Why Can't I Own a Canadian?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Flatus said:
Once again, only one line taken & blown out of context. GG, point proven. :rolleyes:

How is it taken out of conext? I don't see any other way it could possibly be interpreted.

Well, I will admit that the first post made me laugh, but looking at the rest, I'd like to say a bit on this, though I wouldn't want to spend too much time on this kind of thing because these matters require much more consideration and serious discussion than a bunch of copy/paste seen for the 1 millionth time easy arguments, and I prefer to talk on a personal level on this.
First, it seems that almost 90% of the arguments on the bible lines are completely oxymoron, as to contradicting the very fact they are trying to prove. The main concern seems to be that somebody cannot live or force on someone else how to live life by the lines of a book, yet the very argument is that the bible lines are not followed on this matter (ignored, taken out of context), hence bible is full of shit bla bla. It is a perfect example of how people are so blindly following media/culture rolemodels/howtos in life, that even when trying to argue against it they are looking to find an identical solution. Please reflect on the depth of your argument, and realize that God did not put a book out to have robots follow its procedures, that is why you have a mind of your own and can make up your own conclusion. While I admit I don’t read the bible too much, unfortunately life gets too busy in everyday chores, a lot of times I have found passages that really inspire and guide me into making better decisions. To me god personifies love, truth and absolute knowledge, and those are something I am willing to spend my life seeking. Any book that provides philosophical, moral and ethical challenges to greater enlightening is a welcome relief on my point of view. The spiritual progression is in fact its purpose, and no that does not mean stretching you feet while seemingly meditating. I will cut this point short as to I don't have the time to devote to it as of now, but you are welcome to contact me personally on it. Now a quick reply to some of the arguments that I have heard so many times from people that mostly think they found out the "truth" in one quick read/view of a book or documentary.

1) You are afraid of death, therefore u believe...Yes I am afraid of death, and you are fooling yourself to think you aren't, any living being does now will its self termination, otherwise it would not be alive in the first place. Yet that doesn't mean I make up things to hope to avoid it, but I try and find meaning and seek knowledge there where we do not have answers yet. If you accept it and live your life for the purpose of eating, f*ing, sleeping and dying then fine, it's your opinion.
2)Why doesn't god do something, kill the bad bla bla....Lets say god killed all the bad people/things, would that make you a better person? Why, because it's easy to be good when everything is the way you like it? Are you doing any good when everything is good in the first place? I see no value in identity and knowledge when everything is provided for you, unless you like to live like a robot as I already mentioned
3)Religion this, religion that bla bla...stop identifying god with religion, especially the nowadays concept of religion. Now religion is completely a human made manipulation tool for attacking/defending their ideas from birth, and psychology is probably the field it best belongs to. Stop following the clichés, and make up your mind on what you personally think/believe , and know how to separate the multitudes of Nice and your own individuality.
4)I saw this movie/read this article that bible/christ/judaism had this weird/is missing ... how can you believe now, it's all false bla bla bla...Please, you are not the only person to have read/seen it, and there are tens of thousand more resources in all likelihood both pro and against your "Newly" discovered fact, Historians, theologians, scientists and philosophers to mention a few have always had different camps on most of these issues, and if the issue has not been resolved yet there is a reason why. I have had my fare share of research, and I keep looking for more, but I don't dare saying I have the final answer yet, and I hope you are not saying that either, unless you somehow discovered something, in which case I would gladly hear it.

I probably did not cover all points, and I apologize for spelling mistakes also because of a very quick write up, but I would like to close it on what this all seemed to have started. I think almost everyone agrees after reading the bible (All of it) that it's general feeling no matter what the person background reading it, is to encourage people to do good onto others and themselves. You might think you don't need a book telling you that, but that might be said for all books, and trust me, there is a lot more knowledge out there that can be had, and its absence does nothing but hurt you, even though you might think you don't need it.

Last edited:
If u havent got the time to make your post readable y write so much?

Ill comment on it when u spend some time on sentance structure, spelling mistakes i can handle. But what u wrote is gibberish and likely to give someone a migrane.

U seem to have a less fundie starting point that most, but i might be mistaken.(See above paragraph)