AS-LavaFort][SE_preview

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

this gonna end up like ur riverbedAL 'changed' map?
can't change a shit map im afraid

This is completely a new map, so the only reasonable thing imo would be to add this along side the old one if ppl like it. To not mention all the other big changes, just making the final object touch only completely makes this a new map, case in point, oceanfloor and al version.
As html said, the only problem with lava now is the spam at start, so a change there is the only thing needed, otherwise dont' waste effort and see if the new map is worth adding.

I wonder why people say lavafort is a "almost perfect" map when it is the 16th popular map out of all 24 leagueAS maps.
the fact that ripering needs skill... well it doesnt need skill, just a little practise and of course you just shouldnt forget where to stand and aim. I personally knew up to 7 different rippershots and also could do them 95% of the times and now I only can do 1 single rippershot 95% of all times I try to do it. And no, I cba to relearn them.

and html u want AS-WaterFort][ ? :lol:

changed for the better

you can seriously fuckoff with your missquotes

and html u want AS-WaterFort][ ? :lol:

no i was just pointing the ridiculousness of having 11 asbestos suits ......

and for the record, I know this isn't #naat, but in #naat it is i daresay amongst the 7 most popular maps and it is picked in the majority of pugs.... why?, prolly cuz we enjoy the spam and the tacticality of the map, we know how to defend it and assault it.... yet even while knowing how to defend it, less then 30% of the time is the new spawn reached, and im sure that with good teams on, i've never seen lavafort held more then 60 seconds after the new spawn was reached....

Yah.. afaik the only good thing ever coming out of #naat is Dungeons... LavaFort][ just isn't a good map.

Lavafort][SE is alright. It's a nice change, but it's a completely different map. I think the ripper trick is what makes lavafort lavafort (and the spam... and the lamers who like to play lavafort). Asbestos suits are definitely too much and if you're going to reduce spam it's probably best to make a 2nd entrance at the start to reduce spam.

The 5 second fuse isn't a problem, defense can still get there in time. If you make a 2nd entrance, give 7 or 8 seconds.

The 1 second lift just encourages people to use the air lifts and that's pretty cheap I think.

The air lifts are a bit too convenient but I think since the final objective is touch it shouldn't be a major problem. I think instead of the air lifts it would be cooler to have an entrance from the lava cave open after you blow the fuses.

Make the second spawn open on minute after the fuses are destroyed, that way the defense can have time to regroup without 6 guys coming through the doors as soon as they open. The advantage is unfair in the attackers favor as it is on SE.

Don't have the teleporters disable immediately. Make a switch somewhere which can be somewhat easily defended but somewhat easily attacked which disables the teleporters for a given period of time, i.e. 30 seconds. I'd suggest putting the switches right down behind where the portal is. If you can, make sure the attackers can't disable the portals until at least 20 seconds after the portal being reactivated.

Yah.. afaik the only good thing ever coming out of #naat is Dungeons... LavaFort][ just isn't a good map.

I think the ripper trick is what makes lavafort lavafort (and the spam... and the lamers who like to play lavafort).

<infuriated>
:mad:
"Only good thing ever coming out of #naat" hahahahahaha! well obviously u weren't a part of #naat seeing your skill level :shout: You obviously know very little about #naat and the maps we have... and the gameplay we have......

"and the spam... and the lamers who like to play lavafort"

hey NOOB, obviously you're not only a reverse noob, but if you haven't noticed lavafort][ is a custom map and its been in UTA for a looooooong time...... so according to you NOOB everyone who currently likes to play Lavafort][, and virtually every person who played it in the past, which lead to the map being incorporated in UTA, is a lamer.......... better watch who ur flaming NOOB.......

and the spam.......... lavafort][ is far from being the spammiest map....... you can actually bypass the spam.
When you defend you can either have 1 or 2 at the back/wall, if you have 4 spamming you sacrifice spam for security, if u have 5 spamming u risk to lose the map but u get more spam.....
conversely on maps like astheno and rook the whole team spams so theres no tactics at all involved for defence, and very limited options for offence (even rook launch is a single tactic that is easily disruptible)........... so NOOB before you call ppl lamers for liking to play a map please consider the FACT that GOOD PLAYERS can actually ASSAULT THE MAP.... if youre TOO NOOB to do that then keep the fuck off the big persons threads mmmmmmmkay NOOB
</infuriated>

Disclaimer: NOOB was only refering to smantie and not any clan. :rolleyes:

oh and im also not saying every good player knows how to defend the current map properly

rofljh7.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Tbh i simply think (so IMO) LavaFort is a crap map, its not very Assault-like to me.

but nice try of Snuggs gj. ;)

and dont flame me html :rofl:

<infuriated>
"Only good thing ever coming out of #naat" hahahahahaha! well obviously u weren't a part of #naat seeing your skill level :shout: You obviously know very little about #naat and the maps we have... and the gameplay we have......

Good job HTML! I bet you feel real good about yourself now.

Obviously you must be right about everything:rofl: #naat has the best gameplay ever, especially because [box] clan pretty much inhabits it along with a couple {CoH} NA's. Brilliant.:rofl: :rofl: soz, edit my original post to say "the best thing to come out of #naat is batt"

Obviously I must be a noob because I don't like Lavafort, so soz. Next time read posts plz, I don't think I called you a lamer.. in fact I know I didn't. I called the teams who send 6 to spam lamers. I called the players who ripper 5v3 when they could take it low and be more fair lamers. Lavafort simply isn't a very good assault map

seeing your skill level
lmao I've played since February and I don't sit in pugs playing every day so gg, I never claimed to be div1 but I know a bad map when I play one.:calm:

lavafort][ is a custom map and its been in UTA for a looooooong time...... so according to you NOOB everyone who currently likes to play Lavafort][, and virtually every person who played it in the past, which lead to the map being incorporated in UTA
:rofl: didn't you just complain about Wish putting words in your mouth? :rofl: GuardiaAL is also a custom league map... and it's been played once since July. Just because GuardiaAL is better than Guardia doesn't mean it's good. Just because Lavafort][ is better than Lavafort| doesn't mean it's good. I never said Lavafort ought to be deleted or anything and you ought to try and not overreact and flame like a total dick for no reason and embrace people's attempts to improve maps. Provide some constructive criticism and try and make the map better. If you like Lavafort][ that's fine, but you shouldn't try and hinder a possibility for lavafort]|[.

gay

- delay time of the start door 50% reduced --- Why should it be reduced? it gives enough time for defenders to get position.
- asbestos suits added !!! --- most retarded idea ever. only for retards who cant walk normal and fall in lava everytime.
- moved sniper and ammo at start closer to attack spawn --- whatever
- pulse and ammo at old sniper place --- whatever
- sky is higher now....4 better launching --- like thats needed because? i have seen plenty launches that can be done in normal lavafort.
- new box in front of the castle wall (sniper cover 4 attack) --- in my eyes more for the retards who cant hammer jump and miss everytime by 1 inch. i hadrly been snipered at the entrace of that, more spam, wich still can be used.
- 2nd "door" to lava cave added --- sigh... why would that be needed? its good enough with 1 door.
- new bridge to a dead-end lava tunnel added --- that can be ok, but not needed.
- bridge can be shot down..u can enter the bridge from lava..or ripper fuses from lava --- ok... whatever, lava isnt ment to be swimming in.
- door to fuses is bigger --- havent noticed
- fuses disable lava and entrance tele --- why should we want that. defence still should be able to defence quick to front.
- fuses activate 2nd attack spawn (not longer time-based) --- for the lazy people yay. is it that hard to walk that couple of yards? the spawn is ment for if attack isnt capable to do there job (and spawn is needed) not to make it even easier for the right away.
- lift got 1 second delay now --- hooray.... they can spam it easier now -_-'
- added new vent. tunnels..attack can enter them from low (and only attack can destroy the vents) --- did i say retarded idea of the suits? this almost match them. its more lazy to even walk it. maybe would be a good idea, if it didnt ruin it for defence.
- added a 3rd fence part at final door --- whatever
- final room door is bigger --- for the fat people?
- added a tele at final....so u can see urself in the end vid --- this is needed because? didnt u needed to touch it anyway?
- final is now touch!!! --- see above.

Then ofcourse the ripper. its a part of lavafort and UT.
this more shows me how lazy some people are to learn it.

and another.... instead stealing a map and try to improve it. make your own and get them into UTA / PUG

this map is just wrong, and a fuck up by the editer

p.s. i probaly wont respond anyway, found this via clan forums and posted of what i think of it after i fully tested it.

Just test it and play it, I dno how often i pld some other wierd maps aka siege3 cause html insisted as captain to play it so I dont see a prob if we play lava2 several times and see how it works out.

Just test it and play it, I dno how often i pld some other wierd maps aka siege3 cause html insisted as captain to play it so I dont see a prob if we play lava2 several times and see how it works out.

1) I always gave ppl time to captain up if they didn't want to play siege3 so your statement is false. But I DID pick it EVERYTIME I captained, that I agree.

2) At least siege3 wasnt a pathetic remake ruining a good map, aka it wasnt siege 2 with like an airlift that brings u from the groundfloor to the roof of the tower

2) At least siege3 wasnt a pathetic remake ruining a good map, aka it wasnt siege 2 with like an airlift that brings u from the groundfloor to the roof of the tower

dear html, launching is part of ASSAULT whereas rippershots arent. nugh sed goodbye.

hi there

What about #naat? *Cough* hi 140 ping prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt :mingun: dead :bawling:
Oh rite AS is not about kills it's about feigndeath und being like a ninja go stealth init ! (and Fireball-Crit for like 4k dmg *Cough* wow-mankeys)

Major dun like lavafort cuz the spammy, people dun have 6 sheets on their desk for rippers.
Why No Offence Spoqster und HTML my mate!? Cuz {CoH} prolly only clan in league pick this map :)
I dun bother to lose 1 map tbh :P
According to UT stats(AS-Lavafort][ 2968 23.27 0.99 9211:42)

I dun say the changes are really good orso! I like lavafort sumtimes just like spammosphere ! :rolleyes:
The changes makes it a totally different map, I fink it's funny to play it except the suits and that bloody useless bridge!
It's not reall Lavafort tho!
I agree in sum point with those RIPPER MASTERS (aka having-6-sheets-mankeys-on-my-puta-desk-for-lavafort-rippershot-onry)
Without rippers it can't be called lavafort in my opinion !

Rename it to AsthenosFort ! I fink that fits well :D

And btw give credit to people putting effort to change maps, it takes time even if it's shit. Since the most people cba to do it!

1) I always gave ppl time to captain up if they didn't want to play siege3 so your statement is false. But I DID pick it EVERYTIME I captained, that I agree.

No wonder why people like u so much :( html capt: siege3, lavafort :( Major dun liek it still pick it !
*Cough* I luv Tydium do I pick it everytime I capt?
There is sumthing called fink for the majority usless it doesn't fit into ur brains ! Or aka HI-NON-EURO-STANDARDS!
PS: Edit Tydium!!!!! I luv teh catapult!!!!!

Last edited:
Major dun like lavafort cuz the spammy, people dun have 6 sheets on their desk for rippers.

No wonder why people like u so much :( html capt: siege3, lavafort :( Major dun liek it still pick it !
*Cough* I luv Tydium do I pick it everytime I capt?
There is sumthing called fink for the majority usless it doesn't fit into ur brains ! Or aka HI-NON-EURO-STANDARDS!
PS: Edit Tydium!!!!! I luv teh catapult!!!!!

1) For the record I only had 1 ripper sheet with only to top left and low left rippers on it and I don't use it anymore...
the quality of a good ripper is it having a visual cue how to aim it, like a crack on the wall or "hugging a post" stuff like that, so that basically you can't forget..... its not different from a launch (be it hammer or rocket), gotta remember where to stand and where to aim, rippers are just a little more sensitive then most launches

2) Indeed you don't pick Tydium, but a) Tydium is currently rigged and INDEED could use some fixing and possibly become a decent map. (aka once more why try to modify lava?) b) If you said : "Im gonna captain in 20 seconds and pick tydium, I know I would captain b4 u do....

<infuriated>

just to point out, coh is the most succesful NA clan and a large majority of genuine/original coh members disassociate themselves from #naat.

Apart from NAS once, pretty much all NA clans have failed miserably and resorted to cheating, kk thnx :sofa

IMO some of u are like politicans
u want to discuss everything to death....

Only a test on pug or publics will show the playability !

guys...it´s a preview ---> means testmap !

but i want to catch up a few things:

- the asbestos can be set with 0 armour... so STFU html
- ammo and weapons can still be added or deleted
- vents need a fix..i know that
- msg´s need a fix
- etc.

thx 4 the feedback so far :)

and to the moaners :

at least ....i try to keep things moved...to bring fresh wind into this dusty league :|

at least ....i try to keep things moved...to bring fresh wind into this dusty league :|

Ye Amen to that.

I'm gonna repost my original feedback in hopes that it'll be helpful and since I think it got lost in html's anti-smant rant ;) O well PHP > Html anyways :P :D

The 5 second fuse isn't a problem, defense can still get there in time. If you make a 2nd entrance, give 7 or 8 seconds.

The 1 second lift just encourages people to use the air lifts and that's pretty cheap I think.

The air lifts are a bit too convenient but I think since the final objective is touch it shouldn't be a major problem. I think instead of the air lifts it would be cooler to have an entrance from the lava cave open after you blow the fuses.

Make the second spawn open on minute after the fuses are destroyed, that way the defense can have time to regroup without 6 guys coming through the doors as soon as they open. The advantage is unfair in the attackers favor as it is on SE.

Don't have the teleporters disable immediately. Make a switch somewhere which can be somewhat easily defended but somewhat easily attacked which disables the teleporters for a given period of time, i.e. 30 seconds. I'd suggest putting the switches right down behind where the portal is. If you can, make sure the attackers can't disable the portals until at least 20 seconds after the portal being reactivated.