• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martz

Staff member
May 26, 2001
Since there are quite a few people now who think reputation is useless - this could be a shock.

The forums use automatic promotions and now, demotions. In the past if you had a reputation level above 10 (standard), had made 500 posts or more and been registered for over a year - you get moved to the veteran usergroup - extra attachment space, larger avatar sizes and dimensions etc etc.

Now, if you have a reputation level of -50 or less you'll get demoted to not being able to post your own threads, you cannot view attachments, you cannot post attachments, you cannot post or vote on polls and banned from individual forums.

Please use your reputation powers to decide who should be awarded for their helpful/good posts, and who should be penalised for their crappy posts.

That's quite a bad system to be honest. People in these forums group up to give reputation to eachother and others get theirs taken away for only stating their opinion ( :rolleyes: ). For such a system to work (and be used the way it's meant to be used) it takes a higher level of intelligence and not just people who do what their friends do, i.e. grouping up and taking away rep points for fun...
On these forums people are not using but only abusing this system.

I will keep you updated on how many points I will lose for this post.
Got one positive for this, but then again:

Reputation 09-05-2004 16:02 your post is true, just wanna give neg points :D

That's what I mean. It's only funny as long as the points are not important and the above quote is the best example.

Last edited:
erm there is already a group know as RW (rep whores) who just give each other rep points weather or not the posts are useful or not which tbh will take the piss outta this :(

look here for more info http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=44980 having groups like this make a mockery of the rep point system imo, if rep points enable user's to have larger avatar sizes and attachment space then any group abusing this should warned, then if nowt happens have rep points taken off so under the std amount. After all more user's with more large rep points will take web space/bandwidth.

ps same as ice i fear a lose of points here for being honest. heck i got minus rep points for saying mercs suck so iam expecting -200 odd points here

Reactions: Nekro and Ice
idd im with ice and ajax, people just abusing the system, ive got so many negative rep points over stupid stuff :snore:

Reactions: Ajax
the only people who i could see not liking this idea are the 1ns causing the problem in the first place no namming any1 :P

Reactions: AnTi
I don't really see a big fuss for giving each other positive reputation points, as long as we don't start 'grouping up' and giving negative :confused: (of which we don't :o )

We only do it because we love the pretty green dots :love:

Reactions: Shinon` and AnTi
People can only give give karma/reputation points to 10 different people per day, and must give it to 10 other people before they give it to the same people again. You can't just keep clicking + Rep over and over again to the same person.

People who obviously abuse the repuatation system will have theirs zeroed, and they can start all over again.

And with regards to attachments etc, it doesn't mean that you get more attachment and avatar space the more rep you have. As long as you have positive reputation, and have been registered longer than a year, you get these advantages.It's just one setting.

Reactions: AnTi
fs i want all my points back because it is not fair we have lost them and we have done nothing wrong or to hurt anyone :\

and how comes its people from [ADC] clan who have had them removed :|

Pea¢e¥ said:
fs i want all my points back because it is not fair we have lost them and we have done nothing wrong or to hurt anyone :\

and how comes its people from [ADC] clan who have had them removed :|
I just posted that whoring for reputation points won't do your reputation any good...

Reputation/karma should be earned by posting/providing something positive towards the forums - rather than creating a thread just to give people other karma. But thats just my opinion, every can give/take karma - it just depends on what the majority choice of people over time is. I don't agree with reputation whoring, so I disagree. Others can agree and increase their reputation. Thats how it works.

Most useless idea ive ever heard fs...Pfff rep points sux ass and is total waste of time,overly abused and waste of time,for a start if i couldnt post a thread i wouldnt use yer forums 4sure,id rethink the rep point scenario :banghead: and if i couldnt use forums i wouldnt be involved in any other part of UTAS tbh

martz can you set it to show the names of the people who give reputation? it's funny to get comments like "don't talk about intelligence" from some random dumbfuck who's not man enough to show his name and doesn't have a life, giving rep at 4:17 monday morning :P :lol:

that's what most people don't like about the internet - pussies using their secrecy to degrade others. so why not get rid of the secrecy there?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajax and Nekro
nice idea ice, would be nice to see who writes the dumbest comments in rep ;) would prolly stop alot of people just giving negative rep over stupid stuff cud they have it in for you also!

Reactions: Ice
Nekro said:
nice idea ice, would be nice to see who writes the dumbest comments in rep ;) would prolly stop alot of people just giving negative rep over stupid stuff cud they have it in for you also!
only admins can see who gave other reputation.. i did see it as an option somewhere I thought.. but I can't find it now :(

I just posted that whoring for reputation points won't do your reputation any good...
Where was our advantage of whoring posts?
(And no, attachment size or avatar size isn't a real reason :P)

You gave us bad reputation, becuase we "abused" the system and whored rep points?
Then delete spam threads and posts where people whored posts!

I don't care if i have one or two dots, but it pisses me off that you decided to lower the reputation without a real reason.
You want that the system work? Well in the past i didn't gave bad rep points (except to synapse), but now everytime i disapprove with some1 i'll give him bad karma.
System works great, uh?

After all more user's with more large rep points will take web space/bandwidth.
Aye, our plan was to take over the forum :satan:.
So ridiculous :lol:

ah and well said:
And i dont know y ppl where worried we where just having some fun giving eachtother rep points its not like u are going to get rep point by helping ppl on this forum.
(..)
We where just gaving some fun with it it would have passed we where only doing it got a week. It wouldnt have lasted 2 more weeks tho ppl get bored fast.

edit: and nope, i didn't gave people in this thread red reputation points

Last edited:
Reactions: JACKEL
Status
Not open for further replies.