Cheap DVD Players!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Spirit

<b>*********.net Treasurer</b>
Jul 29, 2001
Cambridge, UK
I've been scouting round recently for a dirt cheap DVD player (Seperate, not internal). I was gonna wait until the prices on DVD recorders came down, but the players are so cheap these days I might as well pick up something cheap and cheerful in the mean time. :D

I don't know much about DVD players though so if anyone can give me some advice on what to look for I'd be most grateful! I know it needs to be multi-region, good sound and a remote control, but that's about it lolz :)

I've seen quite a few under £50, but as far as I can tell the one below at amazon is the best value for money. Do you think this is a good deal, and as it's such a cheap model is it lacking any features I might want?

Amazon DVD Player

Finally - if anyone has any multi-use amazon vouchers I can pinch I'd be most grateful ;) Cheers m8s.

the yamada dvd players have got lots of good reviews there is a new Yamada DVX-6100 player coming out in a week or 2 that plays DivX and x-vid aswell as all the other standards and has 5.1 outputs on the back , thats 89 quid .. ill be gettin that as soon as its available, if your worried about the name Yamada and not knowing if there any good there a sub of Umax.

if you want to check out a specific DVD player go to this page and type it in the box :)

theres loads of details there

wooohoo just checked amazon and the DVD player is out now
:)
/me goes to order it :)

Last edited:
The higher model yamada does look good rich, but I don't think I have much need for the divx features, and I don't want to pay that much bearing in mind in prolly just a few months I'm gonna buy a recordable DVD player. The yamada seems to be the best deal for sub £50 range to me so I think I'll go for it :D

Cyberhome players look good too, but again I don't think any come into the £50 bracket.

So all that remains is for someone to give me a voucher code for amazon ;) Or at least recommend me so we can both get a small but useful £3 :D

hmmmm i bought mine form iceland seriously

was £39- years insurance, plays CD RW-, CD-R, Mp3, Kodak Cds & Norm DVDs... remote e.t.c, and can plug into the stereo...

its very nice for the price, meyb go tek a luk in iceland, c if they still r doin em.

go to your local supermarket, dead cheap, some unknown make, prob last out the warranty, stop working, by which time recorders will of dropped

I've looked round the supermarkets and although they have some great deals, none of them are as good as the amazon one afaik (same prices, worse models) :)

Multi-region, full remote control, 5.1 surround sound and comes with most leads and batteries for £39.99….

Ok Ok I've clearly convinced myself already - /me goes to order it :D

i was looking at getting this one
Plays DVD/MP3/VCD/CDR/DVD-R/CDs and even JPEG CD's! So you can snap away with your digital camera, burn your images to disk, then pop the disk in sit back, relax and watch a slideshow of your holiday pics!

Has the capabilty to play all region discs without the need for putting in a code each and every time you play a disc from a different region!

Built In 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital (AC3) decoder, giving you full theatre sound!.