AS-LavaFort][SE_preview

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Snuggs

Che, Mr. Obscure
Feb 20, 2002
on a giant weed tree
why the change?
cause imo rippershots are nice...but not 4 final objective :eyeroll:

changes so far:

- delay time of the start door 50% reduced
- asbestos suits added !!!
- moved sniper and ammo at start closer to attack spawn
- pulse and ammo at old sniper place
- sky is higher now....4 better launching
- new box in front of the castle wall (sniper cover 4 attack)
- 2nd "door" to lava cave added
- new bridge to a dead-end lava tunnel added
- bridge can be shot down..u can enter the bridge from lava..or ripper fuses from lava
- door to fuses is bigger
- fuses disable lava and entrance tele
- fuses activate 2nd attack spawn (not longer time-based)
- lift got 1 second delay now
- added new vent. tunnels..attack can enter them from low (and only attack can destroy the vents)
- added a 3rd fence part at final door
- final room door is bigger
- added a tele at final....so u can see urself in the end vid
- final is now touch!!!

AS-LavaFort][SE_preview

looks nice...
but..
can u edit more ammo for def on the wall? for rox and flak? :> and a bit more sniper ammo there around would be nice too.
why is the start for the lift so slow?2 or 3 secs till its starts ;<
but all in all a very nice map man! go on with this!
edit: and more ripper ammos pls for ripper def start hrhr ;>

ok just played it a bit and here my thoughts about the changes :

- delay time of the start door 50% reduced isnt 5secs a bit too low, I mean defenders need a chance to stop first wave or?
- asbestos suits added !!! nice
- moved sniper and ammo at start closer to attack spawn
- pulse and ammo at old sniper place
- sky is higher now....4 better launching also nice
- new box in front of the castle wall (sniper cover 4 attack) easier to hammerjump then
- 2nd "door" to lava cave added naja
- new bridge to a dead-end lava tunnel added good idea
- bridge can be shot down..u can enter the bridge from lava..or ripper fuses from lava yeah also nice but isnt it that u shouldnt reach the belt anymore without losing major hp loss? you can easily alt backhammer or if ure a very skilled bunnytrackfreak you can even jump to it ;P
- door to fuses is bigger didnt notice :P
- fuses disable lava and entrance tele very nice!
- fuses activate 2nd attack spawn (not longer time-based) and if defenders are just better and can hold fuses?
- lift got 1 second delay now hai snipers -.- ... makes normal route uncommon
- added new vent. tunnels..attack can enter them from low (and only attack can destroy the vents) is it me or are those vent uber fast? and is it me or are these vents like almost undefendable?
- added a 3rd fence part at final door
- final room door is bigger
- added a tele at final....will make problems like in autorip I think
- final is now touch!!!

- all in all a nice changes but defenders get no chance after fuses are destroyed and they will need a very good tactic to perform a full def (or just 6v5 cough some clans do it)
- attackers got too many routes with those vents, the one vent which leads to top is just a too easy route for the attackers. Attackers can launch, go normal way, go low, or go through vent(either low again or to top) so 4 routes to go.
-defenders can just spam at back and hope that theres is no html(also known as a lagger) or mc to end the map with 2 shieldbelts and 1 bodyarmor

so if u got fuses, it should take 30-60secs until the map is finished I think.

reduce maptime to 8mins?

I just played it and I like the changes for the most part. I think it will be impossible to get final now that it's touch if two or three guys are camping the final room.

First off I believe lava is almost perfect (only maybe a little too spammy at the start) so why bother changing it when so many maps out there could be really improved.

Lava is a very fun and tactical map, if you wanna turn it into DM by making the end touchable............. whatever floats ur boat but I strongly disagree with that suggestion, the tactical maps out there are already scarce.

let me also comment point by point...

- delay time of the start door 50% reduced ---- then defence cant rush if they want to steal the pads (a tactical point removed)
- asbestos suits added !!! --------- 11 suits, 550 armor, are you fucking kidding?, just replace the lava by water if u suck at dodging over it.
- moved sniper and ammo at start closer to attack spawn ---- why?... oh yeah most of the l33t players are snipe whores makes sense.... (I believe mini and rox is all u need to be able to break through the start spam)
- pulse and ammo at old sniper place (w/e shock>sniper anyway)
- sky is higher now....4 better launching (do you guys even know how to launch, thats another way to win current lavafort if u cba learning how to ripper properly, and launches ARE possible with the current roof if u have a minimum of skill)
- new box in front of the castle wall (sniper cover 4 attack) --- only nice thing i would like to see in reg lava
- 2nd "door" to lava cave added -------- not awfull idea but its not a big chokepoint anyway in reg lava
- new bridge to a dead-end lava tunnel added ------- prevent offence from quickly getting belt on offence after the new spawn....
- bridge can be shot down..u can enter the bridge from lava..or ripper fuses from lava ----- wow cool mover but i still object the belt being moved so unneccessary
- door to fuses is bigger ----- unneccessary
- fuses disable lava and entrance tele ------- it just cuts options for defence making the map even less tactical
- fuses activate 2nd attack spawn (not longer time-based) ----------- just means that fuse D will need to be increased..... prolly gonna end up full time D at first spawn....
- lift got 1 second delay now --------- why??? jsut so that if u fuckup and let 1 guy over the wall u have time to drop down and chase him b4 he goes past the lift??? cmon!
- added new vent. tunnels..attack can enter them from low (and only attack can destroy the vents) awfully unnecessary
- added a 3rd fence part at final door ------whatever
- final room door is bigger -------whatever
- added a tele at final....so u can see urself in the end vid ----------- wow pelvic thrusts fans
- final is now touch!!! -------- reduces the ripper option making the map far less tactical......

Last edited:
How does making the final touchable make the map less tactical? Surely it now means that more team-work is required to get someone to the final instead of just one person rippering (and possibly one covering)?

I played it once in practice mode.

Its good to try to make maps better that arent working in the current version. The map includes a few new ideas.

Without playing the map online I am unsure if it will be better. The ripper option at the final makes the original Lavafort famous and to fear in its own way if an attacker is able to break through.
There were other maps like Golgotha that lost books for example and are still very attractive.

The map was defendable in the current version. In the new Lavafort preview I am not sure if that will be possible.

Incase the new map will feel good in the game itself it should be used beside the original Lavafort as a new map.

How does making the final touchable make the map less tactical? Surely it now means that more team-work is required to get someone to the final instead of just one person rippering (and possibly one covering)?

With the delayed lift you wont need 2 ppl on the wall or past it, cuz if one gets over u can just suicide and get there in time to prevent the map from ending... which will mean more spam

in original lava if u have only 1 guy on the wall and either 1) he gets kill or 2) he misses a guy who jumps over OR plainly dont see him, the guy over the wall will have time to ripper and win the map either from the close side of final or far side of final b4 any defender get there...

so it removes a lot of options for offence........ getting over the wall is now almost pointless since defence will be able to suicide anyway and kill you in time...... unless ofc ur t3h sniper master and get 2 headshots or more....

with a MINIMUM OF PRACTICE u can do what i do.... when I get over the wall myself: i either try to jump on the lift without triggering fort entrance to basically cross the lift and ripper it from upclose if i have ripper or get in there fast with rockets.... If the guy(s) on the wall dont see me i try to sneak in and ripper from the far side of final.... some defenders at the end sometimes dont even see my rippers

and after 5 minutes, theres always the sniperless ripper that works 1 ripper on 100, its a very usefull option if you know it (and yes pretty much everyone in NA knows it and ive even seen it done by more then 1 euro in pugs and matches), and it makes lava possible to attack kinda easily after the new spawn is reached... after the new spawn is reached often the rippers will allow offence to win the map because there's pressure on the back defence and they wont be able to snipe the ripperers.....

if you remove that option its gonna force offence to either 1) learn rocketlaunches..... or 2) rush main / low

defence wont really need backdefenders that much since the rippers cant be done anymore and the lift is slower to react.... so that should increase the spam upfront.... :nono:

Last edited:
why the change?
cause imo rippershots are nice...but not 4 final objective :eyeroll:

My meaning is still the same if you cut that option you wont have that special attraction that the map supports and is unique for in its original version.

Why you did not add a similar not final objective in the map that might enable after it is shot by a rippershot a good feature for the attacker then?

Last edited:
Or leave the normal Lavafort final objective as it is and add a new end objective in the map that is easier to attack if the rippershot hit the original Lavafort objective.

Since that requires enough skill already. The rippershot element would be still possible and usefull then. The map time could be longer too then.

That would mean that it would add a new game feature the original Lavafort map did not show.

But since the thought would mean that the team with the succesfull rippershot will have the map solved soon anyway the original Lavafort map is still nearly perfect in that case too.

Last edited:
I played the map and I liked it. The only part I didnt like was the fact that you had to touch it. C'mon that rippering requires skill aswell and for once I agree with html. Dont make it into a dm lvl. we got plenty of those already....
Look, I dont know any rippers anymore, but I still like the fact that lavafort can be won with only 10 sec on the clock and noone knows where it came from. It add a extra tension to the lvl...dont waste that extra thouch by making it a AL version :/

I played it aswell, and I must say i agree with allmost everything html says, so i will make it short.

- Asbestos suits, delete them, you are not supposed to swim in lava and dive up KEGS.

- Vents, too fast, only attack can enter them (when they're not shot yet) and they're a much to easy walkthrough too the final since you can dodge in the final room from the highvent.

- extra box, could be usefull, but this one will make spam the only real option since minigun and sniper cant shoot around corners and shock & rox & rippers can.

- some teleports not working after fuses, annoying for defenders

Well, that were things i disliked the most, some position changes of weps were okish, but all in all i dont see a reason to change the current lavafort as it is. It is an almost perfect map, you can win it easily with rippers, but if you know all rippers, then it is just as easy to defend aswell. I don't really got any problems with it.

So IMO the old version is still the better one.