DJ^z Movie 004 - MagiC 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Really don't understand what the problem is. I have not seen ANYONE spamming the console after EVERY kill. It only really happens when something funny happens. Lol, rofl, :clap:, :wow:. During a 10 minute map I doubt you will see it spammed by the same person more than 5 times.

@XB, how can you sit there and accuse others of spamming it for years when you have done exactly the same for the last few years yourself? Uneven teams bind, sniper only bind, TLOL bind. You have more than I do. I generally only use the clap and lol bind and only once or twicer per map.

@Breen, you can't really say chat box communication is important in publics. It just isn't anymore. Maybe a few years ago when it was a fight to get into the server and it was 6v6 most of the time. Nowadays its 4v4 or less at most hours and often complete imbalance in skill and often 3v4 etc. Then you get people like NoMercy/Skalman (no offence boys) launching around maps inwhich no tactics are even given, often when its uneven teams like 4v5. So the entire idea of coms on publics was lost some years ago. Are you really going to come back if console spamming was infinitely banned? I doubt it, lets move on :)

@DJ - I watched the Megavideo stream that someone put. Was quite a nice movie. Personally I would have preferred a bit more structure, as it was a bit too much like Supermics movie where demo's were just added and added with no real structure or even storyline/separated scenes like Funny Moments, Teamwork, Launches etc. The kills were obviously nice and some lolig moments, but it was better than your 1st and 3rd movies and I am not sure which is better of 2 and 4. But really nice effort and I didn't even look at the time during the movie, which is always an important factor for me.

It's a fair point really, the smiley spamming is incredibly annoying, esp the :clap: bind after a decent enough frag as I'm lucky or impossible to kill. It's a cheap, arrogant way of showing that the person fragged is the better, more skilled player of the two. It's like the spammers are trying to discredit the kill or something, very very annoying.

It's a fair point really, the smiley spamming is incredibly annoying, esp the :clap: bind after a decent enough frag as I'm lucky or impossible to kill. It's a cheap, arrogant way of showing that the person fragged is the better, more skilled player of the two. It's like the spammers are trying to discredit the kill or something, very very annoying.
Yup, certain individuals tend to do this :wow: :clap:, dunno why... I can imagine it being annoying.
Essp. for a noob like yourself, Maxiz

@DJ - I watched the Megavideo stream that someone put. Was quite a nice movie. Personally I would have preferred a bit more structure, as it was a bit too much like Supermics movie where demo's were just added and added with no real structure or even storyline/separated scenes like Funny Moments, Teamwork, Launches etc.

Good idea. Actually i just added all demos with no structure. Perhaps more seperated scenes would be bettter yes,
good input for next movie 2012 :)

Breens Right, some of you go way over the top with console spamming, was never part of the UTA until around 2003 when Pete, Salva, Champ, Tweenz, Wish and all the other noobs started to abuse the crap out of it (same people defending it now). We complained and nothing got done. Now it seems some kind of trend that is perfectly OK. All it does is provoke in one way or another.

BREEN IS RIGHT . FULLSTOP

well, nearly everyone had the big lol bind in 2002:)

- critics first:
when rar'ing an xvid movie you can use "store" (no compression).
the way it is compressed at the moment it saves ~1% in file size but adds dunno 200% to the time needed to extract it (on my stoneage laptop that is :P)

- next my taste/opinion:
the trance music fitted a lot better than the harder styles (even if i really like the latter). if you plan on adding more sync / transition structure / macro syncing (visual / content-wise mood/tension synchronized with the audio track) and especially micro syncing (kills/jumps/fades/anything of short visual nature on screen combined with the beats in an audio track) -> then it can be a good idea to go back to a harder choice of music.

- and the final word :bow:
the quality of the smaller version is still very very good. thx a lot for the effort of re-rendering it!

agreed at:
next time you can think about using a few more slomos,
a few more zoom-ins (non-demomanager playback preferred for zoom-ins @ Taki's head, i think it also shows crouching better!),
remove the end-map-spinning (maybe the non-demomanager playback will do the trick? dunno),
remove the HUD when it is not really needed ( you can leave the say-sound in, so one can hear that there is stuff spammed to the console :D )

but most importantly: i watched it and liked it a lot. very cool content! the 16mins were over in no time. felt like 5mins.
more of that please :) 9/10

Last edited:
You know :thumb: and :clap: are not always used in a sarcastic manner :P
No of course not, I've pulled off some really weird lucky kills at times and sure, then it's ok to use sarcastic smileys but when used over and over in an effort to discredit other players it becomes annoying and sily.

Yup, certain individuals tend to do this :wow: :clap:, dunno why... I can imagine it being annoying.
Essp. for a noob like yourself, Maxiz
Yeah well.. :fingers:

It's true.

Last word on the subject however, this doesn't belong in a thread about DJs movie which was very good and its a movie I recommend everyone to watch!!

:thumb:

@XB, how can you sit there and accuse others of spamming it for years when you have done exactly the same for the last few years yourself? Uneven teams bind, sniper only bind, TLOL bind. You have more than I do. I generally only use the clap and lol bind and only once or twicer per map.

Well actually UNEVEN teams bind was OK, its there for a reason and is not spammed for any reason.

Sniper only - I spammed it for a period of time, people complained, to which point I got told if I use it - I will get a ban - it was piss annoying wasn't it? point proven I guess.

T-LOL - its actually E-LOL and I never spammed it to oblivion like some people do. You only notice it because it was different.

Really don't understand what the problem is. I have not seen ANYONE spamming the console after EVERY kill. It only really happens when something funny happens. Lol, rofl, :clap:, :wow:. During a 10 minute map I doubt you will see it spammed by the same person more than 5 times.

Its cause everyone thinks its "OK" now, they do it over the smallest incident. Once in a while you get a genuine funny moment, not every map. If its not good enough to have its own movie clip, it should be a LOL and finished not.

LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL

I have not seen ANYONE spamming the console after EVERY kill.

Maybe that´s true but at least 80-90 procent of Wish´s kills there´s a lol bind afterwards.
I dont mind at all tbh but that´s nearly 100%. No1 else does it close to that ammount.

Its cause everyone thinks its "OK" now, they do it over the smallest incident. Once in a while you get a genuine funny moment, not every map. If its not good enough to have its own movie clip, it should be a LOL and finished not.

LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA
LOL
HAHA

3rd TIME now please post in another thread or ur to dumb to understand that.
im actually using some of the good input to next movie but cba rading all ur shit comments about taunting.

:topic:

http://forums.utassault.net/showthread.php?t=109436

Last edited:
Hmm, seems to be some problem with the tracker for me :(
Edit: I added some random public trackers and now I'm getting 1 seeder :D

Last edited:
1 think i liked on ur 3 previous movies was the ut2k3 taunts "Wicked sick" "combo whore" and so on, bring them back on the 2012 movie or u could put UT3 taunts :D

alrso,i think it's was good that u decide to mix all clips with no order or specific section, it's good see changes (since all ur previous movies were made with specific section, i'm not saying it was bad since i also did it :coolfip:).

-
remove the HUD when it is not really needed ( you can leave the say-sound in, so one can hear that there is stuff spammed to the console :D )

I think you should either have it on or off, its a bad idea to have it on and off during movie, its distracting.
And sometimes the HUD is giving you a better feeling, example low health or low ammo etc gives a bit extra
action? In my movie im going to use HUD because of this anyway.. :satan:

I think you should either have it on or off, its a bad idea to have it on and off during movie, its distracting.
And sometimes the HUD is giving you a better feeling, example low health or low ammo etc gives a bit extra
action? In my movie im going to use HUD because of this anyway..

I agre with Bamse actually. it gives an extra info to the viewer about the health and ammo left when finishing an objective. perhaps if you have only 3 sniperbullets left and make a multi kill that should be shown.

I actually felt the same with the chat box where you see the kills. Think it should be shown who you kill. Otherwise there will be alot of speculation after the movie i think. THis adds something extea. Especially when the movie is rendered with good quality so you can see it easily.