ATI 8500LE BIOS Flash?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Spirit

<b>*********.net Treasurer</b>
Jul 29, 2001
Cambridge, UK
Dunno if anyone can help me with this but fingers crossed :D I have an old ATI 8500LE that I want to sell on as part of a system, however a long while ago I flashed the BIOS so it thought it was a full 8500. Before I sell it, I want to flash the BIOS back to default as it probably won't be going to someone who wants to muck around with overclocking. I could just underclock it and hide rage3D, however I'd be happier if I could restore it to default.

I've found a program called AtiFlash that appears to be good to use for loading the BIOS from dos, but am having problems actually finding the correct BIOS. The only one I've found so far wouldn't work, I just got the error message "error opening file" when I tried to use it (it was a 'rom' file type). Does anyone know where I can get the original BIOS from, and if so whether Atiflash is the right program to be using?

:bowdown: as always MyM comes up with the goods :D

How come that didn't come up in any of my searches fs :shout:

Will give it a go with that Atiflash program when ezby gets off me other system :D Thanks mym will report back :)