Speed Run Revived

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Mazon 20, Desolate 112, and Gladiator 206 vids!
(oh and I'll replace the deso113 dem with the new/working 112)

Don't have a clue how UT works internally, but it's timing does seem rather inconsistent... (Timo mentioned this in the 2p thread) sometimes you'd see 10:00 for a full second at the start of a map, while sometimes it'll be 9:59 almost instantly. I'm not sure if this is just a display thing or if there really is a difference?

Deso2.... well I used 2 more tricks on it (compared to konnan's since all u other guys dont upload any vid/dem!)... so you tell me where his speed comes from :(
Bridge I used a different place to do the first hammerjump... and mine was a high 42, while konnan's was aweful close to 41 (I noticed only 1 frogjump in his btw?)

ps. It shouldn't be that hard to go your offline dem-recording working... (hey it worked on a fresh install didnt it?) worst case u need to make 2 versions, one for online and one for offline recording (not sure if 'flush' matters btw, but getting rid of unneeded ram allocations makes sense to me... )
UT.ini:
Code:
DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
user.ini:
Code:
Aliases[26]=(Command="reconnect | onrelease demorec newest",Alias=recorder)
F6=stopdemo | flush | recorder

Desolate it won't let me watch, says it's a private video.

Bridge had 3x frog jumps. At start he frog jumps off the level where the canon is at main gate and then once again as he lands to boots. He also frog jumps several times inside the charges.

I am confirming Gladiator and Mazon, I will wait for a viewing of Desolate.

Err deso vid fixed ...
how about subbase then? :P
can we see others' runs to verify as well then? :rolleyes:

WaterFort_beta2 in 1:07

Attachments

• Shot0086.jpg
    Shot0086.jpg
    709 KB · Views: 24
Datel, I did say near to the start that cross-referencing would happen if times started getting fast. At the moment you are equalling and in some cases beating Konnan's records. He did his with frog jumps, so to verify records that are equalling his I will need demo/avi's to confirm them.

Desolate is confirmed. Nice trick at Low G room :)

Subbase also confirmed, didn't see that as I was too concerned with Deso/Mazon.

Nice one though :)

[14:26] <Torp> od
[14:26] <Torp> go get hellraiser rec
[14:26] <Torp> :P
[14:26] <Torp> its vacant atm
[14:26] <od^> hmmm
[14:26] <od^> omw ;P

atm i have only one good trick on this map, and there's shedloads of time that can be shaved off this first attempt (bad choices of hammerjumps in final section). For now it'll do and if someone else pushes me i'll do a proper fluent run lol.

not sure why... but this (HellRaiserNE_prev ?) is the only map UT crashes when i try to record something :x even with everything default (delete all ini's and restart UT) :/

oh it (recording) didnt work on regular AS either :/
anyhow... HellRaiser (NE) in 1:34

Attachments

• Shot0148.jpg
    Shot0148.jpg
    676.6 KB · Views: 22
It would be nice to see some other guys attempting some records. Datel has shown some quite good tricks to get his times and tbh could possibly give some people a few ideas. See Golg and Deso.

Either way, there are still, I would say, not far from 10 maps that could be taken, especially the 1's towards the bottom of the list.

COME ON GUYS!!

Hellraiser 1:33 and still it was a botched run :P

p.s GO AWAY DATEL, DONT YOU HAVE WORK TO DO :(

Attachments

• Shot0021.JPG
    Shot0021.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:
Harder better faster odder with a rippershot xD

Attachments

• Shot0022.JPG
    Shot0022.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
cool ^od^ :D
are you using hellraiserNE or NE2 (which has boots)?

ps improving another one atm :P not saying which1 until i do :cool:
and dont think i can do astenos... my previous attempts were very poor :/

I don't believe NE2 was ever on Pug so it is regular NE version.

If someone fancies buzzing Timo to help with the hotlinks, that would be great :D

:hammer: Siege][ (Siege2) in 0:25

Attachments

• Shot0157.jpg
    Shot0157.jpg
    679.2 KB · Views: 19
  • siege2_25.rar
    63.5 KB · Views: 21