Facts about Psy

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
not surprise at all!!!

Just continue good work like Admin´s league, and Rock n Roll, playing Classic Wars :D

Holy shit :eek: I've hardly took any interest in AS for quite a while now, but this is almost as good as television :P

Kudos for keeping it under wraps for so long, didn't suspect a thing..

Martz said:
If you agree with me or not, it's the way it happened - and I hope it doesn't happen again. If it does tho, NO NOT FLAME PEOPLE! It still amazes me that there are veteran users who do not understand this very basic concept. If you flame or are virtualy violenent/agreesive, people will not listen to you. The same in real life - if I have a problem and walk up to a policeman or member of the public on the street and start screening/shouting and insulting them - they will not care what my problem is until I have calmed down.

Tru tru. Violence solves nothing, lucky most people grow out of it
(<<-------------------------)

Reactions: F@TBOY
Can´t see the real proof it was Psy at all.

Come on, when he had access to nearly everything, why havent he destroyed really everything? And not just messing with Server System and crashing some servers from time to time...
I mean, when i would be mad (and pissed off, etc and having reasons to destroy what others like most), and i have FULL access to the servers, to the databases, etc, i really would delete every single file/folder/etc and not doing that childish server crashing/editing server setup system/etc stuff.

Just my 3 cents.

Can i apply for League Admin?:P

thePROPHET! said:
Can´t see the real proof it was Psy at all.
There is plenty. I have the ftp log files of his logins from 2 different IP addresses which were the causes of the league site being manipulated.

The server admins have logs from LeagueAS (with IP logging) on the UTA Match servers for the times the server has crashed, the commands issued, the login and IP addresses.

Phil has the FTP login details for his ftp hosted on the setup system, which he gave me. Both IP addresses match. He's had nothing to do with UTA in months, and ICQed me the IP addresses. Which matched.

thePROPHET! said:
Come on, when he had access to nearly everything, why havent he destroyed really everything? And not just messing with Server System and crashing some servers from time to time...
I mean, when i would be mad (and pissed off, etc and having reasons to destroy what others like most), and i have FULL access to the servers, to the databases, etc, i really would delete every single file/folder/etc and not doing that childish server crashing/editing server setup system/etc stuff.

Just my 3 cents.
Well, it felt like he was fucking with my head. I was trying to fix the league web site, and very confused as to why things weren't working.

Everything looked fine, all the files seemed to be there and the timestamp wasn't anything recent and didn't look changed. Initialy I spent a long time looking at mysql problems and permissions. Running a file difference command on the current directory and the backup we were lucky enough to have and restore to a temp directory - we could see there were many changes. And they were weird. The backup version showed the CVS headers to be newer than the current version (1.5 comared to 1.3) We only have 1 copy of the site, which we grabbed when moving the league site over. As far as I know, Arse is the only other person likely to have a copy of the League web site other than Psy.

Noticing an entire web server gone is easily rectified, easy to point the finger and say it was malliciously hacked/etc. To find that your web site loses versions is a lot more confusing and takes a lot longer to sort out.

Also by this time Psy did not have any access to the league database, or at least I thought. His personal account the admin account for the league site had their passwords changed, and all phpmyadmin installations secured.

Using an old forums account, which also had group write access to some of the directory, he wouldn't have been able to delete everything on the web server or utassault.net site due to it being owned by other users, such as the admin and psy accounts. Random file changes certainly fucked with my head, but once it was restored and the password tweaked - it worked just like before.

I don't know how much more "proof" I can offer you. I can post the log files and stuff, however if you do not believe me - then I doubt you would believe any log files I would post as they could easily be fabricated along with my story. Thats your choice though, but this thread was started representive of all the league administrators, myself, doh, Relax etc - who are all confident of what has happened.

Thanks for that explanation Martz.

But, i still dont think Psy was cappable of doing such things, i mean, editing specific files/tables/etc to have the "effect" the league system/site was experiencing.

You need a lot of knowledge of what you are doing, and i dont think everyone knows all and everything about php/mysql/apache/uscript/etc together, since that person would have one of the best paid jobs :P

I think there were more ppl involved in that case and not just Psy alone.

thePROPHET! said:
You need a lot of knowledge of what you are doing, and i dont think everyone knows all and everything about php/mysql/apache/uscript/etc together, since that person would have one of the best paid jobs :P
You'd be suprised how much knowledge one person can gain by learning from others.

And no; I don't have one of the best paid jobs :P

Reactions: Snuggs
thePROPHET! said:

But, i still dont think Psy was cappable of doing such things, i mean, editing specific files/tables/etc to have the "effect" the league system/site was experiencing.

Then is would seem impossible to convince you...
If you think there was other people involved, please let us know what you theory is..
As a matter of fact i do think Psy did have everything he needed, to do what he did.. He had access to almost every resource in utassault.net, and with a bit of planing (which wasnt a problem for him), he could easilly have gathered enough information to do what he did..
Never the less, if there are other people involved (which i do not believe), we wouldnt have any way of finding out.. So far all attacks have all been from Madrid based ips, and all attacks, the user knew passwords, had other versions of files that only an admin could have had access to, (and how many admins have we had that lives in Madrid?), and had excellent knowledge of what he was doing..

auriel said:
thanks @psy 4being admin 4 a long time :love:

nothing against auriel but why are some ppl thanking him? you thank him for the so called effort he put in while he was prolly putting this lil scheme together.

sad to hear and quite surprising.
u cant call him a psychopath tho mic. if you call soemone who crashes servers and a website a psychopath then u lack the proper word for people who wander around and kill innocent folks innit.
while i jdespise his actions against this league i also remember how much he has done for it, so i suggest we call it even and dont keep beating that old horse of "i knew it", he's the outcast now anyways. imo the only people who have the right to hate psy for what he's done are martz and the rest of the staff and admin team who now have to clean up the mess. tho as martz mentioned it also led to a long needed developement, the power in this league is now spread over a whole team of gr8 admins, the responibility is no longer concentrated.

i dont understand those who moan that this matter was published at all. everyone, including me, always moaned and rightly so that too many decisions in this league were made in the privacy of the admin team or at least not communicated well, now finally they started to bring some transparency to this league, so why moan now?

btw xb, i think u mean another match altogether. if i remember right its the 3rd match between fxn and spr, we were winning and on the last map 2 of our players couldnt enter the server so the war ended with a tie. and i think when that happened psy was logged into webadmin, which of course caused a lot of suspicion and flame.

Last edited:
thePROPHET! said:

Psy had more knowledge than you think unfortunately. And the things he didn´t knew, he found out my listening or just looking it up himself. He was "roughly" 24/7 @ his comp so i really can´t understand how you can say he didn´t have knowledge about these things.

And there´s a difference between having knowledge, and actually beeing socially competent enough to get a job.

Sauron said:
imo the only people who have the right to hate psy for what he's done are martz and the rest of the staff and admin team who now have to clean up the mess.

No, every1 have the right to hate him. I certainly do, and have allways done.

Sauron said:
imo the only people who have the right to hate psy for what he's done are martz and the rest of the staff and admin team who now have to clean up the mess.

And the peoples games he's been crashing? :yawn:

thePROPHET! said:

Actually Prophet, its the other way round, hes pretty much the only person possible.
Its pretty obvious that its not some random hacker attack, the acts carried out were deliberately trying to damage the league, so it has to be someone in the community
The person knew every possible way to attack this league from ftp sites though mySQL admins,
was from Madrid, from Psys IP address, not just one from that area,
he knew uscript,
he knew mySQL (enough to do damage),
he knew which files to change to downgrade the website,
he knew how to change everything to keep things running, but badly

Psy certainly knew all that to at least some level six months ago, and no, you really dont need to have a well paid job, but you do need to have a lot of time on your hands. If he wasnt being here 24x7, that gives him a lot of time to figure out any last remaining bits that he didnt know. If there were more people than Psy involved, then he personally asked them round to his house to help him.

Reactions: CeCe
Holy shit, wtf has Psy done! I think he actually has beaten me at being lame! :bawling:

Anyway, riotz, since everything is sorted by the 'new' admin team, Psy's action hasn't got much consequences, just positive ones. Despite the hard work for the admin team, when Psy did all this, he actually did a good thing for the league, again! I'm not saying that what he's done is alright, just watching this matter from another perspective.

riotz said:
nothing against auriel but why are some ppl thanking him? you thank him for the so called effort he put in while he was prolly putting this lil scheme together.
U can't deny that he's actually built this league up on his own (no, i know he didnt start the league, i know he didnt invent it), and has been active adminning this league, taking all the shit that comes with it, 24/7. I really can't imagine how that would be. You can't either riotz - maybe thats worth some respect.

I know you and ]UAS[ had much trouble with SpR, and Psy on his own, altho i didnt really know anything about it, just heard a one-sided-story Psy told. And i couldnt care too much anyway. Still i can see that its a big relief for u and UAS that he's gone now, no more problems for you guys. Thats fine!

Supermic! said:
Back to Psy:
I read the whole thread not logs though. All I can say is he knows exactly what he is doing, he's not stupid and he definetly hasn't got any memory problems. Psy is a very smart person. Psychopaths usually are.
Come on Supermic! Despite all the shit u'v had to take in the past, u can not call someone a psychopate because he did this. Its just a childish action, born out of anger, despair and being unrespected by a lot of people. This can't be compared with psychopathes, unless your view on this matter can be compared with killing innocent people.

Then onto the 'hating-psy' subject. I don't really have reasons to hate him. TuT has. ]UAS[ has. AkA had. I know Psy made you 'guilty' for destroying AkA TuT. But still, its the internet. Does anyone of you actually know Psy? How do we define 'knowing someone' here? Why would we hate someone if we dont actually know someone? Is the internet of that much value to you?
You hate me TuT. I know you do. I dont say u can't. I have been a tit, maybe i still am one from time to time. Still i think when we actually meet we could have fun together, having a beer in the pub, etc. I honestly think we could. Things i have done on these forums, in the game itsself, don't really say how i really am. Only people who know me know how i am.
I just think there's a difference in knowing someone and knowing someone. I dont judge people for what they did on the internet, im judging them irl. Thats how they really are. I know i dont have many rights for this community to judge people anyway, looking to my history, but still, its my opinion.
Going on to me, since i got older, i was erm, 14 when i entered this league? Puberty, wanted to be respected, wanted to be there, met the wrong persons to game with, older persons than me, persons who flamed, persons I 'wanted to be', and copied there way of speaking to people, etc., etc. Since i got older, and actually, since a couple of months i can see that its useless to flame / be lame. Thats why i really dont see why Psy did this. It was his life. He was old enough to know it would be useless, he knew it was tracable what he did. Really one of the dumbest actions. Like botting on publics *cough* /me hides.

Ok, not turning this into a thread about me, just thought of it when i was typing this.

TuT said:
Psy had more knowledge than you think unfortunately. And the things he didn´t knew, he found out my listening or just looking it up himself. He was "roughly" 24/7 @ his comp so i really can´t understand how you can say he didn´t have knowledge about these things.

And there´s a difference between having knowledge, and actually beeing socially competent enough to get a job.

No, every1 have the right to hate him. I certainly do, and have allways done.
When i read this, its like you know him like your own father. You cant judge someone, just by knowing him over the internet, if he's socially competent enough, to get a job. Wtf! Maybe he did have a g/f. Maybe he did have an ok-ish job. Maybe he's even more social than you. (NOFI!!!!!!)

Anyway im leaving it to this, i prolly have forgotten some things, or some things arent right lol. Ltrrrrrrrr

[Edit]
About the proofs: lol its clear its psy init? I know he had the reasons to do things like this. I know he sometimes really felt let down, he got REALLY angry some times, etc. I never knew he was planning something tho, but all the evidence makes it clear. :[[

Last edited:
Pete, this doesn´t have anything to do with this thread/discussion but i just wanna point out (Since you mentioned it) that i don´t hate you. I just dislike your attitude and some things you have done obviously.

And about Psy. You´r right, i can´t say anything about his real life and gf etc because i don´t know him in person but i do know that he was here 24/7 and what he was capable of so how could he possibly have a normal well functioning life on the side of this? And about having a gf or not, it´s not our business.

But i can tell you this, and you have my word on it. No single person in this world that sits in front of his computer every single single second in his life will have a gf that stays, it lasts a while unless it´s an inflatable 1 made of rubber...

1 thing is for sure. What he did to this community now is way out of order. Enough said.

Afaik, Psy did go out quite some times, afaik every weekend he was away on saturday. I doubt that he's sad enough to emulate a life while he's 'away'. But u might be right. Who knows? Noone does. I dont like to speculate about this kind of things. I dont know the thruth, actually, noone does. So much for me about Psy. I hope Psy's life is ok :)

kinda agree with lex here... ok maybe many ppl pissed him off or been nasty/unfair but hacking servers violating protection laws and altering software etc is an illegal action... Ok he has done a lot in the past and he prolly had reasons for a lil revange BUT thats a question of the appropriateness of the means. That can make u more or less guilty but not inocent.

I feel for the admins that been trying to fix it - I'd be mighty pissed if I was them!

Bit of a wank thing to do there Psy, but still it must have been ace fun ;)

Reactions: CeCe
Status
Not open for further replies.