DJ^z Movie 004 - MagiC 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

you could try it but fov 80 is the minimum value which works online afaik

DJ is using fov 25 in these clips to zoom in, when you play back demos with demo manager the sniper zoom never works

Or you read my not updated "How to make an UT movie"

Note* To get Sniperzoom work in DemoManager you have to change Recordingdevice line in UT.ini back to default! (You cant use frame jumping but zoom will work )

Default line: DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver (Zoom works)
DemoM 3: DemoRecordingDevice=udemo.uDemoDriver (Zoom doesnt work, speeding etc works)

And use demomanager 2.0 or console, you cant start demo with demomanager3.0 even if you disable the recordingdevice!

:satan:

Ba]V[sE;1563287 said:

Note* To get Sniperzoom work in DemoManager you have to change Recordingdevice line in UT.ini back to default! (You cant use frame jumping but zoom will work )

DemoM 3: DemoRecordingDevice=udemo.uDemoDriver (Zoom doesnt work, speeding etc works)

And use demomanager 2.0 or console, you cant start demo with demomanager3.0 even if you disable the recordingdevice!

:satan:
I know about that, that's what I do with my clips ;p. However using fov works just as well and you get to keep the frame jumping which is more convenient imo...and pogo was just asking why DJ did it ;)

you could try it but fov 80 is the minimum value which works online afaik

DJ is using fov 25 in these clips to zoom in, when you play back demos with demo manager the sniper zoom never works

It does, you have to alter it, but then you can't use fastforward and stuff ...

Nice movie, cool frags, awsome quality, to bad you used some stupid transition :P (page peel)
And why oh why did you add Riv 3 tunnelspawn snipecamping, that is so lame imo ...
like brain said, allot off text spamming :rofl:

Lmao @ feigndeath at gen :lol:

Some clips where very fast and could have used a slowmotion shot to show a nice kill (like supermics people can fly) and the map finish/kill spin was abit sickening to watch, but overall really nice movie w good music

I know kelvin Supermic commented same thing about the "END SPINN" must be something with the demomanager when ending a map. Dont know how to avoid that really when ur behindview=0. Dont know if it is really. Next time ill sort it out somehow. WAs only some obj though. Seems like the objectives with portals or something spinns? Its not all of them. Really hard tho to avoid like last demo on Autorip when finishing with 1sec left and then stop demo.
Dunno....

Some clips where very fast and could have used a slowmotion shot to show a nice kill (like supermics people can fly) and the map finish/kill spin was abit sickening to watch, but overall really nice movie w good music

Actually i did not get that to work so i used like wish said the binded "25fov". One one map i just typed it cbaed to remake that clip. After that i binded fov25 so you could see when inzoomed. Really easy actually.
Ur thing with changing the line i tried in my 3rd movie but aka Failed =(.

I know about that, that's what I do with my clips ;p. However using fov works just as well and you get to keep the frame jumping which is more convenient imo...and pogo was just asking why DJ did it
Yes more fun to watch zoomed on some maps. Should of used it more on some maps really.

Nice movie, cool frags, awsome quality, to bad you used some stupid transition (page peel)
And why oh why did you add Riv 3 tunnelspawn snipecamping, that is so lame imo ...
like brain said, allot off text spamming

About the transitions i kinda liked them actually. Tried alot but these felt kinda "smooth".
5pages before Riv3 tunnel snipe was mentioned. MAN thought that was comming earlier really :). Well was 1 year ago but still part of the game. You can outdodge it quiet easy. Never thought it was lame really. U spawnrape on dungoens at the end, watersnipe on bridge and so on. THis is just part of the game. And its actually quiet easy to avoid if ur know they sniping it.

About text spamming and Brainrains comment i think is part of the game nowadays. My spamming :dj: has nothing to do with owning. That is just my way of a "lol" bind. Used off course in both cases when suo or getting an obj in a funny way. Has nothing to do with me telling "I OWN" like u said BrainRain.

WTF comments thogh still apart of the game like Riverbed3tunnel spawn snipe =). Got np wiith that really
:)

It does, you have to alter it, but then you can't use fastforward and stuff ...

Nice movie, cool frags, awsome quality, to bad you used some stupid transition :P (page peel)
like brain said, allot off text spamming :rofl:

Lmao @ feigndeath at gen :lol:

Fuck off!

Breen where did I say there was anything wrong with criticising? :P My reply was based at you using this movie as a way to let everyone know you quit the game and WHY.

XB can agree with you all he wants, he happens to be 1 of the console spammers you detest, so carry on. :)

I am not going to attempt to download it but heard from a lot it is quite good. I quite liked DJ's 2nd movie but not so much 1 and 3. Reason I aren't going to download is because every clip I have tried to watch of DJ's it didn't work with some codec I haven't got and I aren't prepared to wait 10 hours just to find out

If u download and isntall the latest xvid codec u should be fine running the movie Torp. The oneim using is quiet old i think but works as good. Off couse you need a decent computer and not specs from stoneage.

XviD-1.2.2-07062009.exe

Nice movie, funny moments and some good runs. A little too much luck here and there though, and too many clips of which I thought they weren't worth of showing at all (like spawnsniping :yawn:)...

Last edited:
If u download and isntall the latest xvid codec u should be fine running the movie Torp. The oneim using is quiet old i think but works as good. Off couse you need a decent computer and not specs from stoneage.

XviD-1.2.2-07062009.exe

playing the movie with VLC media player works better aswell

I can't play this movie for some reason, well, not properly.
I got it through torrent and tried winamp first, music i could i hear, but it was like watching a SSHOT show :P
Then wmp was the next option, now movie turned up better, some glitches, but the movies lagged on the sound, sound came 3 secs before the actually shot was made :lol:
Any solutions?

download VLC media player shinon and play it with that program, had the same problems but it worked playing it with VLC

Google for 'HDTVPump' if you're using VLC, install and enable it in VLC. I cba finding it for you, so piss off.

Hey!

DOWNLOAD OPTION 3
DOWNLOAD OPTION 4

see my first post

For all of you guys who has problems with HUGE filesize or perhaps u cant watch the movie on a laptop there is now 2 more download options on a lower quality version. This version is 788megg and should be way faster to downloadfor some of you guys,

See my first thread. There is one MEGAUPLOAD link and one Torrent LINK for this lower quality choice.

Thanks to:

Supermic/TuT and MyM with some rendering and torrent/tracking seeding
:)

apart from the movie which has some nice kills in it and the technical stuff that could have been done better, there's something typical to be seen in this movie that's one of the reasons I don't play UT anymore..

the console spamming idiots.. I mean it's blatant abuse of an instrument that's given to communicate rather than annoy others.. I mean WTF? I've got the feeling that i'm looking at a movie from some guy that thinks it's cool to spam a console rather than to make good kills.. It shows an immature behaviour that's typical of some egoistic and childish personalities.. You're not alone in this DJ, in the movie I see many others doing it.. but it's time to grow up and leave this shit behind you. For me it's equal to those 15 year old breezahsluts typing like this: I 4M Th3 BeSt!

I mean c'mon how old are you guys?

It doesn't do justice to the nice kills made in this movie, and it's nothing but a black spot on your personality and the community.

just togglemute ? i think your the immature one if you can't handle somebody spamming a few binds to be honest, the game is meant for fun (it's a computer game if u didn't realise), and obviously you can't handle this. grow up yourself and ignore what others think or do or don't play , but thats obviously why u don't play because your insecure, can't bear to lose , or can't hack a 'baracking' :D

awwww time for my review!

I liked it, I think it's the best DJ movie in the 4 but I kinda still prefer supermic's movie overall, (more special effects and ''tricks'')

The quality, graphic wise, was probably the best i've seen in a UT movie so :thumb:

Funniest part is definitely the feign death on generator (sorry useless :rofl:)
Second is petez killing himself on the little fence at warhead after being sniped :rofl:

The shot with me on bridge was pretty unexpected, made me rofl irl when it happened.
My run is quite uber though when I pull it off properly :o

Music was ok, would have to rewatch it to vote for a song in particular...

Thanks a lot for making it Dj :) makes me want to do another movie of my own :D

Actually I suicided quite funnily twice in the movie :spit: Those were very funny :)

FUCKING WARHEAD FENCE :shout:

just togglemute ? i think your the immature one if you can't handle somebody spamming a few binds to be honest, the game is meant for fun (it's a computer game if u didn't realise), and obviously you can't handle this. grow up yourself and ignore what others think or do or don't play , but thats obviously why u don't play because your insecure, can't bear to lose , or can't hack a 'baracking' :D

:lol: it's basicly the world upside down.. You can really compare console spamming with the reason why more and more people start to hate the xbox360 lately.. There as well there are these little kids abusing a communication system to show how cool they are and curse and flame everyone who stands in their way.. Even the biggest critics hate and agree on this.. And you're telling me to mute everyone? And what if someone says something serious or important?

Sorry but you're not making much sense.. You're telling me that i'm immature because i criticise a certain behaviour and i don't do it myself? :lol:

I've never been the best player, I've never had the urge to win.. Always when we lost with (-8-) I was one of those people that told everyone that it doesnt really matter much and it's important that we just had some fun in the meanwhile.. and I cannot take my loss?
And what does this have to do with insecurity or whatever you're saying there? :lol: At least when you attack someone come with some good arguments.. jeepers creepers!

:lol: stop trolling