Speed Run Revived

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I haven't added this as of yet Hellow because I am not entirely sure if Che has competed all versions.

Anyhow, read the rules again for submission. You break a number of them :P

Rook in 27 seconds :cool:
Vid + Dem soon

edit: i like need-a-lot-of-luck maps :D

Attachments

• rook27.png
    rook27.png
    961.8 KB · Views: 359
Hmmm, again I will have to just take your word for it that your UT speed hasn't been changed :|

Nice job anyway, updated.

ALSO NEW MAP ADDED - WATERFORT

inspiresxmascard.gif

i got a new record too

Hmmm, again I will have to just take your word for it that your UT speed hasn't been changed :|

Nice job anyway, updated.

ALSO NEW MAP ADDED - WATERFORT

This is why I tend to provide dem files? (or is it still possible to cheat with those? :X)

Cool, new map to go for :) (still some others on my list though :D)

Nah Datel, I'm not saying you are cheating :P just that maybe your game speed is somehow faster. Judging by your demo's of most maps there doesn't seem to be anything special that you do that others don't. Take bridge for example. A number of people had almost identical runs to your 42 second record and only managed 45-47. Either you are very bloody fast at dodging and moves or the gamespeed is maybe 120% :P

Nice job on rook though, took me an hour to break 29, it took useless ages to GET 29 and I don't think anyone matched the 28 haha. I look forward to the demo to see how you did it! As I rippered the chains whilst the door was coming up!

edit: Well tbh I spend much more than 1h on each run... and yeah in the beginning you/I'd get much slower times, like in your example

Here's the dem and youtube :) (watch in HD version btw, or run the demo yourself ofc)

Attachments

• rook27.rar
    64.1 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Datel, please watch the following video (your solo run on Saqqara) closely at 1:12. You did an hammerjump from the pads in the direction of the final cave. You end up with 7hp. At 1:14 you pick up one healthpack and your hp goes up to 47. Am I missing something (I guess I could) or is 40 hp for one healthpack a little weird? Does that particular healthpack give +40?

There's 2 healthpacks in exactly the same spot there :cool: (open UnrealED and you can check this yourself :))

Thanks for watching :) makes me think maybe i can try to improve that1 :D

edit: oh hey that made me realize that the time on page 1 is displayed incorrectly for Saqqara :P (1:17 instead of 1:15)

Last edited:
It is a basic run really, maximising all the dodges and hammer jumps at right places where it gets me an advantage. I do one hammer jump though that gains me 2 seconds after Siege tower. Up to to work out where :P I can't demo offline :S

Merry Xmas though and keep reccing! :D

I'm trying golgotha :) found something that might be your trick :P
riverbed3 i dont really like as a map
never tried waterfort (on speed) yet :D

edit: hmm nah doesnt seem very plausible :P

Last edited:
I was wrong :cool:
GolgothaAL 1:31
probably with the same trick

edit: dem + vid (watch HD though!)

Attachments

• golgothaAL131.jpg