AS-LavaFort][SE_preview

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I've only been in the AS scene for a couple of months now, but I can safely say without doubt that lavafort is the least skilled of all the maps AS has to offer. It relies entirely on some cheap gimmick, and even then you can't really "do" that cheap gimmick until about 5 minutes in. Meanwhile both teams waste a piece of their lives firing anything they can into the same tedious hallway, then have the joyous task of having it done back to them.

Lets cut to the chase here html, the reason you don't want lava changed is because you know more ripper shots off by heart than most "euros" as you refer to us. The only reason you think its a "good" map is not because of its layout, flow or intuitive design, aesthetic beauty or great gameplay, its because it gives you a cheap'n'easy win. That is NOT a sign of a good map :x

So - lets hope the updated version improves on some things :r

While I haven't personally taken the time too look at this new version yet, I'm sure that with enough testing/tweaking it will be fine. From what I hear, however, it is a different map--different playstyles and the like. If people like it, then add it to the league; it's as simple as that.

Lavafort, however, isn't nearly as terrible as some people make it out to be. Sure it has spam, but so do other maps (Ballistic, Bridge, Desert, to name a few). Lavafort has a distinct style-- one that combines individual elements such as hammer jumping and rippering with team elements such as area control. Just because your style doesn't happen to fit the map doesn't mean it sucks.

As to ripper shots, if you can't be assed to learn them and someone else is, then there's no reason you should be winning anyways.

- delay time of the start door 50% reduced --- Why should it be reduced? it gives enough time for defenders to get position.
- asbestos suits added !!! --- most retarded idea ever. only for retards who cant walk normal and fall in lava everytime.
they can spam it easier now -_-'
- final is now touch!!! --- see above.

Then ofcourse the ripper. its a part of lavafort and UT.
this more shows me how lazy some people are to learn it.

and another.... instead stealing a map and try to improve it. make your own and get them into UTA / PUG

this map is just wrong, and a fuck up by the editer

p.s. i probaly wont respond anyway, found this via clan forums and posted of what i think of it after i fully tested it.

And you are?...

Imo its a pretty good map but dont give the lift a delay. Maybe you should take a look at the vents aswell, to many ways for the attckers;)

od^ you're way off.

The map can not be won by a cheap gimmick, a defender who isn't able to spot someone rippering is doing a bad job since all are visible, some a bit harder than others but still.

Lavafort is a pretty tactical map, most teams cant keep the spam up for more than 1-2 minutes and then you got to following problem, keeping 1-2 up wall and 1 at final with sniper, with the risk they'll get fuses and can push normal? or just 1 wall and rest securing fuses with the risk a jumper gets in and rippers or hammers/ripperjumps into final room.

It's tough to get a rippershot going against defenders who know them, believe me u aint gunna finish the map with ripper unless you kill me first. So imo ur opinion is flawwed, i suggest u open the search option and type "rippershots" open Hawks thread and take a look for a mere 10 second and u know where to expect 6-7 rippers comming from. (also, pick 1 u like most, prac it for 10 mins and voila ur able to ripper aswell, also goes for micro who cba, which is his problem btw :p:)

We played COH recently with KAN and we also played Lavafort, it was a nice and thrilling map expecially cause they DO know how to build up a nice attack and how to defend it.

For snuggs; this doesn't mean tho that changing maps is a bad thing to do, I'm not moaning at you cause i dislike the fact ur trying to make things more fun, tho i think the map is pretty nice and therefor dont think ur effort in this particular map is worth it, since for me there aint a lot to make it better. Keep mapping tho =)

hi sid :wave:

could you please verify my claim that

1) lavafort is definitely among the 10 most popular maps in #naat if not the 7 most popular maps

and

2) it is rarely defended till the new spawn is reached and when the new spawn is reached its never defended more then 60 seconds (with balenced teams)

A) Don't flame html even though PHP is obviously better. Just because he likes shit maps doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to his opinion... even if we know it's wrong :P

B) LOL html last time I played Lava on #naat I had Batt and Wolfy and SK and some other guys on my team and they had a full defense. Then Batt yelled at my because I got the armor once and then got fuses. evidently all armor on lavafort must be saved for batt :rofl:

A) Don't flame html even though PHP is obviously better. Just because he likes shit maps doesn't mean he doesn't have a right to his opinion... even if we know it's wrong :P

opinion .... wrong ...

last time i checked oppinions couldnt be wrong.

rookie mistake for such a "clever" guy

I like lavafort and I'm euro and I can't ripper since I switched to hidden weapon, HAI!

od^ you're way off.

The map can not be won by a cheap gimmick, a defender who isn't able to spot someone rippering is doing a bad job since all are visible, some a bit harder than others but still.

Lavafort is a pretty tactical map, most teams cant keep the spam up for more than 1-2 minutes and then you got to following problem, keeping 1-2 up wall and 1 at final with sniper, with the risk they'll get fuses and can push normal? or just 1 wall and rest securing fuses with the risk a jumper gets in and rippers or hammers/ripperjumps into final room.

It's tough to get a rippershot going against defenders who know them, believe me u aint gunna finish the map with ripper unless you kill me first. So imo ur opinion is flawwed, i suggest u open the search option and type "rippershots" open Hawks thread and take a look for a mere 10 second and u know where to expect 6-7 rippers comming from. (also, pick 1 u like most, prac it for 10 mins and voila ur able to ripper aswell, also goes for micro who cba, which is his problem btw :p:)

We played COH recently with KAN and we also played Lavafort, it was a nice and thrilling map expecially cause they DO know how to build up a nice attack and how to defend it.

For snuggs; this doesn't mean tho that changing maps is a bad thing to do, I'm not moaning at you cause i dislike the fact ur trying to make things more fun, tho i think the map is pretty nice and therefor dont think ur effort in this particular map is worth it, since for me there aint a lot to make it better. Keep mapping tho =)

no raft you can ripper it in 1 ripper , sometimes he can shoot it faster than u can see him to hs him , i like the new version allot che nice one mate

Last edited:
no raft you can ripper it in 1 ripper , sometimes he can shoot it faster than u can see him to hs him , i like the new version allot che nice one mate

1) very few rippers require only 1 ripper, actually only 1 that I know of do so and its pretty much in the open

2) unless you suck at defending (aka dont even know where rippershots can be made from) it is IMPOSSIBLE that someone can start firing rippers before you see them unless they practiced the rippers sniperless which is near impossible and most of the time innefective. So just learn to D :p:

yes and I know a ripperdhot which needs only 1 single ripper where nobody expects it to finish the map so if u dont snipe me, its ended and u dunno even if it was the ripper which ended the game aka uber lame but it won me some 2v2s. I never did that rippershot in any pugs because i dont want others to know it by a "public" match.

Ballistic has plenty of spam:
- minigun outside gate
yeah with leagueAStiw and dutch 20 pingers ;)
oh and its only a small part of the map, whereas lavafort is only spam in all areas

od^ you're way off.
(also, pick 1 u like most, prac it for 10 mins and voila ur able to ripper aswell, also goes for micro who cba, which is his problem btw :p:)
yeah sure if someone shows you the aim and where to stand or gives you sshots. All rippers i know I learned em on my own some years ago which needed 20-40min each rippershot.

od^ you're way off.

Well actually I know where all the rippers are that come from the forums, and can do about 2 (dodgily), of course when i'm defending though, i tend not to bother about that for 5 minutes because i'm spamming a doorway with shock and racking up rampages without really doing anything. Then when i run out of shock I get out the ripper for the dominating. Its considerably less fun than it sounds isn't it :f

p.s in pugs I cannot remember the first or last time i saw a team who had one guy defending high stopping the hammerjumps fail to reach the 5 minute mark. It just isn't a skill spamming the SAME ENTRANCE all game for gods' sake ;/ (It is however the most effective "tactic" in lavafort)

basically html the whole thing i enjoy about assault as a whole is u need great teamwork or a piece of individual skill to win a map , and rippering a final objective from a large distance away isnt part of this imo , any noob can do it lol

basically html the whole thing i enjoy about assault as a whole is u need great teamwork or a piece of individual skill to win a map , and rippering a final objective from a large distance away isnt part of this imo , any noob can do it lol

how many rippers can u do?