Speed Run Revived

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I know for a fact AutoRIP can be beaten, but it relies on the cannon blocker being down when you go through. Only happens once in a blue moon but that's how to beat it - keep trying :P Not that I cba.

Wow thanks for the tip. I think today the moon is blue! :D
but serously... open the map in UED and you'll see a big trigger to lower the testroom block-thingy... and you can hammerjump over it

AutoRIP in 0:26

I know it looks way cooler to go through the testroom if you need to take out the two guns and hope the two others don't kill you..... but this is faster :/

Attachments

• autorip26.rar
    553.1 KB · Views: 41
  • Shot0044.jpg
    Shot0044.jpg
    421.4 KB · Views: 32
from the video and from logic, i'd say in the middle of the rails.
(ah sorry! i forgot... "Useless, logic, ..." :D ;) )

lemme see, if i can get UEd open :D
there it is
http://imgur.com/WtYFc.png
was the 2nd or 3rd time i opened it tho! so i wasn't able to show the actual size or shape of the trigger. but i expanded the properties for you to be able to learn them by heart and to teach {24} to perform a hammerjump over this baby after every respawn in every match :D

maybe if mushroomhead gets it perfect he can rejoin?

Fascinating. I remember years ago 24 played 23 in a match (pro or std) and m1c abused the then unfixed Attackers Entered The Warehouse bug, the message which didn't trigger if you went through the very right hand side of the high door (before Despatch). We asked Psy (who was an admin then) if we could do anything about it and he said no, not without demos (which we didn't have). Then he said, cryptically, 'there's also another very interesting thing about AutoRIP which people could abuse. I just hope no-one ever finds it'. And all these years later it crops up :P Now every bugger will be doing it in 2v2s :rolleyes:

nooo do you really think one can afford that HJ every time??
and btw either my LeagueAS here is super intelligent or that HJ has to be pretty spot on. cause out of three times i tried the shield was always up :D

anyway! good fight. good night.

:wave:

No this flaw in the map will never be useful in a match... because there's *very* little room for error on that jump
Even if 6 attackers all tried it with proper preparation (align oneself + get hammer angle ready) then maybe 2 make it through, and the rest will trigger it.
The problem is that you need to get enough height to first get above the trigger, then you cannot do it too high because you'll bounce off the ceiling and hit the trigger... but you cannot do it too low either because if you hit the horizontal beam there, you'll drop down and still hit it
I think the most consistent way to do it is to land in the corner against the power cable (which ofc is not the fastest)

A new LAS release may fix it by simply placing the trigger a bit higher, but really it doesn't matter for anything besides this 1 player setup (I think even defenders can trigger that?)

No this flaw in the map will never be useful in a match... because there's *very* little room for error on that jump
Even if 6 attackers all tried it with proper preparation (align oneself + get hammer angle ready) then maybe 2 make it through, and the rest will trigger it.
The problem is that you need to get enough height to first get above the trigger, then you cannot do it too high because you'll bounce off the ceiling and hit the trigger... but you cannot do it too low either because if you hit the horizontal beam there, you'll drop down and still hit it
I think the most consistent way to do it is to land in the corner against the power cable (which ofc is not the fastest)

A new LAS release may fix it by simply placing the trigger a bit higher, but really it doesn't matter for anything besides this 1 player setup (I think even defenders can trigger that?)

It's a normal trigger (not a teamtrigger) so yes, defenders can trigger it too, it can also only be triggered once.

then i think its cool as it is :D
fun for datel to play around with for a great speedrun but can't really be "ab"used. that's what i hoped.

i tried that, but it didn't work for me offline.
do you have to face that wall, too?

i'm used not to do that. when i hug a girl, i always do it with my back in order to be able to simultaneously look for the next one.

ha.. ha :|

never knew about that trigger, pretty useless in wars though doubt a whole team could hammerjump over the trigger and not die before getting to test room unless the defenders are very shit ! lol

So if we just hang around the start spawn there's no danger of ever being hit by the train?

/me rewrites tacs

But if this is true how come the train arrives about 35 seconds into the map even if you don't leave the spawn?

The train won't appear until the trigger is hit. It's the 'start' trigger for the movers in the map. But nice thought :P

Nah that's another trigger, the train still appears in my dem...
The trigger for the train is in the spawn area :P (about 4 spawns will instantly trigger it)
I tried to look for strats using the train.... but no point waiting 40s for it :/ (and this1 wont trigger in spec mode :lol:)