Facts about Psy

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's probably got his own reasons to 'hate' you. Thats what he tries to tell you I think. Referring to your own post ;)

I wouldn't even welcome Psy back as a player, his fucking around should be treated as a ban.

Reactions: Protocol
I am wondering why he (psy), and other missing admins for that matter, wasnt locked out from admin access long ago. I dont recall any post by him or phoenix, saying they were going to be away but were ofcourse coming back soon. You dont have to be paranoid to realize it would be sensible to disable the admin powers, various access accounts and change (master) passwords, just in case. And ofcourse they would have had no sensible objection to that while away because, 1) they wouldnt have any use for it while gone 2) it would eliminate (almost any) blame that could fall on them otherwise if something "went wrong". Maybe u think its the hindsight making it obvious, but its not, it should have happened and that it didnt is rather disturbing. Fact is that it could have saved alot of work and anguish with a little effort.
But im starting ranting again aint i, telling ppl to do their job :P

Maybe he did do it. Ppl can be driven to lots of shit for all kinds of reasons. But what can u say? When i had need for a admin, he was there. Fast and efficient, reliable, got things done. Mr serverfixer. Maybe best summed up as dedicated.
If u did it, thats sad. I think some of us could understand, but i also think its unlikely u could have the reasons to justify it.

Bart said:
wohoo thread reopened :D

First of all: Pld Cratos, Basdo, Martz, Relax, Mym and all the others who helped to investigate this :].

Well it has to come to such an end, although i didn't know him very well.
But everytime a single man has to handle the main work (like Psy did over weeks) this man begins to think that it can't run without him. He starting to think that he is the importanst part in the queue.
But then after he had to realise that all runs smooth without his help, he is very disappointed. So i guess Psy manipulated the league, so he can save the whole community once more when he comes back.

Like some peeps b4 me already said: Let's forget this case and continue with our "UT" lifes without wasting too much time in looking at Psy's wrong actions.

:nod:

riotz said:
And the peoples games he's been crashing? :yawn:
what more is that than an annoyance? servers have always crashed during games, only once in a while and not systematicaly but they did from time to time.
if this hadnt been made public then it would have been forgotten pretty fast and no one would have talked about it anymore.

about the psychopath, ok so ur using the word in the proper definition, still i think im with a majority who thinks of a psychopath as some lunatic whos slaying people for fun and not as someone whos trying to deceive ppl.

Reactions: Joko
It's easy to say all that now Largo, but it's something the admins will certainly learn from I guess.

Psy coming back as a player would be intolerable, for him and others. He wouldn't be able to play a match without it turning into an enormous flame-war followed by accusations of who did what. It owuld be impossible and even if he does try to come back (and is allowed to) I don't think he'll stay long.

EDIT: I don't think psychopath is the word to use here - I think egomaniac is a bit more accurate :saw:

And foxy:
If you don't have anything better to say than Psy must have had a great time sabotaging the league then fo. This is by far the worst thing that has ever happend to this league afaik. And you think it's funny? And don't give me that "it was a joke"-shit again. It's so old and boring. And somethings you just don't joke about but maybe you haven't learned that yet.

If you dont have anything better to say than accusing people you dont know of having psycological disorders then you can just f0. Worst thing that has happened to the league? a couple of servers crashing occasionally? This had the POTENTIAL to be much worse than it was, but due to the actions of the admins it probably affected you less than you realise. If Basdo hadnt made this post would you actually be complaining as much about all the server crashes?And don't give me all your personal predjuices "he didnt let me submit my maps once, what a fucking loser man". It's so old and boring. And somethings you should just keep to yourself mic, but maybe you havent learned that yet.

:rolleyes:

Sauron said:
what more is that than an annoyance? servers have always crashed during games, only once in a while and not systematicaly but they did from time to time.
if this hadnt been made public then it would have been forgotten pretty fast and no one would have talked about it anymore.

about the psychopath, ok so ur using the word in the proper definition, still i think im with a majority who thinks of a psychopath as some lunatic whos slaying people for fun and not as someone whos trying to deceive ppl.

Couldn't agree more

maybe u guys didnt read proper, the server setup system is fucked up beyond repair.

reason: psychotic

X-Bomb said:
maybe u guys didnt read proper, the server setup system is fucked up beyond repair.
reason: psychotic

You´r such a mindreader XB. Was just gonna say that.
In fact, some ppl doesn´t read the facts properly. They say what they wanna say without having a clue what´s been said earlier or what the consequences are.

X-Bomb said:
thats why i said no one has a real reason to hate him except the people who now have to clean his mess.
thanks to them we, the players, dont have trouble any more.

Psy thought this league would not survive without him sadly for him it has, and people who were playing a match when he fucked with the servers have a reason to hate him.

Can people PLEASE stay on the topic... i see a large bunch of the posts made here being delete, and with reason.. They are either useless junk like one smily in a post, or flames against other people posting in this thread.. If you cant stay on topic for once, this thread will end up closed again

Reactions: Martz
Largo said:
I am wondering why he (psy), and other missing admins for that matter, wasnt locked out from admin access long ago. I dont recall any post by him or phoenix, saying they were going to be away but were ofcourse coming back soon. You dont have to be paranoid to realize it would be sensible to disable the admin powers, various access accounts and change (master) passwords, just in case. And ofcourse they would have had no sensible objection to that while away because, 1) they wouldnt have any use for it while gone 2) it would eliminate (almost any) blame that could fall on them otherwise if something "went wrong". Maybe u think its the hindsight making it obvious, but its not, it should have happened and that it didnt is rather disturbing. Fact is that it could have saved alot of work and anguish with a little effort.
But im starting ranting again aint i, telling ppl to do their job :P

Maybe he did do it. Ppl can be driven to lots of shit for all kinds of reasons. But what can u say? When i had need for a admin, he was there. Fast and efficient, reliable, got things done. Mr serverfixer. Maybe best summed up as dedicated.
If u did it, thats sad. I think some of us could understand, but i also think its unlikely u could have the reasons to justify it.
No offense, but in a general rule it's easier said afterwards then actually done then. The situation was a lot different then it is now and you wheren't in our position as in what you know and how you (thought) knew people. You can't just say "hey you should've restricted his access etc, then none of this would've happened!" .. bit too easy to say imo.

as it looks now think the adminteam and many players in this league never wanna see him back... as in other words a ban

Status
Not open for further replies.