensive, gameservers.net are reasonably priced but I don't generally ping too well to their servers, and the only other I've found is digifrag who are so far top of the list :D Anyone else know of...
  4. Spirit

ATI 8500LE BIOS Flash?

Dunno if anyone can help me with this but fingers crossed :D I have an old ATI 8500LE that I want to sell on as part of a system, however a long while ago I flashed the BIOS so it thought it was a full 8500. Before I sell it, I want to flash the BIOS back to default as it probably won't be...
  5. Spirit

TFT monitor...

Just after a quick bit of advice :D I can get the following monitor for £210 brand new (don't know what it's real retail value should be). 17" TFT (not digital though), 0.264 pixel pitch, 12ms response time, integrated speaks (useful for LANs etc!) apparently the insides are hitachi...
  6. Spirit

3DMark01 - strange performance issue...

I've recently upgraded a couple of bits on my system, got a 9800 Pro now, and more ram, and put the whole lot in a new case :) System is running fine, performance is pretty mind blowing and my score on 3DMark03 is 6366, which is about as good as it gets and I'm happy with that. However, on...
  7. Spirit

Types of ram...

This may seem like a stupid question, but are there different types of ram for AMD and XP mobos? I currently have 3 sticks of 512mb PC2700 DDR 333 - 2 of these were previously used in a AMD system and the 3rd in my P4 system. I wanted to swap the ram over and use the 1gb in my P4 system...
  8. Spirit

Valuable lesson learnt today....

Never leave balls of wool in close proximity to kittens of any sort... Just got home for lunch and found this - how they managed it I have NO idea... :D :rolleyes:
  9. Spirit

Hosting games from behind a router?

I have two PCs linked up to a router at home, which in turn (obviously!) is linked to my cable modem. I want to host UT and Halo games on my main puter, but am having some issues with the setup. If I run ipconfig on the computer itself, I only get the LAN IP which is no use to anyone, and if I...
  10. Spirit

Happy bday Ezby!

Happy Birthday Ez :D Reckon it's fairly appropriate that it's me starting the b/day thread for my wonderful fiancee :cuddle: :kiss: :party2: :bday: :party2: Have a good day at college :p:
  11. Spirit

Shopping suddenly seems a whole lot more interesting...

Damn if they bring these out in England I'm gonna look at shopping in a whole new light :lol: :thumb:
  12. Spirit

Networking two systems together...

Ok, I am the first to hold my hand up and admit I'm a complete n00b when it comes to networking so I'm hoping some kind soul will give me some advice :D I have 2 computers at home both of which are used from time to time, however I don't have room to have them both set up seperatly with their...
  13. Spirit

Outlook "Unsafe" attachments

I've had a few emails with attachements come into my outlook express inbox recently, of which 3 have been quarentined, not by my antivirus sw but directly by OE. Now I know for sure 2 of these are viruses, however the third one I'm not so sure about and would like the chance to make my own...
  14. Spirit

Internet Explorer Problems

I've just got my PC up and running after 7 weeks of waiting for a warrenty replacement gfx card :rolleyes: but am having a few small problems with IE. I'm running Win XP Pro and IE version 6.0.2600.0000. Everything is working fine such as ICQ, UT and 95% of web sites, etc but there are a...
  15. Spirit

Hyperlinks in Excel

Ok I'm sure I'm not the only one here that gets pissed off with the automatic hyperlinking in excel, but my company has a lot of product names with the @ symbol so it's really starting to fuck me off when every time I type one it microsoft assumes its and email address and changes it to a...
  16. Spirit

Cheap DVD Players!

I've been scouting round recently for a dirt cheap DVD player (Seperate, not internal). I was gonna wait until the prices on DVD recorders came down, but the players are so cheap these days I might as well pick up something cheap and cheerful in the mean time. :D I don't know much about...
  17. Spirit

Fuxz0red gfx

Hmm have been using Ezby's system recently whilst waiting for a replacement gfx card for mine, and it's gone to shit in the last couple of days. It's a very simple system, with virtually no software installed on it - no games or anything. It was virus checked a week or so ago and since...
  18. Spirit

Online email accounts

Basically the situation is this - my home system is down atm, and I cannot access the ntl email site from work so I need to find a way of retrieving my ntl emails without actually visiting the website or using any form of email software! One solution would be another email account that I can...
  19. Spirit

Happy Guy ya mug!

:D
  20. Spirit

RIP Steve Hislop

Reigning British Superbike champion (second time) and 11 x Isle of Man TT winner killed yesterday in a helicopter crash… Great loss to the racing community - he had so much going for him :( Thoughts are with his family. http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/030730/80/e582h.html