• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.
here humpo, that's just for you.
rotekarte-s.jpg
(I resized it to avatar dimensions)

pykenike said:
IMO the whole system is just kinda wank, i mean it's easily to abuse, and that wil be done if you can win/lose somthing with it.
Point 2: who does want discussions and replays like : I am 37% more 1337 then you are so you should FO useless and this status is mainly based on how many "friends" or contacts you have, and has nothing to do with what you can add positivly to the Forum. And because the rep points will not be used for this it's not a good idea to have such rep point system nor giving people rewards for having more options or less
The effect your reputation action has on someone else depends on your own reputation level. People with higher reputation make a bigger difference, people with lower reputation make less of a difference. I don't think it's based on how many friends you have, rather who they are and what their reputation is on here.

If it works or not remains to be seen, it cannot do any harm plus I am keeping an eye on it. If it causes lots of problems (and not just flames) it can be disabled and forgotten about. Reputation doesn't take postcount into consideration since you're all so spammy already.

I award +reputation to people who usually post something of quality or use. I don't reply to many posts, but I usually +rep if it's something funny, usefull, helpfull etc.

Same for posts I disagree with or for someone posting a link to something they shouldn't I -rep. At the end of the day, it is just silly blobs which don't really mean anything. Just like a reputation does for someone you know, you can be told about their reputation but you have a choice wether to believe it or not.

The only other alternative is to allow on admins/moderators the ability to give/take reputation, but I dont think that option is available yet.

Reactions: munkZ
I don't see what the problem is if Martz wants to give neg rep. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
I got my 3rd green block from that thread :P but dont care really.....
its not particularly serious tbh is it :)

Reactions: munkZ
Martz said:
At the end of the day, it is just silly blobs which don't really mean anything. Just like a reputation does for someone you know, you can be told about their reputation but you have a choice wether to believe it or not.

It does matter.. You've listed the difference for someone who has +points and for someone who has -(50?)points.
People always take the piss out of everything.. especially here :D Rep system wont work here.. Not to mention it doesnt add anything at all (xcept if you go below 50?).

Bottom line: If it aint broken, dont fix it.
Keep the forums as it is and dont add easy abusable and dodgy stuff..

If you really want to keep the rep system, remove any extras/penalties for certain rep levels. That way it cant be abused and no harm will be done...

Martz said:
The effect your reputation action has on someone else depends on your own reputation level. People with higher reputation make a bigger difference, people with lower reputation make less of a difference. I don't think it's based on how many friends you have, rather who they are and what their reputation is on here.
okay agree with that, but if i look for myself, i am pretty new here (see my postcount/join date) and i'm still an unknown person here (nothing wrong with that and quite logical) tho i really notice that lots of people know each other really good here, you see it if they join pubs and here on the forum that's the nice thing of a small comunity, but my point is that's really hard to get into this comunity as a unknown person and that will effect your rep status. it's not that i care that much but i can imangine that some newbies actually do

Martz said:
If it works or not remains to be seen, it cannot do any harm plus I am keeping an eye on it. If it causes lots of problems (and not just flames) it can be disabled and forgotten about. Reputation doesn't take postcount into consideration since you're all so spammy already..
okay, as you see in my post i doubt about that, but indeed I can't say it for sure as i still can't look in the future. But I already noticed some small flames here in this post.
I don't doubt about your admin quality or summon, but isn't it hard for u aswell to treat every member the same because you certanly do like some peeps more then others

Martz said:
I award +reputation to people who usually post something of quality or use. I don't reply to many posts, but I usually +rep if it's something funny, usefull, helpfull etc..

okay this is how it should be but does everybody do this?

Martz said:
Same for posts I disagree with or for someone posting a link to something they shouldn't I -rep. At the end of the day, it is just silly blobs which don't really mean anything. Just like a reputation does for someone you know, you can be told about their reputation but you have a choice wether to believe it or not. .

you're right it ARE silly blobs, so why make it such an status icon and give peeps more powers because of a blob more

Martz said:
The only other alternative is to allow on admins/moderators the ability to give/take reputation, but I dont think that option is available yet.

well i understand people will never be pleased with what they got, and that's hard to make a good board and so on. tho i think this should be the best

anyway it's not that i do care that much, (you're hitting the nail on it's head when you say it are only green blobs at the end) but i just don't like the idea of being more leet then the other, expecially in such a small comunity

Last edited:
Reactions: zombie
You cant destroy Rw, they can still continue to just give eachother green rep on any posts they make.... If they want to... let em.

SenZei^ said:
I don't really see a big fuss for giving each other positive reputation points, as long as we don't start 'grouping up' and giving negative :confused: (of which we don't :o )

We only do it because we love the pretty green dots :love:

yeah right.....

after seeing nowt but red dots in my usercp tonight it seams like this is excatly like whats happening, just goes to help me prove my point :moon2:

heck ppl gotten so bitter i even get neg rep points for this post http://forums.utassault.net/showpost.php?p=1034116&postcount=2

dunno how anyone could say that post desreved neg rep points.

same here aj i've got loads of red since i posted in this thread. well as long as it doesn't affect me i don't care, but if i go to -50 because of this, then i would be really mad.

Reactions: masterrr
omg just been reading this thread and it made me laugh :lol:

man we just had some fun giving eachother rep points becoz we wanted green dots, never thought about giving ppl negative rep points, i mean c'mon.

anyway i think it's better to get rid of this rep thingie, i only see flames coming :flame:

-CrackKing- said:
I don't see what the problem is if Martz wants to give neg rep. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
sure every1 is allowed to give you or me red rep points, and that's not a problem.
But Martz gave more than a normal user can give. We thought and think that this whole rep whoring ain't a harmful thing, because you don't get big advantages when you whore ur posts.
Next time he can give a shout, or give us 1 red points with the comment "stop whoring". :talk:

Anyway i can't understand why so many people flame or moan (on both sides :P).
It's only a childish funny system, that's all. Nothing special or important.

uh and CK you are not the only one who gain much red dots for posting here ;). And like you i don't care.

btw: i still didn't gave you guys here red karma points and when i do i'll add my name ;D. So don't blame me for unknown red points ;).

@Martz: you deleted my account years ago, so i lost many posts. fs give me green rep points for that :lol:

edit: can some1 pls close this thread? Or better delete it? :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Reactions: masterrr
just to point that out, i don't mind if you give eachother points in a group, but i don't like when the system is abused to give others massively red points.
when i posted in the dog thread for example, some people grouped up and thought it would be a nice opportunity to take away my #1 reputation spot. i must have had about twice as much rep points than anyone else back then :P i received red points from people who probably never used the rep system before, so that was quite obvious a grouping against me :P and i lost about 150 points but i thought don't matter it's just green points.
but now imagine if that would happen again, i had -50 points and would have noticable disadvantages, that would be pretty gay.

Reactions: Bart and munkZ
RighteousFury said:
Whats offtopic in saying i get only half of what marz describet in the first post???
?
my post was refering to the topic. an answer to martz' first post.
duh.
in what way did I mention your post(s)?

Ajax said:
yeah right.....

after seeing nowt but red dots in my usercp tonight it seams like this is excatly like whats happening, just goes to help me prove my point :moon2:

heck ppl gotten so bitter i even get neg rep points for this post http://forums.utassault.net/showpost.php?p=1034116&postcount=2

dunno how anyone could say that post desreved neg rep points.
It seems people blame [RW] for every red rep point they get now, from what i can tell.
Just remove the reputation system, it obviously does more harm than good.
And this thread is just the opposite of the rep thread in the ADC forum. Post here, and you will get red reputation points, no matter what. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Storm and Exorcist
Status
Not open for further replies.