Final Fantasy XIII

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I've been doing cie'th stone missions for quite a while now.. got trophies for the low and mid level missions.. just the tough missions now.. but damn.. some are REALLY tough!
i'm close to mastering several roles aswell :D

can someone explain this for me about the role trophies:

Name: Commando's Seal

Description: Mastered the Commando role.

Details: Max out one character's Crystarium for the Commando role
(Attacker in Japanese). This means bringing the role to level 5 and
purchasing all abilities. It does not appear necessary to fill every single
node as long as the role is at 5 and the abilities are all bought. Note that
level 10 of the Crystarium does not unlock until you finish the game.

What does he mean by bought all abilities? can you actually buy abilities ?

can someone explain this for me about the role trophies:

What does he mean by bought all abilities? can you actually buy abilities ?

Obviously..:P

Things like the -ara and -aga spells, launch, attack, blitz etc. are all abilities. You basically need to unlock everything that is shaped like a piece of crystal/ diamond in the crystarium.

Im doing hunts also now. But man those 'A' missions really are a bitch. I've dont 1-30 now except 27. And done a few above. Once i've done some leveling it's time to take down those adamantoises, to get me some trapezadons (sp? lol) for my ultimate weapons.

Then we'll see how many trophies i'll get before im bored :P

FFVII is quite overrated.. I haven't played VIII.. i've played IX, X and X-2 and now XIII.. from those, IX was the best by far.. the fairytale kinda themes are what final fantasy is about imo.. and Vivi was the best character.. you didnt see his face, but the emotions were really there!

FFVII is quite overrated.. I haven't played VIII.. i've played IX, X and X-2 and now XIII.. from those, IX was the best by far.. the fairytale kinda themes are what final fantasy is about imo.. and Vivi was the best character.. you didnt see his face, but the emotions were really there!

How can you say FFVII is overrated? I suggest you play FFVIII, that is by far the best Final Fantasy I reckon. FF9 would be my 3rd choice, ff10 was rubbish in comparison to all three IMO. 13 seems good, however I wouldn't buy it for two reasons.
1. It's not out for PC
2. I don't like the idea that the characters speak for themselves now, and that the controls, gameplay has changed immensely compared to the old games. Still, the FF storys will always be excellent.

Well, now that this turned into general final fantasy discussion, might as well throw in my 2 cents...

VIII for me was a let down because of weak impersonal supporting characters. Junction system was pretty ridiculous too: first of all you could become overpowered for the rest of the game before even leaving the Garden for the first time and second, it kinda made you not want to cast magic at all. Combine this with monsters' levels depending on your characters' levels, overpowered GFs and being able to control Squall's critical hit (easy to perform) and his completely random limit break system and you've got pretty much completely broken combat system... Although I liked Squall's appearance he was a bit too much Mr. Whatever for my taste. However the game had one amazing score again by Mr. Uematsu, lots of great side quests (esp. the card game!!!), beautiful graphics etc. so it had lots of potential to be a masterpiece but I still consider it inferior to 4, 6, 7, 9 and even 13.

IX was brilliant and I agree Vivi is one of the best characters in the series, if not the best. However IX suffers from 1 big flaw: Loading times. The battles take insanely long to load which is frustrating especially if if you face an easy mob you 1 hit and waste 45+ seconds for nothing. Other than that I have absolutely nothing bad to say about the game (ok maybe the very final boss appears from nowhere but that's only nitpicking).

Well I never found FFVII to be too special. Maybe that's cause i played it years beyond it's release date. FFVIII is cool, but imo (and it's my own fault i know) the combat just ended in spamming either GF's, or limit breaks (just keep a char on low hp and keep refreshing the commands menu untill limit break show up...)

FFVI on the other hand is obviously the best in the series :P

still playing? got like every role maxed now and need like 10 cie'th stone missions

been very busy with work and stuff so haven't even been able to launch the game since completing the story :( I wonder if they managed to create a proper ultimate boss this time :D FF12's Yiazmat was a bit ridiculous - 5+ hours of gambiting basically=:rolleyes:

Im on chapter 10 now.. Just saw the first Ci'eth Stone! Its like mini sidequests right? Is it hard to find all the stones or?

not really, most of them you meet along the way.. otherwise there's enough guides on the internet to find you the stones ;)

I don't wanna cheat tho. IM NOT YOU BREEN!!!!!! Just wanna know if there easy enough to find if you explore the land!

I don't wanna cheat tho. IM NOT YOU BREEN!!!!!! Just wanna know if there easy enough to find if you explore the land!

If you pay attention, it is hard to miss them. But you can't activate all of them, the 1st time you'll pass them.

And sausage, the final mission's (64) mark had over 15 million hp and creates barriers around himself, so the only way to do decent damage would be to stagger him. Engaged combat with him late last night, used libra, saw his hp and then i decided it would take too long :P