Final Fantasy XIII

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

i heard you could change ur party at will from chapter 10-11 and forth. This may very well be the end of the game, dunno how many chapter there are in total.

@sausage: ye that laughing seen really made me wanna kill babies :/

I thought i read somewhere that there are 12 chapters, but the last 2 chapters take up about half the game or so.. dunno if thats true :P

breen when the hell do i get to play with snow and that other chick? getting really bored with the sazh and vanille parts :yawn: I just beat the bulbasaur boss thing, so how much longer until those parts are over? :P

I'm at nautilus with Sazh and Vanille... Dunno which chapter, don't even know where to see the chapter number! The game's still awesome.

breen when the hell do i get to play with snow and that other chick? getting really bored with the sazh and vanille parts :yawn: I just beat the bulbasaur boss thing, so how much longer until those parts are over? :P

where are you?
i must say sazh sucks.. he's the worst character out of those 6.. vanille is good though :D
my battle team is now lightning, hope, vanille.. but im at some boss fight at the end of chapter 9 which is REALLY REALLY hard :(

I'm at nautilus with Sazh and Vanille... Dunno which chapter, don't even know where to see the chapter number! The game's still awesome.

thats chapter 8 i think.. just some hours before where i am.. you can see it in the events menu, which chapter you are in :P

where are you?
i must say sazh sucks.. he's the worst character out of those 6.. vanille is good though :D
my battle team is now lightning, hope, vanille.. but im at some boss fight at the end of chapter 9 which is REALLY REALLY hard :(

Like i said, i just beath the crap out of a bulbasaur and now vanille and sazh have decided to go to nautulis

Oh and also, does anybody know any decent co-op games for ps3?

err..there's resident evil 5, borderlands, army of 2 (didnt really like these games myself), marvel ultimate alliance (pretty crappy games imo, but fun with 4 players), fifa ofc and theres prolly more games i cant come up with now

OK so like,

I increased a Role Level for Lightning, wtf does it do? It just says Lvl 2 Commander now.

and I keep getting new abilities through the Crystarium but when im in battle, I cant see them in the list?

OK so like,

I increased a Role Level for Lightning, wtf does it do? It just says Lvl 2 Commander now.

and I keep getting new abilities through the Crystarium but when im in battle, I cant see them in the list?

passive abilities perhaps? like launch?

or techniques that use tp (libra and quake come to mind)

WHAT? shutup axl u dont know what ur talking about.

and no, its not an Auto-Ability, I unlocked two "Abilities" :S

What are the abilities you unlocked called? I think you might be confusing 2 classes... You unlocked say, blizzard and thunder for Lightning's Ravager class but you use the Commando class on her so you thus you can't see the abilities in the ability list (unless you switch her to the Ravager class)... If not, explain a bit more? :P

Started writing about the class setup I use here but I don't wanna spoil it yet since with my current setup all bosses have been piss easy :D then again I have minor problems vs larger groups (6+ mobs). I'd be interested to know which partymembers and classes you guys use since there's just so many ways to fight the battles (replay value!) and the classes are very well balanced. Maybe after we're all done with the story? :)

OH YEAH mi! I forgot about that, I was using the ravager class with Hope, but havent tried any other class with him so they might be from one of them.

I hated Odin btw :(

i just beat odin and not gonna play anymore
this game fckin sucks!!

walk in straight line random zzz enemy, heal once if needed, repeat x3000 + stupid lame cutscene zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
save?!
cutscene
save?!

gonna play bioshock 2 instead
or maybe spam some rockets!

well done riv.. I thought it was a very tough battle in first instance until I found the use of the synergist and saboteur roles :lol:

now i'm having trouble with the final boss of chapter 10.. which can kick like 75% of your hp in some serious kickass moves :D.. Best looking fight yet, but also hardest one yet! and just got my first gold trophy for using libra and getting the full stats of 100 different creatures :D

riv.. you're playing this on the 360 or not?

Last edited:
it was a hennnnnnnchhh bulbasaur!!

im at the bit where your able to change the weather to get different creatures, just past that bit where they advise you to go around those big shell creatures, but i was a man and took them down!!! they werent that hard.. just a bit long to kill.

oh and another question, how comes sometimes once you hit an enemy, their stagger bar sometimes goes down slowly but sometimes it goes down fast... must be something im doing but cant figure it out..

I'm not sure about this but I think magical attacks add to the stagger point % more than physical attacks but also cause the bar to go down faster. Physical attacks cause the bar go down slower but don't add as much %. Breen, you're the wise man so please confirm if this is true or not! Might be just my illusion!

The enemy's chain resistance and stagger point stats (visible thru libra) indicate how easy the enemy is to stagger so some enemies are easier to stagger than others.

I think you're right sausage ;).. that's exactly what I experienced as well...
finally defeated this bastard boss and i'm at my 4th eidolon fight now :D