• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psychotic said:
.... don't you realize that rep. whoring is in some way 'cheating' in the rep. system?
Yes, after reading what rep actually does afterall. Though it is just a positive reputation that awards this. Then i wouldn't call it 'cheating' if getting additional reputation points whilst already having 100 points, without calling for aid of rep whoring.

to bart and everyone who thinks like he does:

there's a reason why it is called "reputation" (german: ruf) and not "funny green and red dots". it's supposed to show if someone's posts are generally usefull or not. i don't mind if i had -1000 and others had 1000, but when it is related to noticable advantages or disadvantages, then it should be used properly.

reputation system is same as communism, the idea is great just too bad it doesn't work :crap:

Last edited:
I must congratulate you PeaceMaker and zombie, you had me laughin so good there I really cant pull myself together again to try and start a reasonable discussion with you about this :lol:
but tbh the comment about the admin position was the best Ive heard in a long time - uuuuh Im the big bad admin, I can use my mighty leagueadmin powers to make you stop saying oh so bad stuff to me on a website outside of the league-site, yeah right :lol:

anyway, next time you post a reply like this, please give me a note so we can join on some VoiceComm prog, its too good to just write it lol

Reactions: Nina
Humph said:
That's weird cuz I had -57 last week and could still post.....

Also I give / receive approval and end up giving/receiving negative points.
amazing that I can get negative rep points for posting nothing that isnt/wasn't true :lol:

Bossk said:
reputation system is same as communism, the idea is great just too bad it doesn't work :crap:
very much what i think. ^^

tbh: i'd like to see the rep points go.
then -> "report bad post" would be enough to let admins know about the real dumb postings. they could then "punish" users accordingly.

also no1 would whore that system (obviously; as you should state a reason for reporting a bad post).

this would be the best compromise between security/fairness and free speech/commenting on others.

edit: martz can you tell me the avatar-limitations before and after promotion?

Last edited:
Don't cry over fuck all then..

Oh boohoo there's a dangerous group been formed giving each other rep points for no apparent advantage other than it made em smile for a day or two, call the forum police.

IIris said:

Oh boohoo there's a dangerous group been formed giving each other rep points for no apparent advantage other than it made em smile for a day or two, call the forum police.

:lol::thumb:

Hardcore said:
edit: martz can you tell me the avatar-limitations before and after promotion?

Normal (all) users: (registered)
Attachment space: 5000000 bytes max
Avatar upload size: 65535 bytes max
Private Message capacity: 100 private messages max

Veteran users
Attachment space: 20971520 bytes max
Profile picture allowed: yes
Profile pictire uploadsize: 153600 bytes max
Profile picture dimensions: 640x640 max
Private message cap: 300 max

So actually I was wrong - the avatar allowance for a veteran user doesn't increase. But a few other things do.

For forum donators, they can use increased avatar sizes and also have unlimited attachments and private messages.

Note: the veteran user system has been inplace for about 6 months, well before "reputation" was even invented.

IIris said:

Forum police? HA! Dont make me laugh.. its way out of their league, its more for the Forum FBI :P

Reactions: Bart
Humph said:
amazing that I can get negative rep points for posting nothing that isnt/wasn't true :lol:
amazing that I can get negative rep points for posting nothing that isnt/wasn't true AGAIN.

IMO the whole system is just kinda wank, i mean it's easily to abuse, and that wil be done if you can win/lose somthing with it.
Point 2: who does want discussions and replays like : I am 37% more 1337 then you are so you should FO useless and this status is mainly based on how many "friends" or contacts you have, and has nothing to do with what you can add positivly to the Forum. And because the rep points will not be used for this it's not a good idea to have such rep point system nor giving people rewards for having more options or less

:teehee:

jup pykie.
from reading this, i think that quite a few ppl could actually agree with what i posted^^.
maybe have a poll just to see how ppl think about it?

and thx martz!
i thought: "hm, i fulfill the criteria but my avatar is still limited to 75x75 and 64kb"
now i know why :(
but i am a donator (donated via pooph's paypal)
can u somehow make spirit give u a list of names?
i'd love to have bigger avatars :)

Reactions: CeCe
Status
Not open for further replies.