Why Can't I Own a Canadian?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Pete said:
God's law has been fullfilled by Jesus when he died for everyone on the cross. Gods law therefore doesnt apply in this time.
While I don't see the link between death and ending some law, but I'm cool with it.

Pete said:
It was given to Israel only (so Gods people), not to other people.
But you just said it doesn't apply anymore?

So either
- It doesn't apply anymore because jesus died
- Or it's only for Israel

Either way:
As an example gay marriage should be allowed then, since homosexuality isn't an abomination anymore.

Pete said:
Learn to read.
Ad hominem.

Pete said:
Do you know what context means btw? In that time, that setting, etc. slavery was pretty common under every nation.
Funny how you only say slavery and simply disregard the 2 other things I mention: Rape and murder.

Pete said:
Ah well, i guess there's no point in explaining!
Nice weak way to simply end a discussion, if you can't explain just say so.

I advocate the stabbing in the throwt of all religous ppl whos religion at some point claims the destruction of all none believers, that should cover a good sized bunch afaik.Its us against them after all, nothing wrong with self deffence.

And on that note btw, the israeli rebinical council came out with a statement that under hebrew law there are no inhocent ppl during war.So i guess all the suicide bombings were ok after all.

Gen76 said:
I advocate the stabbing in the throwt of all religous ppl whos religion at some point claims the destruction of all none believers, that should cover a good sized bunch afaik.Its us against them after all, nothing wrong with self deffence.
:nod:

Huh, how is that self defence if it's being advocated? Sounds to me to be an oxymoron right there!

Btw, seems to be some confusion as to what does & doesn't apply today. All the laws still apply to man, just that certain ones like slavery are not done anymore (at least in today's civilized & democratic/law-abiding society). One must realize that the old testament mentions the early development of the Israeli nation & laws were given so chaos, etc. doesn't continue to go rampant. Remember, times were different back then & things did change as the rest of the world progressed. With Jesus' arrival, he not only said about earthly things, but also the next step... that of the spiritual.

I'm not expecting a non-Christian to fully understand some things as one who is a mature & believing Christian would. So until that experience of revelation is realized, things wouldn't be clearly seen.
Btw, I'm not saying 'everything' would be explained fully here on earth, but better known since faith is also involved.

lol nice letter :D

haven't met a christian that would beleive in Apes & evolution , even if it had been scientificly proven :o

Well, at least I believe in apes. I've seen them live in zoos, but why they needed to be scientifically studied at still is beyond me. Maybe they're looking for signs of them evolving! :lol:

Flatus said:
Maybe they're looking for signs of them evolving! :lol:

Erm, yes, they do look for such. They look for human characteristics such as social ettiquette, use of tools, communication, etc.

Now why the fuck are you defending such a silly concept as religion?

Loool book of revelation.

Anyway Flatus theres lots of stuff u should check out. So instead of arguing with the ppl around here whom u wouldnt believe no matter what they said....

Check out some documentaries on the subject, which have professors in theology talking about stuff like the rapture and book of revelation.

Start with a doc. called The secret bible, ones called the rapture. Penn and teller did an episode of Bullshit on the bible. that was pretty good 2

My point is u r missinformed about prolly alot more than than just whats been said here.If u want to be a faithfull christian u should question your belief and not just parrot what some priest in your village has said.Remember the religious texts which r still in the bible are 2000 years old. They have been rewritten who knows how many times.Therees also more than 1 version and they have all been heavily edited and censured, do u infact know how many books of the bible got left out up til now? i do.

Time for u 2 stop taking everything at good faith and find out for yourself.

Or are u afriad of what u might find out?

There is nothing much more to find out. If your blinded to what's already been handed down for years & misinformed by what others are telling you, then it's you that got to find out the truth & don't take all the BS that you want to believe. I have seen already at what's been done & nothing has clouded my mind as yours has Gen. Millions throughout the centuries have lived & died for the true faith, yet many also got deceived by those that have tried & failed to prove otherwise. No 'priest' had to tell me that.
Btw I've lived in a city all my life, not in a small village unlike yourself. As for those so-called missing 'books', I already know about the Apocrypha. :P

All the laws still apply to man, just that certain ones like slavery are not done anymore

thats the whole point.... what laws are not done anymore and what laws are followed now?

and who decided what laws should and shouldnt be followed now ?
did God pop up and tell someone that its ok to not use slaves anymore you will still be allowed into heaven ..oh and by the way ive changed my mind on the homos too But bisexuals their fucked as far as getting into my yards concerned coz they think they can have the best of both worlds and thats taking the piss..

im not just knocking the jewish religion id put the same argument to any ..

you can not say this bit doesnt apply anymore or isnt practised anymore or anything like that and this bit still does as it undermines the whole thing

all that said
im following the gospel of st douglas of adams

Last edited:
I'd just like to say you can't own Canadians because I would get mad and poop in your hat. And that's something we really don't need to see.

Flatus said:
There is nothing much more to find out. If your blinded to what's already been handed down for years & misinformed by what others are telling you, then it's you that got to find out the truth & don't take all the BS that you want to believe. I have seen already at what's been done & nothing has clouded my mind as yours has Gen. Millions throughout the centuries have lived & died for the true faith, yet many also got deceived by those that have tried & failed to prove otherwise. No 'priest' had to tell me that.
Btw I've lived in a city all my life, not in a small village unlike yourself. As for those so-called missing 'books', I already know about the Apocrypha. :P

What are your afraid of?

This thread amuses me through the blatant, devoutly religious stupidity exhibited within.

I do not see how the 'original' religions can possibly survive in a society such as ours.
Christians tell everyone not to take the stuff in the bible out of context, which is the biggest form of bullshit and hypocrisy ever. That what was written is how people thought about shit. The world was created in 6 days, people who work on the 7th should be killed, and 'thou shalt not kill' are all bullshit, and claiming that 'these things are metaphorical or outdated and shouldn't be taken out of context' is EXACTLY taking it all out of context.

If you're going to believe in this damn book then follow it as it is, don't change it however you want to make it a 'better' religion, that's not how it works imo.

Even if there is a supreme being, which I highly doubt, but even so. Let's suppose, hypothetically, that there is a supreme being and he created all of us and he cares for us and yiddayidda blahblah. Why isn't he doing shit right now? And why has he always done all his shit before one guy, when nooooobody was around, high up some mountain or in some desert or whatever?

If there ever was a time for a big disastrous flood, now's a pretty damn good time with all the sinning, murdering, 'false religions' and a general decline in the faith of all the people. I suppose a flood would be terribly inadequate at killing everyone on earth these days though... with all those nuclear subs and ships that can stay at sea for ~6 Months... would also leave quite a clean-up. I suppose God should just make a Deathstar and have it blow up earth and move Mars to Earth's old location, then start over again. Man, I should be appointed to the role of supreme being, think of the organisation we'd have!

Gen76, nothing.

The other stuff said above is obviously teen angst with just useless spam with no rhyme or reason of understanding that which is spiritual. Pity.