Final Fantasy XIII

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

This has been my 2nd PS3 thats died!

Was playing last night and it just suddenly turned off, and the red light at the front of the PS3 just keeps blinking, which apparently means that one of the components inside has died out. Now they want me to pay £131 to fix it fs.. Had this one for 3 years so warranty ran out too. The files are still on the PS3 but I won't be able to get them because it doesn't even turn on! Kinda shit coz I was just about to finish FF and now I don't think I cba to try and do that all again :/

Thats the one good thing about Nintendo, all the Nintendo consoles I've owned have never once broke.. fs!!

Does the light turn yellow for a bit also? If not, it could be a temporary overheating issue, which means you should be able to at least boot it after some time has passed.

If you see a yellow light, that means you have the YLOD. You could follow This guide

It really is a temporary fix, but at least you could get your saves back.

Where can I get those Traphezodon stones or whatever they are called!! I need them to get my ultimate weapons fs

I know you can buy them or get them from Adamantoises, but thats just luck.

Also, I got the Omega Weapon for Lightning, is that her best weapon? I just completed a mission and I got a new shop which has some weapons which cost 250k+, im guessing those are the ultimate weapons...?

Last edited:
yea the world structure should obviously be more like cieth mission areas.. but apart from that I pretty much liked it.. Although I want bigger attacks ;)

never played any FF before 13.. so i had nothing to compare it against, but I liked it alot.. but then again I like any JRPG :P

I want kingdom hearts!

latest trailer from E3 showing XIII-2

Anyways, picked up FF13 yesterday and I'm on chapter 5 now, liking it so far but want bigger weapons ff7 style :D Also can't stand the kids in the game, Vanille and Hope. They're terrible. Vanille has a voice that makes me want to kill myself and Hope is just a spoiled brat who whines a lot. Sigh.

I'm not going to bother with XIII-2. FF7-FF8 and FF9 were honestly amazing! 10 onwards ruined it for me =/ I still play FF8, can never get tired of it :P

To this date I still cannot relly get over FF7, one of the best games ever made. Crazy good. I just hope ff13 will be sorta decent like ff10, but even that is a stretch :D

It's better than 10 tbh, no cloister of trials borefest, far better and more interesting characters (esp main char) and better voice acting allover at least. Saw some gameplay footage from e3 and stuff they've added looked pretty, well, uninteresting. The new mainguy (noel or something) looked like a batty, only 2 characters in fights (3rd one is a summon) and you still only control the party leader plus excessive quick time events during battles (press button -- SUCCESS!!!)... Still a must get for a fanboy I guess :P

im always looking forward to new final fantasy games, whatever it is :).