Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It all depends on the type of cheat and the situation ofcourse. If you cheat in league matches (wether or not intended), you should always get a longer ban. I'm also in favor of giving people a second chance, especially on UTA. The only people that don't deserve a second chance are those who use private cheats (helios hook 4+ or framework etc). You don't have that on your pc to "test" something.

Also, as a clanbase anticheat member I'd like to say a few things as well. First of all, we do look into appeals, several people have been unbanned after a successfull appeal. Second, we actively track people who get banned and create a new account. I think the majority of permanently banned cheaters do try to come back but get banned again before they can play. Other than that, I don't think the clanbase system is that much better (for use on uta at least). Clanbase uses very long ban durations, often even permanent and people who get caught with an aimbot (even a non-working one) get banned for life.

My conclusion is that your anticheat system is ok for use on UTA. Your community is much smaller and you generally know the players a bit better. I do have to admit that I was a bit surprised to see m1cr0 playing again this week. A 3 month ban for a second offence might be a bit too short.

The game is flippin 9 years old! we're all here for a laff, who ever cheats in a league match ban them for life, it's not like we get paid to do this, it's just for a laff. Who cant play by these rules ban them for life

Or we could ofcourse use a pol to decide on cheaters as the situation comes up.

Player1 caught with triggerbot + radar in league match.

A: Shotgun to the hand.
B: Perma Ban
C: 1 year Ban
D: 3 month Ban

I think people are willing to forgive ur botting of the past wish when ur attitude would be normal. But that seems to be a problem.

Take a chill pill wish and TuT .... i'm removing your useless discussion

How about a list of those past cheaters.

No need for more flames atm.
Most of them already gone and those who left seems to be clean. IF anyone of them will be busted again all info from past will be posted in public forums.

The game is flippin 9 years old! we're all here for a laff, who ever cheats in a league match ban them for life, it's not like we get paid to do this, it's just for a laff. Who cant play by these rules ban them for life

ill quote myself

Second time ban?

Why?

The cheater knows he is cheating already at the first time he got the idea, and also knew it was wrong.

Cheating = doing the bad thing first time

Everyone knows you get punished if you do a bad thing.

Once a cheater = always a cheater?

I'd say:
First time ½ a year ban, second time permanently.

Or we could ofcourse use a pol to decide on cheaters as the situation comes up.

Player1 caught with triggerbot + radar in league match.

A: Shotgun to the hand.
B: Perma Ban
C: 1 year Ban
D: 3 month Ban

that'll be stupid, duh... whenever someone loved in this community will be banned less longer than someone hated here

When players sign up to the league they agree to abide by the rules - ie. don't use cheats. If the cheaters don't respect UTA why should UTA respect them? They stuck two fingers up to UTA and all the non-cheats who are just trying to play, yet they laugh openly at the place because they know the worst they'll have to suffer (assuming they even get caught) is a two month ban or whatever? What is that, 24 league games at the very most. So fkin what? Temp ban is meaningless and apparently - certainly in m1c's case - solves nothing. He still doesn't give a fuck. So sure, keep handing him temp bans while the rest of us sit around with our fking jaws dropping at this cock's audacity.

This sounds like I'm having ago at the admins but I'm not. I respect the admins and they're doing a great job imo, but I just don't get wtf this temp ban thing is. Why in god's name give these people a second chance. They got a first chance, they deliberately fucked it up, bye bye. They can learn from experience somewhere the fk else.

Bans should not be given with a second though of the member count and survuval of this League.

I'm with both mush and useless herevery valid points. :thumb:

And saus you can avoid it by simply not cheating how hard is that?
And constantly people talk about community this community that well ok if community is this close and we have a lamer he should be able to get booted? I mean why stick rotten apples in a community it doesn't make sense.:(

Keeping cheaters just for the sake of keeping up numbers is #$%#$!

ADMIN 1- hey fellow admins someone usein bot ingame

ADMIN 2- it`s ok he`s my m8

ADMIN 3- it`s ok he`s in same clan as me

ADMIN 1- ok guys if nobody complains we will ignore it ,if they do complain we give em a silly 3 month ban

ADMIN 1-hey fellow admins somebody is usein words i dont like on forums

ADMIN 2- hang the bastard

ADMIN 3- cut his balls off

ADMIN 1- ok i`ll ban him for life

:moon:

ADMIN 1- hey fellow admins someone usein bot ingame

ADMIN 2- it`s ok he`s my m8

ADMIN 3- it`s ok he`s in same clan as me

ADMIN 1- ok guys if nobody complains we will ignore it ,if they do complain we give em a silly 3 month ban

ADMIN 1-hey fellow admins somebody is usein words i dont like on forums

ADMIN 2- hang the bastard

ADMIN 3- cut his balls off

ADMIN 1- ok i`ll ban him for life

:moon:

Mooooooooo! aww still cracks Joe and me up

Perm ban all the way. There are several players in this league who just simply do not deserve to be here :)

Regardless of any debates, thats a fact imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.