Why Can't I Own a Canadian?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Gen76 said:
If u havent got the time to make your post readable y write so much?

Ill comment on it when u spend some time on sentance structure, spelling mistakes i can handle. But what u wrote is gibberish and likely to give someone a migrane.

U seem to have a less fundie starting point that most, but i might be mistaken.(See above paragraph)

I am sorry if you can't even read a half a page, and if you think that is way too much for you. You should probably keep your self from these matters in the first place, and fall in your relaxing 1-2 childish insults lines category. Pity that is all your head can handle, I guess I should ignore your comments until you move out of whatever phase you are in.

being a secretary for Squirrel, with no request nor permission asked, the Squirrel's great post earlier in this thread, now a bit re-formatted but yet not altered for anyone who loves Finland or who can't be arsed to suddenly concentrate on a big block of text:

Well, I will admit that the first post made me laugh, but looking at the rest, I'd like to say a bit on this, though I wouldn't want to spend too much time on this kind of thing because these matters require much more consideration and serious discussion than a bunch of copy/paste seen for the 1 millionth time easy arguments, and I prefer to talk on a personal level on this.

First, it seems that almost 90% of the arguments on the bible lines are completely oxymoron, as to contradicting the very fact they are trying to prove. The main concern seems to be that somebody cannot live or force on someone else how to live life by the lines of a book, yet the very argument is that the bible lines are not followed on this matter (ignored, taken out of context), hence bible is full of shit bla bla.

It is a perfect example of how people are so blindly following media/culture rolemodels/howtos in life, that even when trying to argue against it they are looking to find an identical solution. Please reflect on the depth of your argument, and realize that God did not put a book out to have robots follow its procedures, that is why you have a mind of your own and can make up your own conclusion.

While I admit I don’t read the bible too much, unfortunately life gets too busy in everyday chores, a lot of times I have found passages that really inspire and guide me into making better decisions. To me god personifies love, truth and absolute knowledge, and those are something I am willing to spend my life seeking.

Any book that provides philosophical, moral and ethical challenges to greater enlightening is a welcome relief on my point of view. The spiritual progression is in fact its purpose, and no that does not mean stretching you feet while seemingly meditating.

I will cut this point short as to I don't have the time to devote to it as of now, but you are welcome to contact me personally on it.

Now a quick reply to some of the arguments that I have heard so many times from people that mostly think they found out the "truth" in one quick read/view of a book or documentary.

1)

You are afraid of death, therefore u believe...Yes I am afraid of death, and you are fooling yourself to think you aren't, any living being does now will its self termination, otherwise it would not be alive in the first place. Yet that doesn't mean I make up things to hope to avoid it, but I try and find meaning and seek knowledge there where we do not have answers yet. If you accept it and live your life for the purpose of eating, f*ing, sleeping and dying then fine, it's your opinion.

2)

Why doesn't god do something, kill the bad bla bla....
Lets say god killed all the bad people/things, would that make you a better person? Why, because it's easy to be good when everything is the way you like it? Are you doing any good when everything is good in the first place? I see no value in identity and knowledge when everything is provided for you, unless you like to live like a robot as I already mentioned

3)

Religion this, religion that bla bla...
stop identifying god with religion, especially the nowadays concept of religion. Now religion is completely a human made manipulation tool for attacking/defending their ideas from birth, and psychology is probably the field it best belongs to. Stop following the clichés, and make up your mind on what you personally think/believe , and know how to separate the multitudes of Nice and your own individuality.

4)

I saw this movie/read this article that bible/christ/judaism had this weird/is missing ... how can you believe now, it's all false bla bla bla...
Please, you are not the only person to have read/seen it, and there are tens of thousand more resources in all likelihood both pro and against your "Newly" discovered fact, Historians, theologians, scientists and philosophers to mention a few have always had different camps on most of these issues, and if the issue has not been resolved yet there is a reason why. I have had my fare share of research, and I keep looking for more, but I don't dare saying I have the final answer yet, and I hope you are not saying that either, unless you somehow discovered something, in which case I would gladly hear it.

I probably did not cover all points, and I apologize for spelling mistakes also because of a very quick write up, but I would like to close it on what this all seemed to have started.

I think almost everyone agrees after reading the bible (All of it) that it's general feeling no matter what the person background reading it, is to encourage people to do good onto others and themselves.

You might think you don't need a book telling you that, but that might be said for all books, and trust me, there is a lot more knowledge out there that can be had, and its absence does nothing but hurt you, even though you might think you don't need it.

(c) Squirrel
----

edit: mofin' typos an' shite

Last edited:
Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this Turha :)
I wrote this up really quickly at work and did not have time to format it correctly, so thanks for taking the time to get it in shape.
Of course, in retrospective, I could probably clarify and elaborate on all the arguments that I am making, but I would rather do that with people that are genuinely interested and serious on the matter; otherwise as it is I hope it gets its point across to everyone else.

whats your problem squirrel, cant make a post without an insult?

u need help. u have issiues.

I'm sorry you feel that way, but you are way off.
I maybe did over react a little, but I don't see how your one line of dissing something without even reading it as gibberish is anything but an insult. I would like to keep this on topic, but my patience with people that are quick to throw out their 1 liner "theories" of their own (just to quote one of your posts"The bible is full of shit, errors and ignorance...") and then diss anything against is as gibberish, is running quite thin. You are insulting millions of people's intelligence in history and present time that have devoted their lives to studying this book, or consider it a good resource in different aspects, but then all of a sudden you are offended when your so called reply to an argument is called on its value? I am sorry, but the person that has issues seems to be you. In any event, this is the last time I will address your post, because this is definitely NOT what I am concerned with on this forum. Feel free to stay on topic, otherwise I will not follow your trail again.

Actually, just for the record...
I'm not afraid to die. I'm not afraid of what follows when I go, I just don't want to yet.
All animals do have the basic instinct of self-preservation, but where was that when millions of people throughout history committed suicide for different causes? Monks setting themselves on fire, Samurai cutting their intestines out, etc. These people had a very intriguing way of dealing with death, and that was that it allowed their spirit to be released/cut free. (Samurai, dunno about Monks)
Self-preservation is a basic instinct which lower forms of intelligence have.

I'm not afraid of death, but I don't want to die or suffer. There's a difference.

2nd point. No, God killing bad people doesn't make everyone else better, but that's not what I said or intended, ever.
I'm just saying that if God was bad-ass enough to flood the entire world at some point in history, that now would be an excellent time to do it again, since sinning and killing and blasphemising are at an all-time high and getting higher every day.

Religion this, religion that bla bla...
stop identifying god with religion, especially the nowadays concept of religion. Now religion is completely a human made manipulation tool for attacking/defending their ideas from birth, and psychology is probably the field it best belongs to. Stop following the clichés, and make up your mind on what you personally think/believe , and know how to separate the multitudes of Nice and your own individuality.
Now here's where it gets interesting. You're saying that you should follow your own beliefs, yet Christianity, and almost all other religions out there have their followers raise their own children with their ideas, which is most certainly a form of brainwashing. How do you still know what you believe are God's true words? Do you believe that you're believing the right thing? How can you even know what the right thing is? There are 1.4 billion muslims on this planet, why shouldn't they be right?

I try to live life as an honest and good guy, does that make me religious? If not, then why follow any book on the same subject? Having your own ideas, yet following the ideas that have been spoon-fed to every christian on this earth since the beginning is a bit contradictory to me. If there is a God out there, and he's any good at what he does, then he won't send you to hell if you've been living a good life, but believing in the wrong invisible man or whether or not you've read his book which was filled with some wisdom and a whole lot of nonsense.

And if I want knowledge I'll read a modern book. The bible might have some good stories, but it seems too much like something made up to protect the believers of everything inexplicable. Besides, some sins on the 10 commandments are pointless anyway, don't tell me you've never fantasized about your mates wife or envied a neighbour for his car or house or big cock 'n balls (classified as "Goods" by my book)

Last edited:
And if I want knowledge I'll read a modern book. The bible might have some good stories, but it seems too much like something made up to protect the believers of everything inexplicable. Besides, some sins on the 10 commandments are pointless anyway, don't tell me you've never fantasized about your mates wife or envied a neighbour for his car or house or big cock 'n balls (classified as "Goods" by my book)

Interesting to find that to get knowledge for Menace is by reading modern books that in general goes against those Commandments, like romance novels & gay material (aka "goods"). :o

Hello Menace,

Nice to see a serious reply.
Now, I somehow do not really believe you when you say you’re not afraid to die, just not yet. The fear is exactly that, dying when you are not ready to, and it seems to me you are in that same category.
As far as suicides go, different from all other living things, man can indeed choose to end his own life, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they are afraid. In fact Jesus himself got “scared” you might say for a bit before going to get crucified. Self sacrifice is the ultimate sacrifice, and there is a reason why that is the case, because someone gets over the primordial, biggest fear of them all. Now of course, the motive for it is of extreme importance as to reach that phase, and yet there is no denial of its existence, and it’s through fighting those opposite feelings that great man are made (or mad man are made).

Now, to the second point. You mention …”Christianity, and almost all other religions out there have their followers raise their own children with their ideas, which is most certainly a form of brainwashing.” This is again falling victim to stereotyping. While there are certainly people that do, as there are in fact many countless more “un-religious” people that follow the same patterns, the same can be said for people of both camps that do not do it. This also raises the question what you call “brain-washing”. Do you consider brain-washing a mother telling a child to not hurt his friends, not steal or behave bad? The bible is all about proper moral, ethical and spiritual raising of a child, but it never gets to the point of forcing its idea. In fact, if I remember correctly, a child is not held “responsible” for his action until he reaches a certain age (somewhere in the teen years) where he finally is old enough to make up his own decisions, hence not reflect simply what he was taught. You have to distinguish between proper education, and simple brainwashing, and please don’t name Christianity as one big mass that does that.

The third point…”I try to live life as an honest and good guy, does that make me religious?” No, it doesn’t. On the other hand, your idea of being an honest and good guy could very well mean killing someone and getting his money, in the end that ends up being good for you too. In order for someone to understand correctly his own actions, he has to search for the truth, seek knowledge and recognize ethical and spiritual values. There are things that are not easy to reach, and guide lines in books and literature provide a way to help you in your quest. Unfortunately most people think they know enough, when they don’t even have a grasp on reality.

Fourth, “And if I want knowledge I'll read a modern book.” Before I go on about this, could you please confirm that you have even read the bible at all? Countless people read some passage, or not even read but see it in some gazillion media feature, and think they know what the bible is. The fact is Leviticus, or any other “10 commandment” story you hear about, is simply a very small part of the bible, so either read the whole book, or do not summarize it from one little part. And as far as “modern”, something does not have to be modern to bear value. In fact all “modern” books as you call them are based on old books, as knowledge is passed from generation to the next. I personally for example still value very highly the old Greek civilization and literature over hundreds of so called modern civilizations today.
And finally yes, I am human so I do get tempted, but it’s how you act on it that actually makes a difference.

got bored.. religion = excuses for wars, greed, amassing of wealth, power and other such things of value in our materialistic world (and it has been for thousands of years.. what else is there in life other than "stuff".. be it land, gold, fuels, or people)

and god is just a being created in order to explain the unexplainable.. ie what science seems to do far more convincingly

i am really quite fucked right now.. its my 21st n all that.. but i think ive spelt quite well..

all you religious and god-fearing cunts can smb :x

Well that was a very deep and well thought reply..err not.
Could I get some examples of where science explains the unexplainable, though I wonder how you can come up with a complete oxymoron like that.
Anyway, hopefully in your 31st you will have grown up, until then I'm afraid you will have to suck your own b. and do "stuff" to "stuff" for "stuff"

Appart from i r cant write properly in english what i think about this theme and i wont spend a lot of time again in this theme (ive done it millions of times in my life as im totally against christianity and ive discussed this with all my family and most of ppl that ive known), i only wanted quote one thing "You are insulting millions of people's intelligence in history and present time that have devoted their lives to studying this book,.....", well u can try to defend ur religion in all ways that u want but plz dont try to go through the path of during history christians have done..... cos im pretty sure that isnt the best path to defend ur religion cos during history ur religion and its followers have killed millions of ppl via holy wars, inquisition,killing scientists cos their theories were against christianity, etc....
Yes i know that i should explain more my arguments but i really dont want to, appart from im pretty sure that i wont be able to explain them properly.
Well i think cos of those "little things" that christianity have done during history i could insult them cos the only thing that most of them show me is they were just a bunch of brainless ppl.

YOU TOOK IT OUT OF CONTEXT

fs what a set up..

seriously though, the point about science remains, my drunkenness just got in the way slightly:

Originally, the idea of gods and deities were there mainly to explain natural phenomena - nowadays we have a more logical explaination of these things.. eg the sun.. the sea.. the tides.. the northern lights etc etc we now have a "good" understanding of how they function/exist)

Finally.. telling me to grow up - LOLZAROONEY@U (spot the sarcasm)

I'd got home at 2am from beign out for my 21st birthday.. i think im entitled to be quite drunk - or maybe you think i'm not.. does it go against your beliefs?
STOP IMPOSING YOUR LIES ON ME :P

edit: next person to use the word oxymoron in defense of religion is a retard and must be castrated for the good of the human race

Last edited:
Squirrels posts are basically all of moderation which is great tbh if he finds it a possitive force in his life.

but the debate was about the original post and how the info in it had been taken out of context.

"homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22 and cannot be condoned under any circumstance"
a quote from 2002

in what context should that be taken?

and if homosexuality is no longer an abomination then who decided that and if it was decided by man becuase god gave us a mind and we are not robots then just how much of the bible should be dissmised as and when we (man) feel like it.

to follow the bible as a possitive guiding force in your life dismissing the parts that are obviously wrong, out dated etc is one thing but to follow the bible and look upon others that do not follow the bible or do not fit as an abomination or wrong or anything else is not possitive and that was the point of the first post.

my own feelings are that i simply do not understand religion.

Christians, Moslims, Jews have slaughtered each other in thier millions thoughout history yet they are all Abrahamic religions so where does that all sit in the eyes of God? his followers killing each other off in his name..

what of other monotheistic religions such as hinduism which predates biblical religion where does that fit into the equation.

what of polytheistic religions most of which predate biblical religions some by thousands of years how do they fit?

People laugh at scientology becuase its a religion based on science fiction writings ... where as all the Abrahamic religions are based on science fiction writings a few thousand years older look at the things the bible describes its pure scfi.

this is why i say i dont understand it but i know that it doesnt make sense.

some of the most vile things in history have been done in the name of religion and i dont think there has been a conflict that hasnt been link to religion for thousands of years.

if there is only one god then which is the right god and if he decided how we should live our lives then who are we to decide that some of his original rules dont apply anymore and if god created everything then he created homosexuals too so how can they be an abomination?

If you read some modern philosophers writing such as Gilles Deleuze then religion becomes even more confusing as it explores spirituality, belif, cosmology and the Godhead and its relation and place in modern society or even if it has a place.

anyway ive just spewed out lots of thoughts in no order and tbh its too late to sit and actually structure them so nn :)

Last edited:
uZi said:
YOU TOOK IT OUT OF CONTEXT

fs what a set up..

seriously though, the point about science remains, my drunkenness just got in the way slightly:

Originally, the idea of gods and deities were there mainly to explain natural phenomena - nowadays we have a more logical explaination of these things.. eg the sun.. the sea.. the tides.. the northern lights etc etc we now have a "good" understanding of how they function/exist)

Finally.. telling me to grow up - LOLZAROONEY@U (spot the sarcasm)

I'd got home at 2am from beign out for my 21st birthday.. i think im entitled to be quite drunk - or maybe you think i'm not.. does it go against your beliefs?
STOP IMPOSING YOUR LIES ON ME :P

edit: next person to use the word oxymoron in defense of religion is a retard and must be castrated for the good of the human race

your post was going ok and was fairly respectable til you fell back into your favoured oppinionated Im right if u disagree your all fucking stupid anyway.

Nice to see some more replies here. I will try and address most points quickly:

Rotted
Judging from the way you describe yourself in forums (interests, quotes seems to be a mix of hell/metal/Satanism/few Nietzche random rants), I find it a bit hard to take what you seriously. You either are a true Satanist, in which case you adore pretty much what personifies evil in everything, no matter if it exists or not, or you are pretending to be for the sake of dissing on Christianity. I very much doubt you are into sacrificing virgins, children and drinking blood, so I will assume the second. In that case, please try to read my posts again without being blinded by your hate against Christians. Then, realize that even though I will not go into what religion is again, and discus history with you, I will again repeat the fact that you are falling victim to stereotyping again. I will try and make an analogy, since that usually is easier to get the point across. I am not sure where you are from, but assume for a second you are german. I might say then that german have killed millions and millions in both first and second world ward in just one century (not even going into millennia span), so from now on I hate your guts because you are german.
Yes, there have been many “religious” people that have killed and slayed past and present, as there have been countless “un-religious” others doing the same, as there also have been countless “religious” people helping millions of people and humanity in general. Any attempt to categorize all Christians, or muslim, jewish or any other religious/non religious people for that matter into one bad individual that is a member of, is completely foolish behaviour. It is simply spiritual racism, instead of physical one. Since I yet have to see a real argument from you, I will ignore your Christian hate mongering comments and hope you will see the light at some point.

Uzi
I understand that you were drunk or whatever, what I don’t understand is how in that state of mind you can think of posting anything of value into a real discussion. I am sure 10 years later from now you will not do the same mistake, hence the grow up comment, which I think is still valid. I am not imposing anything, in fact my post are completely against that if you took the time to actually read them, I am simply pointing the complete failure of the argument you are trying to make. Your new “Someone thought God made heat, now we now it’s the sun, hence all beliefs/religion are bs” is again completely illogical, I’d suggest logic books/courses if you can’t see that. Following your reasoning, teh fact that scientists thought there was no particle smaller than an atom a hundred years ago, means all science is bs now. Also, going along the lines what mush said, I tried to ignore as much as I could from your post, but your end line was certanly a bit striking, and you are doing the same now that you are apparently “sober”, just goes to show your mindset. I guess next time I will just have to skip your post completely

Rich
You are I think one of the few people that I was actually hoping to get some comments from, since I knew I wasn’t going to get some casual rant based on nothing, so let me try and go through what you question.
Again, I would like to stress the point of not identifying God with religion, especially what “religion” is now in modern times, refer to my previous points. As you said, there are many different religious beliefs, present and past, and they simply reflect the psychological/spiritual state of the people at the time, or their life philosophy, it has nothing to do with the fact that God exists.
Having said that, you raise the issue of homosexuality. This is a very important issue, especially now in US (and gradually elsewhere too). While I feel this deserves its own thread, I will comment shortly on it on general personal view. Yes, I believe that is an abomination, and while someone might think that means an evil, terrible thing that must be annihilated at once, to me it simply means it’s a sickness, un-natural thing that can be healed and cared for. I do not think anybody can argue that behavior is natural, you simply have to look at all aspects of life around you to understand that. Sadly, now it seems if someone can afford to sponsor a campaign to make something, no matter its purpose, as simply “a right to do”, and people love to blame anything they apparently have no control of (birth, genes, blood….) to justify their actions to get rid of responsibility, we are witnessing the gradual decay of all ethical/social values. There have already been groups asking recognition of sex between adults and children, man and animals and all other sick stuff, and there is more to come. This is what happens when complete moral disarray exists. I would gladly explore this more on its own thread.
Now going back to this concept of “following rules” you reference repeatedly. Again, assuming you read my previous posts, I will try to not repeat my point, but will shortly summarize some stuff. The bible, like any other book that doesn’t simply state facts, is something is understood, interpreted and reflected upon according to your state of mind/beliefs, and making the required adjustments from any insights and knowledge newly acquired. It is not a book that is just read. Therefore, we (man) are not dismissing some text, or negating another, or imposing some other. We are simply walking the path of the spiritual journey, as have millions of others before us, and countless others after. In the perspective, consider the bible has challenged our beliefs for millennia, and trust me, you can’t address all of humanity issues in one chapter :) Hence, depending on human generations and philosophy, there are always different parts in the bible that call out to people. 100 years from now, some passage that to us seems a mystery, might simply be a common stating of a fact. This is what all this “taking out of context” is referring to. Believe it or not, there are still societies right now that live by Moses law or some similar fashion, and it happens to be the best one that makes sure they don’t massacre each other.
I can take any old book dealing with past issues, and make up some analogy in the present and try to apply to it the same rules as in the past, resulting in some absurd situation. While this works great as a laugh (don’t most stand-up comedians do a very similar thing), it is out of the question to consider it a reality.
Going to your third point which again touches on a similar theme that I already addressed quite a bit on my previous posts, the whole “Who are we to decide how to live life if there is a god ….” I am sure you have wondered as to the reason of existence, why we are here. I surely see no point whatsoever in our life if that is simply a page on a book and all we do is read it aloud as we live our life. Again, existence of God doesn’t mean we are all of a sudden a bunch of robots following our programming. It is our intelligence and decision-making ability that makes us unique from anything else in this planet, and un-fortunately it comes with a very heavy price too, the ability to choose wrong instead of right (and ultimately death), but the very fact that we understand that is the most amazing concept in this universe, and I actually see that as one of the main reason why God exists to be able to create that in us. I certainly see no resemblance to it in any fashion on anything material surrounding us.
Regarding your comments on the modern writings in religion, sadly I agree with you, a lot of philosophers now tend to complicate and make things more confusing instead of getting to the bottom of very basic questions, thinking that the more complicated they make it, the “better” the understanding of it is. This is one of the reasons I am still a big fan of old greek philosophy and its followers. It sounds to me, and you in fact stated it yourself, that you are quite confused on this whole matter. I certainly hope I helped a bit, but I would gladly encourage you to make you own research on the matter, hopefully something you will afford doing during your entire life, discuss with people from both camps, and contact me personally too with any questions. I believe any discussions on these matters benefit people no matter if their point is proven right or wrong. Looking forward to your feedback

Mush
As I said, I had the same feeling from his posts, so good to see others feel the same way :)

Last edited:
As i said im not gonna waste time in this theme and this gonna be the last time that im gonna post about this.
Well first of all squirrel im pretty sure that (cos uve shown me ) that u dont know a shit about satanism and its ways but anyways we arent talking about it.So plz if u dont know a shit about a them plz learn before a bit or just dont talk about it cos u will only show ur ignorance.
And about this "I will try and make an analogy, since that usually is easier to get the point across. I am not sure where you are from, but assume for a second you are german. I might say then that german have killed millions and millions in both first and second world ward in just one century (not even going into millennia span), so from now on I hate your guts because you are german." .Its maybe the biggest bullshit that ive ever read man, if u are trying to show an analogy u had to say that in the case of wow 2 , the analogy would be in the case that i would be a NAZI nowadays , not only a german. So if u want to show an analogy about kills from christians in the past=hate christians nowadays -> kills from nazis in the past=nazi/neo-nazi nowadays.
But dont use that one ffs.
"Yes, there have been many “religious” people that have killed and slayed past and present, as there have been countless “un-religious” others doing the same, as there also have been countless “religious” people helping millions of people and humanity in general"
Well about this, what can i say? about that "religious ppl" that have killed .... well just sound funny as all popes in the past tryed to exterminate the rest of ppl who werent christians , anyways we could talk about this hours but u will think the same as u are supportting an institution that have killed millions of ppl in the past (in ur analogy it would be the same if i would be a nazi right now).
And about the other un-religious that have killed ppl, well theres a "little" difference , HYPOCRISY, the fact that christianity says that u have to help the poor and in the other hand u are killing ppl is a bit nosense for me but well it seems that "no one" doesnt have those things in their heads.

Last edited:
Firstly @ mush.. spot the sarcasm was a big hint.. i mean fs.. you want a big label saying THIS IS SERIOUS.. THIS IS NOT?.. plzzzz

I will point out i have an awful lot of disdain for religious people. When it comes to criticising their religion, or others, I find them incredibly pompus and stubborn (even self-righteous.. wowza! NOTE FOR MUSH: THIS IS A JOKE). So forgive my lack of detailed and proper debate.

@Squirrel, ive just finished my maths degree, please dont try and lecture me on logical arguement - it was a short and sharp point, which even if you still fail to grasp it, is completely valid

here it is one last time:

THE IDEA OF A GOD WAS ORIGINALLY THERE IN ORDER TO EXPLAIN THINGS THAT THE PEOPLE OF THE TIME (ie 2000 or so years ago) COULD NO EXPLAIN IN ANY OTHER WAY. NOW WE HAVE MORE CONVINCING EXPLAINATIONS (note: not necessarily totally rigorously correct - leave that to mathematics :P)

Firstly, i havent said that this means immediately that god does not exist.. however it puts a big dent in the whole idea of god, even if you cant accept it. The point about the sun, for instance, was a reference to the greeks, ie Apollo.. although the premise is the same for whichever natural occurence you wish to choose. They simply invented gods who governed these things.

Now this is all well and good for times where "logical thought" (yes i am aware that the greeks were great thinkers) is not so abundant. However, as history continued the idea of gods never faded out, with christianity, islam, etc uniting them into one "uber" god.

Unfortunately, as the human race began to stop being lazy and letting their belief in god(s) be the be all and end all of everything, they didn't manage to put the religious side on the back foot. People came up with theories which explained things a lot better than.. "oh god did it" - but still people held onto their faith in gods because the idea had gone too far.

I cant really be arsed to carry on with this, if you aint got the point now, i doubt you ever will.

Couple more things about religion:

Notice that christianity, islam, judaism, etc.. all have a doctrine which is made up of a dominating god, which wants (or at least this is what the religions want you to do) people to bow down and worship.. submit to the great creator of everything. This doesn't seem like a very good role model to me? How about you?

Again, aint gonna go further, if you give me more shit picking the wording of it apart instead of understanding the point.. i dont see why i should bother

Last thing for you to sidestep:

In greek times, when the fact that the root of 2 is irrational was discovered, it was hidden from the world, because it was considered ungodly that an irrational number could exist. It took about 1000 years for this to be discovered again, all because of faith in gods/religion. GOOD GAME!!!

More with this.. the romans burned great libraries filled with scientific theories and ideas, books etc, all in the name of GOD

Think of all the knowledge and advancement in technology that has been held back because people think that god wouldnt like it to happen (im sure you're gonna go off on a stem cell research thing from this.. go for it) or because the leaders of religions didn't like it.

Theres a few reasons i think religion is a bad thing.

Finally, ill go for the more personal side of it.. people who find comfort in their faith when going through hard things. I'm glad it helps them, but in reality they are just deluding themselves in something which probably doesn't exist.. mental illness anyone? In fact.. a bit like the sickness you talk of regarding homosexuals?

I aint gonna carry on. I'm aware this posts lacks structure, but then again i dont see why I should bother as you dismiss me as immature.. couldnt be more wrong tbh m8y :x

EDIT: Re-read a few things.. your thing about God and religion being two seperate things: NO no no no no no.. couldnt disagree more. Without the idea of god, there would be no religion. Without religion, the idea of god existing wouldnt be around anymore - it would lose to the explainations of science, etc

Last edited:
Another thing i missed in my last post.. but i think it deserves its own post

In reply to:

"what I don’t understand is how in that state of mind you can think of posting anything of value into a real discussion"

#1 this is the chit chat forum.. very rarely does real discussion enter this part of the forums

#2 the opening post is taking the piss out of judaism, ie a bit of a joke

#3 when i was pissed i read about as far as page 2.. probably less.. i was drunk.. and i was quite intent on having a stab at religion

Now read the post above :P