Facts about Psy

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AnTi said:
I think you dont understand something..

i think i understand enough to have an own opinion

i respect him and his work 4 the league very much,
but i don´t like how he handled a few things as admin be4 he left
and i don´t like how he pissed some of my m8´s that came to him with true and important things about league stuff
he just ignored them or made stupid comments (no need to go deeper)

that why i´m glad that his "dictaorship" has ended

Last edited:
Psy did put in some very long hours and spent a lot of time working on stuff for this league, as it's already been pointed out in the past. I have blindly supported Psy, without question of his judgement in the past. I'll do this for any league administrator or member of the community who puts in time to make things good for everyone. And I'll continue to do so.

The reason Psy left, I have always felt, may be done to something I have said. I haven't spoken to him on IRC in quite a few months, and our last conversation I got very pissed off at him for accessing forum databases and tables he didn't have access to, as he wasn't a Forum Administrator. While only a small issue, it annoyed me greatly as I wouldn't dare myself to directly edit any forum data to ensure the integrity of the data itself. This was accidently found out as at that point we didn't monitor phpmyadmin or apache logs. I was furious.

However, his good work in the past is now being overshadowed by the fact that he's done things against the league - which undo all of his good work imo. I cannot honestly put into words how annoyed and pissed off I am (and others too) that we've been trying to clear up this mess for weeks now. Grep'ing log files for IP addresses, changing passwords, securing directories, moving web sites which depend on it. Servers being crashed, hours of conversations with admins speculating what it could or couldn't be. With the auto-league setup system being fucked over - this really is the icing on the cake. This it only action so far which has caused damage which cannot be undone. Everywhere else we luckily had backups of the League Website, the Admin Control panel, the UTA tech admins could easily replace corrupted server ini files. The damage caused to the league setup system was intended to cause all the current league admins lots more work. And it will continue to do so until Timo can write the replacement, test it, and get it working.

I have seen the logs myself, I have seen his login attempts over the months while he was apparently away from his computer, logging into web servers which I am responsible for. What he has done recently, or someone from his IP address.. is in the same ball park as vandalsing a small village. The local people have had to pick up the pieces and work exceptionally hard just to get things back to normal. I would much rather put my time and effort into developing other new things such as the Fraghub site etc.

This had to come out into the open Like Mughi said, or it would have done through whispers and gossip anyway. I hope that the direct approach of the League and Forum Administration helps to clarify that we are totaly serious in keeping this community alive and kicking with or without any individual or administrator here.

For all the people who are saying "Told you so" - I think your slightly out of line. Psy, as far as we can tell, never did anything detrimental to the league during his time as an administrator for the majority of his time. It seems to be only once I had fallen out with him he seemed to need vengence. This isn't your flatform for bringing up old greivences - what do you think will happen anyway? The result changed and your few +/- points changed? We as a community need to learn from this and move onto bigger and better things. Not live in the past about a match or 2 which wans't won.

Which I do think has happened, with all the recent crap happening the League, Forum, Server and Technical teams have all been working together very hard. Our collaboratiive efforts have increased a lot, more communication between the admins themselves. We are all striving for the common goal at the moment which is - security and reliability - in everything which are responsible for at the moment. If anything, Psys actions have made us stronger - the opposite effect of his intentions, perhaps.

Martz said:
For all the people who are saying "Told you so" - I think your slightly out of line. Psy, as far as we can tell, never did anything detrimental to the league during his time as an administrator for the majority of his time.

This is what you think Martz, but let me inform you that what he did "in person" against "some" persons (including me obviously) in this league hurt the league itself more than you can imagine. If you look beyond the positive side of Psy, which obviously was that he sorted most of this league himself, you´ll find a totally different Psy. He was kind and fair to the ppl he wanted, but then again some ppl was "taken care of" in other ways. This was never revealed because as you mentioned yourself: You blindly supported him without question of his judgement.

So let me express my honest opinnion in this matter: I told you so from the start. And i told you so 1 million times. But you never listened and i was treated as an idiot. Fair enough, you may believe and think what you want but now we have finally seen the truth and you can´t imagine how happy i am about that.

Wintermute said:
Thinking about why he did it? I'd go with McNeill - Psy said (and obviously thought) that the league would die without him... with the new admin teamin place, not only is the league not dead, it seems to be getting stronger... and I guess his ego just wouldn't let that pass without trying to f** it up... and it almost worked!

This answers your first question Mc, which you partly did yourself as well. Wintermute summed it up perfectly.
Psy actually did a very similar thing once in AKA with our server but no need to dig deeper in that now.

Wintermute said:
I know that we have had a whole bunch of FDC (including myself) consider leaving UT for good after nearly every war in two months being ruined by server crashes... The question now is - how many people DID leave UTAS because of his actions?

Prolly a few yes. The main reason i started spending more time with other things in life was because of this. Actually you (Psy) helped me "cut down" my time "online" which gave me loads of free time to do other things in life. This is the only thanks you´r gonna get from me. It must feel good to know that you actually helped me with 1 (the most important) thing eh? :takeit:

P.s.
:clap: to the present admins for doing a great job with this and the rest that goes on in this league. You all made this a better place to be.

I can only repeat my thoughts:

Krieger said:
IF psy did this:

Who pissed on psy's cake? Why would he do this in the first place?

Power battles within the administration or something like that?

Or did someone try to ruin psy's reputation?

There's never perfect leaders. Leaders are as perfect as the people let them be.

It is very hard to judge Psy on a few logs and some people's subjective opinion.

Unless:

1. Psy should never have done a thing like sabotage (if he is the one). He should have stayed put and kept his honour intact. A decent man would never do a thing like that. His faith and philosophy would have prevented this.

2. IF he did it, WHY would he do it? WHO/WHAT pissed him off so badly? Nobody told us why he was so pissed.

I think the public announce is not very informing. So, why publish it?

Last edited:
Krieger said:
I think the public announce is not very informing. So, why publish it?

Its already been posted, an email was given to clan server admins about a possible security problem with their clan servers, the public post elaborates on it a bit more and was to stop any rumours that may have arisen. The post is only to make you aware of the problems that have been happening and the possible causes, its not to give you all the information as quite frankly you dont need to know it, what would you do with all the proof?

TuT said:
This is what you think Martz, but let me inform you that what he did "in person" against "some" persons (including me obviously) in this league hurt the league itself more than you can imagine. If you look beyond the positive side of Psy, which obviously was that he sorted most of this league himself, you´ll find a totally different Psy. He was kind and fair to the ppl he wanted, but then again some ppl was "taken care of" in other ways. This was never revealed because as you mentioned yourself: You blindly supported him without question of his judgement.

So let me express my honest opinnion in this matter: I told you so from the start. And i told you so 1 million times. But you never listened and i was treated as an idiot. Fair enough, you may believe and think what you want but now we have finally seen the truth and you can´t imagine how happy i am about that.
I have to support him, and any other league admin blindly. None of us have the time to double/tripple check every other league admins work. Nothing would get done then. I always supported Psy on the forums by deleting threads/posts/banning people who were unable to follow the forum rules themselves - that was my support to Psy. If I treated you like an idiot, I sincerly appologise. If there are users flaming the league admin on the forum, then your posts are going to get deleted and your point is going to get missed. Regardless of the league admins actions or inactions - you need to support the community by following the rules and procedure, not waging a text based, forum war against an admin. That will not get you anywhere, as this whole situation points out. Perhaps if I had received any private messages about the types of damage you talk about which I do not see, I would have been aware of it. But nobody "told us so" anymore than coming up with a conspiracy story, flames, and little proof.

If you agree with me or not, it's the way it happened - and I hope it doesn't happen again. If it does tho, NO NOT FLAME PEOPLE! It still amazes me that there are veteran users who do not understand this very basic concept. If you flame or are virtualy violenent/agreesive, people will not listen to you. The same in real life - if I have a problem and walk up to a policeman or member of the public on the street and start screening/shouting and insulting them - they will not care what my problem is until I have calmed down. And most of the people who did have a problem with Psy only flamed him in public. If an admin was investigated everytime they were flamed nothing would get done, and this place would go down the pan even quicker. Finding the balance was the hard thing, and I think it was right at the time. I wouldn't go back in time and start investigating every single complaint of botting/cheating/corruption or else we would have thrown the towel in a long time ago.

And, let us not forget Psy did not found this place, nor did he create the majority of rules. The majority of them have all been in place since Phear ran this league - and I watched him receive exactly the same amount of shit from the community and other players and Psy received. And yet Phear wasn't corrupt in the slightest - but there are plenty of people in ION and Mi5 who said otherwise at the time.

Reactions: TuT
max_n00b said:
Is this one of the main reasons The UT2k4 league has been delayed? :shout:

If it's true, then :nono: Psy!
Indirectly yes. Relax and I have spent the last couple of weeks cleaning up some of these problems, when we could have been doing something more productive. The UT2004 league will get launched and be online, at some point. :]

well i never thought u were an idiot TuT fellah, but what will happen now to psy then?
besides that i dotn have any words for this, i mean that some1 could think of this....wtf psy :nono:

Reactions: SkullSquasher
Explains why the server crashed so much past months :shake:

And to the one responsible, why be so childish, it didnt work anyway! :cool:

pld adminteam :thumb:

MeetYourMaker said:
The post is only to make you aware of the problems that have been happening and the possible causes, its not to give you all the information as quite frankly you dont need to know it, what would you do with all the proof?

I would have a decent foundation to form my opinion on.
But as you said: "you dont need to know it, what would you do with all the proof?"

With all due respect I won't give this another thought. Case Closed.

JACKEL.RC said:
but what will happen now to psy then?
what will happen in his life I don't know, but I doubt that he will ever come back active to this place.
If you were asking what will happen to his person in this league, well, no further actions are taken atm than removing/deleting all his admin permissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.