Why Can't I Own a Canadian?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Useless spam, eh?
Those are practically facts.
But fs, let's drop this already. Don't need arguing about religion... the hare-krishna or w/e thread covered much :lol:

Flatus said:
Gen76, nothing.

The other stuff said above is obviously teen angst with just useless spam with no rhyme or reason of understanding that which is spiritual. Pity.
In other words... you're afraid to die so you clinge onto something which will make you feel better about it?
I'm fine with all the spiritual stuff, but the bible is full of shit and so are 99% of all the other religious books. If there is a supreme being he wouldn't be connected to any religion on Earth since they're all corrupt and twisted through time and society anyway. I also highly doubt that he'd let all his stuff be written by a couple of faulty humans who seem to get everything about the world wrong in a hopeless attempt to explain the spooky things around them and feel better about their 'after-life' and the fact that they want to kill the bastards in their neighbouring countries, rape their wives and sell their daughters as slaves/prostitutes, but don't want to get killed by their own countrymen, thus adding bullshit like "Thou shalt not kill" and making it all an official document ordered by God on some mountain when noone was around to validate things.

Nothing about religion makes sense in our current world. I think humanity would be a lot better off without people killing each other over their invisible men in the sky. Just live your life as a good human being and try not to hurt those around you. You don't need some religion to dictate your life and control your thoughts. If there is a supreme being and I one day have to face him then I can honesty tell him (up untill now, anyway) that I have tried to live my life as best as I could and that I tried to do the right thing most of the time.

Bring on the next amazing reply.

Genesis 1:1 to 1:25...... everything going well :thumb:

Genesis 1:26.....God gets the idea to make man. Damn !!! He was doing so well.

Went downhill from that point on............

Last edited:
Menace said:
In other words... you're afraid to die so you clinge onto something which will make you feel better about it?
I'm fine with all the spiritual stuff, but the bible is full of shit and so are 99% of all the other religious books. If there is a supreme being he wouldn't be connected to any religion on Earth since they're all corrupt and twisted through time and society anyway. I also highly doubt that he'd let all his stuff be written by a couple of faulty humans who seem to get everything about the world wrong in a hopeless attempt to explain the spooky things around them and feel better about their 'after-life' and the fact that they want to kill the bastards in their neighbouring countries, rape their wives and sell their daughters as slaves/prostitutes, but don't want to get killed by their own countrymen, thus adding bullshit like "Thou shalt not kill" and making it all an official document ordered by God on some mountain when noone was around to validate things.

Nothing about religion makes sense in our current world. I think humanity would be a lot better off without people killing each other over their invisible men in the sky. Just live your life as a good human being and try not to hurt those around you. You don't need some religion to dictate your life and control your thoughts. If there is a supreme being and I one day have to face him then I can honesty tell him (up untill now, anyway) that I have tried to live my life as best as I could and that I tried to do the right thing most of the time.

Bring on the next amazing reply.

I pretty much agree with all of this, good reply Menace!

Flatus said:
no rhyme or reason of understanding that which is spiritual

I would hardly call following the instructions of an old book which has been repeatedly re-written over the last 500 years to be 'spiritual'.

If you want an example of such stupidity, I shall give you one: The vast majority of christians in the UK follow a branch of christianity - The Church of England, that was essentially created in 1534 by King Henry the 8th for no other reason other than to allow him to could divorce his wife!

King Henry VII changed "God's" word for his own benefit, and pretty soon, everyone was fine with it! Why? Because it was a good change, and it suited their needs.

It was a change that they liked enough, so they were willing to ignore the idea of "Let no man put asunder what god has joined together." since they decided they quite liked the idea of being able to cancel their marriages - just one of many example of the word of "God" being re-written to fit in with what people want.

Skewing the words of some long-dead monks and european monarchs so that they fit in with your own morals is truely pointless if you're aiming for 'spiritualism'.

You want some spiritualism, take up Yoga and meditation or something, or lock yourself in a monastery, become celibate and live as "God" actually ordered.

Can you imagine how pissed a supreme being would be if their words were skewed, twisted, taken out of context, blatantly ignored, or in some cases simply re-written so as to fit in with the lives of his measly, mortal creations?

Do you know what a religious 'fanatic' is? It's someone who is actually doing as their deity commands. These so called 'moderates' are simply taking the bits they like, and conveniently ignoring the bits that they don't!

Moderate Christians. Moderate Muslims. Moderate!

The very meaning of the word is "Being within reasonable limits". What must that mean?

Following a reasonable amount of "God's" words?

Grow up. Either follow your religion properly or just stop. The only reason you're doing it is because you're shit fucking scared of dying and going to hell - so you figure that if you follow just enough of what you're supposed to, your place in Heaven, Valhallah, or McDonalds will be secured.

How can you honestly believe in god? Really. Please tell me - because I've seen and heard a lot of bullshit in my life, but none of it beats religion. Religion - Christianity, Islam, Judaism, whatever... Religion.

Religion is the greatest bullshit story ever told.

Let me give you some George Carlin here:

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day.

And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do - and if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish... Where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever until the end of time!

... But he loves you.

He loves you, and He needs money. He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow... Just can't
handle money!

Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and yet they always need a little more.

Now, you talk about a good bullshit story....

Holy Shit.

The other stuff said above is obviously teen angst with just useless spam with no rhyme or reason of understanding that which is spiritual.

I'm no teenager and nor are most of the other posters .. as for "useless spam" hardly any of it is spam infact for a chit chat thread it has an almost non existent amount of spam .. you simply will not or can not answer the questions put to you so dismiss them with the above quote. you say the post have no "understanding that which spirituality is". unfortunatly you use the word spirituality in your dismissal of all the questions bieng put you on religion showin infact that you are ignoring or have no understanding of the difference between sprituality and religion yourself.

Im not going to give you deffinitions and the huge differnce between the two all i will say is there is a huge difference between fear and enlightenment "find your own path and connection to the difinitions and dont let groups of others find them for you or force you to them" ..

i guess folk can not answers the religios questions we have asked in this thread ..shame

Last edited:
Throughout history gods have been made up to explain pretty much every aspect of life which is hard to grasp.

The whole idea seems farfetched to me, but I can understand it if one wants to believe in something you could call god.

The thing I dont get is how one could possibly believe the stories told in the bible or koran or whatever book is the one and only truth...

There are so many similarities between religions and beliefs... If you trace the histories you find so many common roots... I really don't get the we are 100% right and the rest must be rubbish mentality so commonly seen in religions.

Rich, I didn't say you were a teenager, I said those above (between the posts done).

For the rest, just take what was said before & consider it before saying more nonsense back. Even when proof is shown as stated before in the holy bible, someone always comes by to say/question otherwise. Also nothing was re-written from the existing ancient texts, but just copies made & translations done for those that speak a different language.

As for what King Henry did, he did it for selfish reasons & nothing to do with the Word itself. God will be the final judge in the end for every one's life.

I'm no authority in all things 'religious', that is why there are those theologians out there that one can go & ask. I don't need to reply to everything said on here for that's not my area of expertise. All I'm doing is saying what I understand & have experienced in my life from the many testimonies given beforehand.

I'm sorry for those that have never yet gone through what millions around the world have, but since some seemed upset (maybe on a subconscious level even) & feel compelled to argue it still here, then I'll stop now.

P.S.- Good luck to those that are seeking out the truth.

Flatus said:
I don't need to reply to everything said on here for that's not my area of expertise.

So in other words, you're backing away because your arguments are groundless and have, subsequently, been utterly destroyed.

Flatus said:
I'm sorry for those that have never yet gone through what millions around the world have,
Millions believe that they have seen UFOs...

omg i actually agree with humph on something!!

religion is a way for people to make themselves feel better when they have done something wrong. if it does it for you fine but please dont inflict it on the rest of us!!

nothing happens when u die your just dead no happy ever after so give it up and live the short life we have on this planet.!

Last edited: