request for you l33T mappers

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Japster said:
I once said doom3 will be out b4 u finish your map, still think its true :D

lol in a way its out... well... its gettable... bit buggy tho

the games really good if u like big scary games

/me needs a new seat

A mate of mine is working on a map that is quite alot like ballistic, i think Ballistic][AL would suite the map perfectly:), i will get him to post with some links for the map

Balli2 whiee..

I'm busy on a map, it's kinda like ballistic.. I dont know if i can call it ballistic2, because i think only the founder of ballistic1 can make a sequil. I dont have a name yet, maybe you guys can thikn of one.

You can check the concept (it's still in 2 pieces) map on the download section on the Predator Clanpage.

Greetz,

Cyp.

looks like fun walked trough the map and took some notes.

1st outside area is like HUGE ye can walk from 1 way to the other if ye use the highest parts of that area
1st def spawn point is like a maze to me but a really short one
terminals are like BIG
infact most of the rooms are to big
when entering the base it looks nice
but after that it isnt very logical

some bad points but it was fun hope ye can make it better

Yoo..

Aah, cool.. notes :)

1st outside area is HUGE = That was the idea, so people can hammerjump on it
1st def spawn is a maze = Must change that..
terminals are like BIG = Big door means big terminal ;)
infact most of the rooms are to big = I though u all wanted big rooms ? :S
when entering the base it looks nice = Thnx
but after that it isnt very logical = :(, i think it logical :P hehe..

Maybe you have to learn and praccy the map more, then it will seem more logical. (you can launch true the holes above the first moving doors inside, and hammer jump to end.. you'll see what i mean..)..

Thnx for comments, i'll take a look at it.

Gr,
Cyp.

Last edited:
I like it a lot Cypress.
Its not too big, neither are the rooms, maybe add sum more decorations still.
Texturing and lighting seems also good :thumb:

CypresS said:
I'm busy on a map, it's kinda like ballistic.. I dont know if i can call it ballistic2, because i think only the founder of ballistic1 can make a sequil. I dont have a name yet, maybe you guys can thikn of one.

You can check the concept (it's still in 2 pieces) map on the download section on the Predator Clanpage.

Greetz,

Cyp.

make a new thread

k,Here goes. Though of something like this sobo.
P.S don't laugh at my paintbrush skills or i'll stab you with a stuffed cat :P
First part is something like an overlord beginning/ohama beach start in ut video.
2.nd Part(not skecthed) Running up behind the gate after f.ex blowing up towers and foxholes also takes the gates with them. After running a hill you have to disable a radar.(or any other objectives of course)
3.rd Part. A fort which has high towers(thinking almost golgo style, but not as much goth/medievallike)
Here's the final objective.Which is also upto the creator.
Let the :spockfla: begin :P ;)

Attachments

• gah1.bmp
    40.1 KB · Views: 129
nono, more like a ballistic style map combined with a beach. Not as dark textures on overlord also

CypresS said:
Aah, cool.. notes :)

Maybe you have to learn and praccy the map more, then it will seem more logical. (you can launch true the holes above the first moving doors inside, and hammer jump to end.. you'll see what i mean..)..

yes ive used that method :P but y are the vials on top a wall bit behind it?

run to the map with ista because i coudn't come out the first room without insta :o (walked to it as defender with std weapons aswell tho)

first room is basic, (and still dark) just a good beginroom, only i don't see the use of a flying thighpad :S, i also suggest to put another weapon in there, and i would say pulsegun or maybe ripper

outside area looks kinda cool, some fps probs with my head turned to the base tho, i also like your ramp (at mountain) that you can dodge your way up, its only too simple imo, make the ramp a bit lower to make it a bit harder (or a secondary hammer or summon) like in overlord...

nice to see that you made the riverside a bit higher, to prevent defenders to rush up to much.. i noticed also that there is a shield armor in the "rivercave" i would say to put a shield belt in here, (nobody is going to run that fast for a shield armor i think, shield belt would force more people to run that part...

entrance is indeed huge, you don't need a very good hammerlauncher to launch sombody init, and as we all know, flying people are more hard then walking ones... maybe you can make sort as a garagedoor that will be half open, so that people have to walk tru it

inside fps is good again, i really like the boots idea, you can exactly use the 3 jumps to reach the end (of the first part.) class :thumb:

terminals are okayish imo, i only know them from some other map ;)

i disagree with sx about the last part, it really like it, also a good thought about it, i will explain why..

defenders (who start in the lets say "cage") have to climb up and try to defend from there, they either have 2 choices, or stay here, and prevent launchers from launch tru the defender area, or fall down to hit more people but with a greater chance that people will hammer up...

offcourse attackers will always meet some defenders in that "cage" its really nice tactical feature imo

i only suggest defenders get a shortcut to the last room (only for def.) to get some more organizized def..

about the seccond part.. nothing, to say, don't understand a fuck of the idea i will when it's further on

btw. i think you should make it a bit harder for the attackers, and maybe put another small outside area at the end or summon :drummer:

really like the map and maybe here some names for ya (because i wouldn't call it ballistic][ or summon)

AS-Damnation ;) (verdoemnis)
AS-Toxicbase (add some more bioludge and rifle's in the map then)
AS-Depravation or AS-Deterioration (verloedering)

but maybe also somthing like this (with a nice concept with it)
AS-Betrayal (veraad)
AS-Desertion (desertie)

dunno if you like them, just some sugestions :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: sobo