Final Fantasy XIII

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nice, I didn't know anything about these special upgrades! :D Only got a few accessories to star level... I guess upgrading becomes pretty much mandatory now that the endgame content starts... Gonna go for all marks next :D

lol this boss at chapter 12.. it was fun..
after he got staggered and the effect worn down, he becomes crazy and does a hell of a lot of damage.. I thought.. what if I don't stagger him and just attack and let the staggermeter run out and attack again.. and it worked :lol: .. Easy peasy that way :D

you smart brain :D
i will restart the game becaues if you 10 eurotrash love it... maybe its ok?
i skip all the cutscenes though and i never care for a story..

If you never care about a story you should never ever buy a Jrpg again :lol:

lol this boss at chapter 12.. it was fun..
after he got staggered and the effect worn down, he becomes crazy and does a hell of a lot of damage.. I thought.. what if I don't stagger him and just attack and let the staggermeter run out and attack again.. and it worked :lol: .. Easy peasy that way :D

Is this that
Big machine thing, which has an "air mode" and an "annialation mode"
? Cause that thing just kicked my ass last night. I figured i'd just be off training :P

yes but the first time you encounter him.. the second time he's even worse and i had to level some before i got that.. now at thelast chapter :D

yes but the first time you encounter him.. the second time he's even worse and i had to level some before i got that.. now at thelast chapter :D

But how do you not stagger him anyway? I figured i'd just go rav/sen/med with light being the rav. I was just bashing x but he still staggered, the noob

by having 3 meds or 2 meds and a synergist ;).. or you have a synergist/medic and you keep yourself passive as ravager

by having 3 meds or 2 meds and a synergist ;).. or you have a synergist/medic and you keep yourself passive as ravager

but i cant just switch the channels and keep bashing x that way. I dont wanna actually watch how i kill something with 3 million hp, while doing 3k a hit :yawn:

lol.. well then level something ;)

anyways finished the game now :D.. now some trophy hunting.. leveling all characters to max and taking on cieth stone missions

Breen post which characters you used and what classes! I personally ignored the sentinel class completely...

i basicly used this all the time:

Team:
  • Lightning
  • Fang
  • Hope

with the setups:

RAV/COM/RAV
COM/COM/RAV
RAV/COM/MED
MED/SAB/SYN
MED/SEN/MED

that's all.. I used.. for larger enemies i started with the MED/SAB/SYN setup, and went into RAV/COM/RAV when I was fully equiped with buffs en debuffs. When in trouble I use MED/SEN/MED or MED/SAB/MED when the enemy debuffed himself.

smaller enemies i just started RAV/COM/RAV to do a quick stagger.

Interesting as I never ever used 2 medics at once or the sentinel class :D Just shows how many ways you can play this game...

Might aswell post my setups then...

Lightning​
Hope​
Vanille​
1. Commando
Ravager
Ravager
2. Commando
Medic
Ravager
3. Commando
Synergist
Saboteur
4. Commando
Ravager
Saboteur
5. Commando
Medic
Saboteur
6. Commando
Synergist
Medic

Fought regular battles with 1st setup obviously and used 6th one only against some tougher bosses that deal heavy damage instantly... And yeah, used Vanille's belladonna wand as a cornerstone vs bosses!

Last edited:
im surprised to see both of you seemed to use lightning as your leader (more surprised sausage didnt seem to use fang who's an absolute beat.) I had fang as my leader as she had the ability to summon bahamut and use highwind. (been hitting the 99.999 damage cap since i have that move. it also does multiple hit for that ammount of damage also :D

Also just completed the game. the ending was..... well... vague.

Just got to chapter 9 where I can finally choose my team :D

the first thing that came to mind was

Lightning - Sazh - Snow

I chose Sazh coz hes got some pretty cool moves as a synergist.. Im kinda owning everything at the moment and I havent even topped up my crystarium for a while.. wanna wait til it gets a bit tough before using the 40,000 points ive saved up! :D

graphics so own..

btw.. im still using all the same weapons from when I started but I just keep upgrading them. Im too scared to try out another weapon lol.. do you think im gonna get owned?

Sazh is tbh the worst character in this series..

his COM role doesnt match that of Lightning. His ravager role isnt as good as that of Hope or Lightning. He's only good as synergist, but that isnt enough to get in my team :P
he can't launch enemies when staggered either.. waste of a character tbh! :hangover:

finished half of the cie'th stone missions but the ones i get now are rather difficult. Especially the hardest titan stone missions.. The mission for the mega mega mega big beast that you see in the background that eat these giant dinosaurs as breakfast.

Last edited:
Sazh is tbh the worst character in this series..

his COM role doesnt match that of Lightning. His ravager role isnt as good as that of Hope or Lightning. He's only good as synergist, but that isnt enough to get in my team :P
he can't launch enemies when staggered either.. waste of a character tbh! :hangover:

finished half of the cie'th stone missions but the ones i get now are rather difficult. Especially the hardest titan stone missions.. The mission for the mega mega mega big beast that you see in the background that eat these giant dinosaurs as breakfast.

sazh is great for them very big enemies tho. As his blitz attack will just hit the same enemy multiple times. But still, ai doesnt spam it that way and there's no way i would ditch fang as my leader for him.