DJ^z Movie 004 - MagiC 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

hm okay, i see where you swedes :D are coming from.

- still imo if you only have 3 bullets left and all of them hit, i think it doesn't make a big difference to the case when you have 10 bullets left. not enough difference to show the hud imo. (+ i think something like that will most of the time not be realized by the audience anyway. at least I don't check the ammo in a movie)

- the health is the only/most important thing tho. that's what i was referring to when i said "when it's needed". but i think bamse is right about it being distracting. ---> on the other hand: imo it gives a movie a significantly higher quality feeling, if the hud and the chat etc are not shown, because otherwise it looks like [fraps the demo -> movie done] (in harsh words). and if you managed to hide the hud all the time and then, when it is important, only to show the health, then maybe this would be "distracting" enough for the audience to realize that they should keep an eye on the health because e.g. you get launched to the final objective in balli by enemy rockets with 14HP left, which is funny. (aka no doubt about the low health sometimes being very important to be shown to the audience)

- but the HUD thing above is a matter of taste, maybe. just wanted to mention it, so you can think about it ( and include me in the credits ;) )
- to undermine my unquestionable and correct opinion :D
i invite you to take a look at mercurial: http://www.own-age.com/vids/video.aspx?id=7006
( i know it is q3 cpma and mostly about fragging, so not too much comparable to ut assault, but still it is a kickass movie and it doesn't have a hud :D :D [it has a very hiqh quality feeling to it imo] )

music made me fall asleep, boring endless rain of un-edited clips that had no speed to it whatsoever. I felt like I was stoned from sipping on the bong too much, jeez! It that how you prefer to play UT DJ? I prefer games fast, shiny and blood pumping!

Anyway, some nice moments there. wtf at the desolate launch rofl!!!!!

music made me fall asleep, boring endless rain of un-edited clips that had no speed to it whatsoever. I felt like I was stoned from sipping on the bong too much, jeez! It that how you prefer to play UT DJ?

ARGH to bad you didnt JIZZ in your pants. :) At least it only took me a week to finish the movie. ;)

Therefor the effects and speed "might" be missing, as i said in my fisrt post = no time to expliore RypelCam and so on.....

I was only focussing on the content really and showing how it looks on my screen 1920*1200 behindview = 0.

Great movie mate enjoyed it very much.

The :teehee: moments for me were the rockets spam to seige tower roof very funny, guess thats what you get when playing a 10 years old game you get to know every move from front to back.

the seige roof ownage against 4 players was really nice :)

:clap:

yeh... imo 'dj on attack + siege roof top' = pain in the bum

when was that 'swe vs ger game' for 3rd place in an international cup?
(was it even the first international cup maybe? how many cups have we had so far anyway?)
it was on a day when aak had a stdAS(?) war vs SK and i joined the game after that leaguematch cause ger were lacking a player or something? anyway i defended the siege rooftop along with at least two more ppl and dj came flying... and back then he didn't use a sniper to attack... he only had a RL afaik... and he outdanced and fragged us... grrr bad memories :mad: :P

lol i remember that Taki. Good memories for sure.

Watched my movie again and i agree with lots of the feedback and input. GOnna post is here so i can find feedback easily for next movie

Sum Up for Next Movie 2012 SPRING EDITION:

- Next time no spinning around after finished a map
- Bit more Inzoomed moments where needed
- Some more repeat on "difiicult" moments. With diffrent cam angles
- Bit more effects on some parts where needed.
- Gonna add a TS demo during game.
- Some UT2K3 Taunts
- Same Quality but without the fps drop u can see on some maps. Memory issue with Sony Vegas
- Thinking of removing the chat box totally leaving HUD. Although still think the chat box is interesting. (2becontinued=
- Different transitions
- Some more Team Attacks
- Gonna stick with "No StoryLine" as its more fun imo. Randon moments

Looking forward to it

:clap: :thumb:
oops, forgot these smiley's are now prohibited! My bad! :D

The movie shows how much funny and interesting moments ut's skeletal structure is able to support. It also shows how much different situations, that are all linked to the players combined pleasure while playing this game over all the years, are able to lead into expected or unexpected ut99 game moment turns. :D:thumb::lol:

The movie shows how much funny and interesting moments ut's skeletal structure is able to support. It also shows how much different situations, that are all linked to the players combined pleasure while playing this game over all the years, are able to lead into expected or unexpected ut99 game moment turns. :D:thumb::lol:

lol met that comment owns
@DJ was a nice movie, only thing that i did not like was the camera spin
i for one would also like :
-more music styles in ut movies like in legendary
-more funny moments, suicides etc...

assault legendary movie combined different playing styles and had a lot of variety in it thats why it was the best and movie makers should take that into consideration when making one

assault legendary movie combined different playing styles and had a lot of variety in it thats why it was the best and movie makers should take that into consideration when making one

That's your opion thought, i think legendary was good but not the best assault movie ever.

lol @ orchild ... this is how you make a movie.. u can learn some stuff from it.
nice vid m8 one of the best ive seen in a long while enjoyed it. took u long enough tough

HI I WANT TO DOWNLOAD DJ'S NEW MOVIE BUT ADMINS HAVE REMOVED MY ABILITY TO USE LINKS FROM THE FORUM AS WELL AS MY ABILITY TO START THREADS. give me back my permission mushroomhead NOW i want to download DJ'z new movie WTF is this!!!

lol @ orchild ... this is how you make a movie.. u can learn some stuff from it.
nice vid m8 one of the best ive seen in a long while enjoyed it. took u long enough tough

and you would know from the how many movies you've made? rofl.

My first movie was crap and can only function for laughter and crying ur pants on how horrible it was.
Second movie was ok, had some good moments, albeit most were from montana.
Third movie was decent.

The only thing I can learn from DJ's movie is how he just keeps mixing those music tracks so well dammit!! Even though not what I would use for a movie, if I could make those transitions with sound and music that would be bliss!! Well I tried :)

Loco, stfu =)

@ Pitpull, nice to hear you liked the movie! ;)

and you would know from the how many movies you've made? rofl.

My first movie was crap and can only function for laughter and crying ur pants on how horrible it was.
Second movie was ok, had some good moments, albeit most were from montana.
Third movie was decent.

The only thing I can learn from DJ's movie is how he just keeps mixing those music tracks so well dammit!! Even though not what I would use for a movie, if I could make those transitions with sound and music that would be bliss!! Well I tried :)

Loco, stfu =)

@ Pitpull, nice to hear you liked the movie! ;)
You didn't like this movie but you enjoyed twnz? Funny :lol:

They're basically the same production-wise lol

HI CAN AN ADMIN READ THIS PLEASE i have been banned from forum for insulting a new moderator aka mushroomhead who doesnt even play UT99 or do anything useful. Now I have DJ'z first two movies from a few years ago and they were my favorite UT assault movies ever made, and i wanted to see what he came up with 4 years later. Unfortunately some new admin who doesnt even play UT decided to screw with my account and remove my ability to open links start threads (i have UT99 problems with several programs and i want to make a help thread in UT99 forum and it wont let me start threads) and because he is very childish decided to remove my signature aswell :lol: anyways can someone please tell me how i can download this movie or start threads Thx :kiss: