Hyperlinks in Excel

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Spirit

<b>*********.net Treasurer</b>
Jul 29, 2001
Cambridge, UK
Ok I'm sure I'm not the only one here that gets pissed off with the automatic hyperlinking in excel, but my company has a lot of product names with the @ symbol so it's really starting to fuck me off when every time I type one it microsoft assumes its and email address and changes it to a hyperlink...

I know you can right click on the cell and remove the hyperlink, but when you have a few hundred that's not such a good solution... Does anyone know how you can permanently disable this feature in Excel 2000 please, cos I can't find a way to do so?! It's easy in to turn off in Word, but I can't find anything in Excel...

I came across this problem when doing my project recently m8. :D

ok if you have Excel 2002 or better there is one the is an option to disable hyperlinking. choose Tools >> AutoCorrect Options from the menu bar, click on the AutoFormat As You Type tab then clear the Internet And Network Paths With Hyperlinks check box and click OK.

that was not good for me at the time cos I only had office2000, there is a faster way to get rid of hyperlink if you have just entered a web address: just press ctrl^z and that removes hyperlink immediately. As for the ones you've already done you'll just have to go through them all already if you have <Excel 2002 :(

god damn I'm good to you Spirit - I hope you appreciate me. OMG I sound like a bitch. ffs :p: