Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnage`

Handing in my Cubes
Aug 19, 2001
NL
If you could, would you ban cheaters permanently from the league?

Just curious if it's an admins decision to not perma ban em or ours.

Last edited:
Yes, I wish that was the rule, it works so much better when that one is enforced.
You can still give a chance of an appeal if the circumstances at the time were special, but if there's serious proof it was a deliberate cheat, get them idiots outta here.

#kehrbesen

nothing you do or say will change anything rookie

u havent figured that out yet

lol

i know it 'most likely won't change. But i am interested in who decided that it should be this way. And i'm gonna refrain from flaming you as I wan't this thread to stay open.

give them a 2nd chance but 2nd time just ban em lol , think its a bit harsh having perm ban on first time , if they do it twice thou u know they will never stop

Last edited:
I think its not so much the Admins not wanting to permban players but enforcing it.

Well.. I voted for 2nd time = perma ban...

but tbh, ban em first time nowadays.. back in like 2002 or whatever, when bots were new and people were trying em out, I could say.. yeah 1 month ban or summat then give em a second chance. But now, people know bots exists, we've all had a chance to try em out offline or whatever, and I don't think there should be a 2nd chance given.

None of the choices that are given appeal to me.
Of course I don't want to play against botters, u want fair games. But I just think it's different in each case.

For example, when he used a bot in a clanmatch then the botter should be punished alot tougher than in publical games. Also attitude towards other players is of importance to someones ban.

You cannot ban someone permanently from a game, thats like kicking someone out of the country who was born there, but did something criminal. OR Should he be on the deatchchair after a 2nd criminal activity? of course not! People learn from there mistakes, isnt it after the first time, then it will be after a 2nd or a 3rd time.

You might think I'm a softy and maybe I am, but I doubt banning people forever will do this community any good.

conclusion: let the admins decide on each case

Last edited:
we've all once thinked about how it is to have a bot... Some try, most don't... give them a 2nd chance.
And pointless thread anyhow, Rule is a Rule...

people in prison get second chances after killing someone, and cheaters don't deserve one? :rofl:

Breen is gay btw, hence his explaination in his post, u can also find pictures of him with cycling shorts on rocketjump.

Once some1 has botted and i play with them i cant trust them, and it throws me off my game as well. IMO perma ban.

Cheating's against the rules and common sense says not to cheat.. on the other hand I realize some things can happen accidentally and false accusations can be made so it's necessary to be strict but not stupid.

I'm glad you started this topic Rookie. This thing is in my head since months so now i will know community point of view.

Just a notice. Our rules says:
Cheating is strictly prohibited. Anyone caught cheating will suffer a non-fixed penalty*, to be decided by Administrators.

* Non-fixed: There is no standard penalty for cheating; each case is handled individually and an appropriate sentence is agreed.

Fixed because most of cases are different ... won't go into details however it's not always as simple as just click SUSPEND button. From the other hand not all ban in past has been documented in admin forums so we admins in some cases we can't track them. It's all logged now and i started to sort old ban infos yesterday.

Punishment for bots/hooks has been increased from 1 month to 3 recently and one month is only for simple cheats.

Permaban. I don't think there is any excuse for cheating in league games.

:nod:

I feel really strongly about this. I can't stand it when people say 'Oh, so they made a mistake.' No, they purposely downloaded and installed and used a cheat. That's not a mistake - they knew precisely what they were doing and did it for a reason. So they can fk off and good riddance. A yellow card system means that we could all in theory use cheats until we got caught, then turn up again later with a clean slate. Wtf? Ban the little cocks PERMANENTLY :wave:

My 2 cents.

well we have players leaving the league because the lack in firm punishments. And tbh i'd rather keep them then the cheaters mush.

But in your case i would vote the last option as you simply don't care?:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.