DJ^z Movie 004 - MagiC 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

I think that someone here is sensitive to trolling! :rolleyes:

@BraiNRaiN:
I see your point, but is 'console-spamming' really a problem? IMO it hardly is.

Firstly, the most important (by you defined as) communication channel is TeamSpeak. UT's say function is ineffective (you've got to type) and too easy to ignore (nope, not because of console spam, but because of concentration on your crosshair, incoming bullets or whatever makes you unable to read text during a game).

Secondly, console spam is hardly blocking for serious or important messages. There's a 20 second interval (average, no scientific proof, sorry) in which there may be 5-20 lol-binds on your screen, which takes about 2 seconds for them to disappear again. Assuming that the most important messages in UT are teamsay messages for incomings (which are usually spammed as well, btw), there will hardly be a problem, right? (On top of that: teamsay messages are visually more clear)

In all the years I've played UT and PUGs, there's hardly been a situation in which console-spam prevented me from reading messages. Only sometimes a suicide-message (cue for a launch) is missed, but it doesn't go much further than that. If UT's built-in chat function is your main communication channel then I could see a minor problem. But I guess using UT's built-in chat is a bad choice to begin with anyway.

Your short-sighted view on peoples personality because they console-spam is completely rediculous as well. If you're trying to be a smart-ass, then please do differentiate between what people mean with their console spam and the way you perceive it. If you really are offended by DJ's :dj:-bind or someone else with some lol-spam, then I guess its time to question your own personality instead of questioning the personality of the sender.

Last edited:
Your short-sighted view on peoples personality because they console-spam is completely rediculous as well. If you're trying to be a smart-ass, then please do differentiate between what people mean with their console spam and the way you perceive it. If you really are offended by DJ's :dj:-bind or someone else with some lol-spam, then I guess its time to question your own personality instead of questioning the personality of the sender.
ridiculous* noob

:lol: it's basicly the world upside down.. You can really compare console spamming with the reason why more and more people start to hate the xbox360 lately.. There as well there are these little kids abusing a communication system to show how cool they are and curse and flame everyone who stands in their way.. Even the biggest critics hate and agree on this.. And you're telling me to mute everyone? And what if someone says something serious or important?

Sorry but you're not making much sense.. You're telling me that i'm immature because i criticise a certain behaviour and i don't do it myself? :lol:

I've never been the best player, I've never had the urge to win.. Always when we lost with (-8-) I was one of those people that told everyone that it doesnt really matter much and it's important that we just had some fun in the meanwhile.. and I cannot take my loss?
And what does this have to do with insecurity or whatever you're saying there? :lol: At least when you attack someone come with some good arguments.. jeepers creepers!

:lol: stop trolling

no you are immature to let other people affect you in a computer game forcing u to stop playing and cry about it on the forum was my point, not that i care at all was just making a point :P

and the fact u slate off everybody else about there behaviour is funny, if u don't care or want to play then leave and don't criticise others here, you are free to leave you know.

console spamming is not really hard to prevent with togglemute if it's really such a big issue (which quite frankly i don't think it is).

Someone needs shooting.

So I downloaded the MU version of the "low-def" movie at 3mb/s, then went to grab the torrent so I could seed immediately, only to find the torrent is for a RAR file - the complete opposite of before.

:rolleyes:

:clap:

Come on, who did it this time? :P

as for pete:
Perhaps in matches or pug's you are right.. Ventrilo/TS or whatever is the most effective way to communicate.. But in public games it's still an important way to communicate with each other.. But that doesn't mean that it cannot be annoying.. What disturbed me in the movie is the amount of text spam dj and others made. Your (or perhaps only mine??) eyes in the movie and while playing UT goes directly to the textchat/console when you hear a speaking noise.. that's automatism. Which is hardly something you can control. Perhaps i've never been that good, because I was just having fun and I wasn't 100% focused on all stated points.. So I have time to focus on the console :)

Remember that not everyone is taking this game as seriously as some of you do.. not everyone uses the same communication options as you.. not everyone has the same kind of humour as you do.. You should consider what it can communicate rather than, what you want to communicate with it ;).. as you stated.. You put the importance in someone elses hand. But isn't there a famous quote that states a better world starts with yourself? Perhaps that sounds a bit too strong in this situation.. But an opinion is based on details rather than headlines. and since we're living in a social society in which we are here together and we want to have a good time together, I think it's not upto the receiver to adapt but the sender. It's less egoistic behaviour and that's how we all want it right?
I'm in no way offended by it but it's just annoying as hell to me.. and some others stated the same here.

as for champ:
you're saying things I don't do.. I don't cry, I just make my statement. And you ignore statements I made about togglemute. Besides how is it immature that someone gets affected by other people? Isn't that the whole point in life? Didn't you get affected by your mother, dont you care about what other peoples opinions are? It's not wrong to show someone else your thoughts/emotions..

as for pete:
Perhaps in matches or pug's you are right.. Ventrilo/TS or whatever is the most effective way to communicate.. But in public games it's still an important way to communicate with each other.. But that doesn't mean that it cannot be annoying.. What disturbed me in the movie is the amount of text spam dj and others made. Your (or perhaps only mine??) eyes in the movie and while playing UT goes directly to the textchat/console when you hear a speaking noise.. that's automatism. Which is hardly something you can control. Perhaps i've never been that good, because I was just having fun and I wasn't 100% focused on all stated points.. So I have time to focus on the console :)
The chat-sound is turned off here, I guess that helps with not paying attention to it. I've turned that shit off since I installed UT for the first time, it's quite useless and only another form of overhead-input for your brain to handle. Anyway, I can't talk about this form of automatism. All I know is that I don't perceive console-spam as something annoying, I tend to ignore most ingame-chatting anyway.

Remember that not everyone is taking this game as seriously as some of you do.. not everyone uses the same communication options as you.. not everyone has the same kind of humour as you do.. You should consider what it can communicate rather than, what you want to communicate with it ;).. as you stated.. You put the importance in someone elses hand. But isn't there a famous quote that states a better world starts with yourself? Perhaps that sounds a bit too strong in this situation.. But an opinion is based on details rather than headlines. and since we're living in a social society in which we are here together and we want to have a good time together, I think it's not upto the receiver to adapt but the sender. I'm in no way offended by it but it's just annoying as hell to me.. and some others stated the same here.
Indeed: In a situation in which 80% of the online players would perceive the console-spam the way you do, it would probably be best for the sender to adapt instead of the receiver. I'm not entirely sure, but I hardly hear anyone moan about it in matches or PUGs. The situations in which people get pissed off by lol-spam are usually when people are annoyed by lag, missing rockets, etc

I guess you should stop making assumptions, like how serious people take the game.I couldn't care less if the admins decided to stop the league. I play a PUG every now and then and the console-spam means nothing to me. In a relevant situation it can even be quite funny :). All that's left is the way you perceive the console-spam and you trying to generalise your opinion onto the ~50 people left playing PUGs (that's basically all that happens in UTA nowadays anyway).

It's less egoistic behaviour and that's how we all want it right?
So no, this isnt how "we all" want it, this is how you would like it to be. If everyone wanted it the way you describe it, there wouldn't have been a problem. All that happens nowadays are some UTA matches (most are forfeits) and people playing PUGs. There's hardly anyone there who moans about console-spam. On top of that: TS is the main communication channel in PUGs. As for public servers: I have no clue whats going on there, I never join one. Anyway, a public server isn't a controlled environment, so you can want all you like, but nothings going to happen there. So I guess you should just return playing PUGs, turn off chat-sounds, use TS and adapt to the current environment. You could even turn off the ingame chat entirely, there's hardly anything serious or usefull in there anyway. :)

Last edited:
Someone needs shooting.

So I downloaded the MU version of the "low-def" movie at 3mb/s, then went to grab the torrent so I could seed immediately, only to find the torrent is for a RAR file - the complete opposite of before.

LOL Werido.
was told to RAR the movie this time and make a torren out of it so i did. Whats the diffrence really seeding the RAR file or the avi file? :)

As long sa it works and people now can download the low res movie im happy.

BrainRain
taunting is a part of the game wether u like it or not. Togglemute enemy or "all" otherwise...
But next time perhaps i will delete the text box in next movie so no taunting is visible nor any chats. Tbh tho i think thats kinda boring. But good input.

Last edited:
LOL Werido.
was told to RAR the movie this time and make a torren out of it so i did. Whats the diffrence really seeding the RAR file or the avi file? :)

BrainRain
Can you perhaps keep ur taunt / flaming somwhere else, bit off-topic and boring to read really.
taunting is a part of the game wether u like it or not. Togglemute enemy or "all" otherwise...
:hangover:

Now everyone who downloaded the MU-version needs to rar it themselves into the exact same chunks before they can help seeding (dunno if that gives you the same CRC). :thumb:

BrainRain
Can you perhaps keep ur taunt / flaming somwhere else, bit off-topic and boring to read really.

I'm not flaming/taunting anywhere? And it isnt really offtopic because its a large part of your movie to be honest..
I know how hard it is to convince people with bad habits what they're doing wrong (same with smokers, it doesnt only influence yourself. but many others as well.. )

I've got nothing against you or so DJ.. you should know that, but fair enough i'll let it rest, although you should know what it can cause to people..
hopefully you are wise enough to pick up the arguments/statements that were given.

LOL Werido.

Nah, you missed the point. It doesn't matter which you pick, just keep both sources in the same format. I downloaded it from MU purely to seed it, sparing MyM's bandwidth - only to find that I had to download it from MyM anyway, so a wasted download :P

I'm not flaming/taunting anywhere? And it isnt really offtopic because its a large part of your movie to be honest..
I know how hard it is to convince people with bad habits what they're doing wrong (same with smokers, it doesnt only influence yourself. but many others as well.. )

I've got nothing against you or so DJ.. you should know that, but fair enough i'll let it rest, although you should know what it can cause to people..
hopefully you are wise enough to pick up the arguments/statements that were given.
The assumption that you know what is right and wrong is really so fucking arrogant, it makes your posts smell more than catshit... :hangover:

Fair enough BrainRain!

And like i said in last post after i edit "its good input". Next movie i might remove chatbox fully. I let chatbox be visible cause i think people wanted to see the "WTF" "OMG" spam after the diffrent moments. Perhaps need to reconsider. Case closed.
:)

Tbh console spam can be annoying as hell, like people hitting :clap: every single time they get killed - it's the equivalent of saying 'fuck you, you got lucky'. But I'm guilty of smacking :lol: 50% of the times I get killed, it's a way of laughing at myself and saying 'oh ffs, what a tit'. Or when I see someone else mess up or die in a funny way. Hitting a smiley is a way that people release tension or express their reactions - there's nothing more boring than someone who just runs through and never talks or reacts, I don't like playing with those people cos I can't identify with them. But there is a difference between genuine reactions and outright console spam and I think that's what Breen is getting at.

Might be nice to incorporate some sort of smiley blocker in the LAS console, like you can choose to have all smileys blocked if you want, since they're only ever used as a sort of console spam. Or identify messages that are applied as binds and have them blocked too. Would make life easier, a sort of selective togglemute. Get started, Mym.

Breens Right, some of you go way over the top with console spamming, was never part of the UTA until around 2003 when Pete, Salva, Champ, Tweenz, Wish and all the other noobs started to abuse the crap out of it (same people defending it now). We complained and nothing got done. Now it seems some kind of trend that is perfectly OK. All it does is provoke in one way or another.

BREEN IS RIGHT . FULLSTOP

LAS already has an option to block smilies, well done for noticing Useless!

I never have smilies on mine, although Ill sometimes get a bind spammed at me that makes even less sense when the smilies are removed!
The console spam is very annoying but I tend to tune it out, Im sure when I was originally playing UT people more often used to type stuff when there was a good/lucky shot and obviously only when it was worthwhile as it took time, now people just instinctively press a button repeatedly, it has no purpose.

edit: :lol: since when did you start agreeing with everything Brain says XB!

Breens Right, some of you go way over the top with console spamming, was never part of the UTA until around 2003 when Pete, Salva, Champ, Tweenz, Wish and all the other noobs started to abuse the crap out of it (same people defending it now). We complained and nothing got done. Now it seems some kind of trend that is perfectly OK. All it does is provoke in one way or another.

BREEN IS RIGHT . FULLSTOP

[22:27] <+utaPugRep> 992:02 : 9912w1sh99 put a bullet through 04nO0By|v4N99's head.
[22:27] <+utaPugRep> 992:00 : 04nO0By|v4N: 99:sniper: WWW.SNIPERONLY.COM :sniper:
[22:27] <+utaPugRep> 992:00 : 04nO0By|v4N: 99:sniper: WWW.SNIPERONLY.COM :sniper:

:<