Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
y didnt u vote 'infinite chances' then? even wish said perm ban with 2nd cheat, so m1c wud be out by now. 71 say m1c shud be out by now, only 6 do not care, and yet he is still in ur clan?

so ur actually talking crap and supporting it.

Ah ofc i shud kick a friend of mine out of the clan because he made a dumb mistake on a public server, which i do not care about. Now if he botted during a league match he would lose my respect but since he didn't do that. I choose to keep my friend.

Last edited:
First, people keep mentioning that the game is old to stress the fact that the people that are still around (and they're bound to shrink) hang around only because they enjoy the game play and community so much, not because of graphics, cool effects, new status etc. The number one enemy of game play enjoyment is cheating. The number one enemy of community survival is abuse of the rules it was found on. You can say UTA has many rules, but really only one rule makes the whole thing work, and that is the mutual consent of fair play.

Second, I don't see how cheating on public is fine, but on a match is serious. Are you saying you don't give a shit for the people that are playing public against the botter, so as long as he doesn't cheat against you it's fine. Goes to show the typical society today "Hey, as long as I am not affected, it's all good." Also, that is clearly an open invitation to test cheats against our protection system on public servers. I have already heard/seen evidence of people trying to do exactly that…

Third, any system with a gradually increasing ban is useless. The people that cheat deliberately are obviously looking for short term satisfaction of "omg I owned you", hence there is no reason why they would care for a temp ban. They can go on cheating in other games (it's quite common that they try cheating in most games, since it's a character trait usually), and just come back when ban is over. Someone that really cares for the game, and understands he did a really bad mistake, will really do everything he can to get people to forgive him, which can easily be handled with an appeal after a certain time period (something like eligible for parole in prison).

Fourth, admins, consider that every time you show leniency against a cheater, you are really pissing off all the people that voted for perm ban, and definitely risk losing some of them, while everyone else that voted differently would not be really affected if you were strict (unless they were planning to try cheating themselves, in which case, good riddance). Yes, not everyone will leave right away, but speaking for myself at least, I take one step away from this game and community every time I hear another loser is part of it and abusing it. I simply count on the people I know I can trust to have my fun.

Lastly, at this point of time, when the internet is full of teenagers striving to control their hormones, it is quite a rare event to find a place you can have a fair, clean game to take a break off normal things. There used to be a public ut server that got so strict at some point, a simple racist remark or flame would ban you from it. Sure, there was a big bunch of teenagers crying around about how strict it was, but I could count on always hoping there and playing without worrying about taking shit from anyone, just pure game fun and fun conversations. The easier the access to a free resource, the stricter the control over its use must be, otherwise its demise is guaranteed. (at least in this time…)
:clap:

Second, I don't see how cheating on public is fine, but on a match is serious. Are you saying you don't give a shit for the people that are playing public against the botter

Wow so when people play a friendly game of soccer and a player decides to picks up the ball with his hands and throws it in the goal coz he's an arschloch should be denied to play during official soccer matches?

That arguement is fail. It has nothing to do with assaulting the base. Plus the friendly soccer game isn't a league-linked public server with protection against picking up the ball and throwing it into the goal which the soccer player is trying to bypass.

Wow so when people play a friendly game of soccer and a player decides to picks up the ball with his hands and throws it in the goal coz he's an arschloch should be denied to play during official soccer matches?
:rofl: :lol: mooie man :P

Ah ofc i shud kick a friend of mine out of the clan because he made a dumb mistake on a public server, which i do not care about. Now if he botted during a league match he would lose my respect but since he didn't do that. I choose to keep my friend.

a mistake? why on earth do u say that was a mistake???

dont wonna moan about m1c, but wot he did was, as maber pointed out exactly, not a 'mistake' but this:
he tried out if the newest version of helios hook passes LAS, and that zyx is not a mistake.
now imagine he bypasses LAS and utdc with that version, without anybody getting it, do u think he would do it in a league match?! its sad but the answer is yes, so here goes ur 'respect'.

The problem is m8 you are prejudiced. You rather burn people before they can even speak up. You are allowed to be, but that just doesn't fit me.

Like i said i don't agree with people using illegal hooks, if they are caught they should get punished. And since UTA is such a small community admins should be able to set individual punishments for offenders.

But tbh outside league matches I could care less what ppl do.

FS c'mon Zyx who are you trying to convince here? us or yourself?:rofl:

I don't believe for one minute that you actually believe in that bullshit story.

No because he´s studying to become a doctor and can save important people´s lives in the future. The other 2 twats you mentioned are of no use to us. In fact, they´r just wasting oxygen that could be used for a better cause.

HAHA

Thats right!!!!

Yes it was a dumb thing to do and he got his punishment for it. Anything else?
Ofc he got a punishment, but what most people annoys is, that he didn't get the correct punishment in their point of view.

Who was he trying the bot with?

Surprise me this time pls.

jeez still argueing about m1c's ban. He is back now, nothing you could ever do against it anyway rly. Actually you do not know the story so many of you should just shup with their straight punishment. Hard to cinvince some of those hidebounded anyway.

But rly, if you want to make things right @ admins. Ask the leaue-players what is to be done with ppl who got caught cheating. I sometimes got the feeling the majority want kinda different punishments and you decide somethingelse:rolleyes:

I say grab some pitchforks and torches and boot the wankers out :thumb:
So far from polls the second time is definatly perma ban. In other words check ya later m1c ;)

First, people keep mentioning that the game is old to stress the fact that the people that are still around (and they're bound to shrink) hang around only because they enjoy the game play and community so much, not because of graphics, cool effects, new status etc. The number one enemy of game play enjoyment is cheating. The number one enemy of community survival is abuse of the rules it was found on. You can say UTA has many rules, but really only one rule makes the whole thing work, and that is the mutual consent of fair play.

Second, I don't see how cheating on public is fine, but on a match is serious. Are you saying you don't give a shit for the people that are playing public against the botter, so as long as he doesn't cheat against you it's fine. Goes to show the typical society today "Hey, as long as I am not affected, it's all good." Also, that is clearly an open invitation to test cheats against our protection system on public servers. I have already heard/seen evidence of people trying to do exactly that…

Third, any system with a gradually increasing ban is useless. The people that cheat deliberately are obviously looking for short term satisfaction of "omg I owned you", hence there is no reason why they would care for a temp ban. They can go on cheating in other games (it's quite common that they try cheating in most games, since it's a character trait usually), and just come back when ban is over. Someone that really cares for the game, and understands he did a really bad mistake, will really do everything he can to get people to forgive him, which can easily be handled with an appeal after a certain time period (something like eligible for parole in prison).

Fourth, admins, consider that every time you show leniency against a cheater, you are really pissing off all the people that voted for perm ban, and definitely risk losing some of them, while everyone else that voted differently would not be really affected if you were strict (unless they were planning to try cheating themselves, in which case, good riddance). Yes, not everyone will leave right away, but speaking for myself at least, I take one step away from this game and community every time I hear another loser is part of it and abusing it. I simply count on the people I know I can trust to have my fun.

Lastly, at this point of time, when the internet is full of teenagers striving to control their hormones, it is quite a rare event to find a place you can have a fair, clean game to take a break off normal things. There used to be a public ut server that got so strict at some point, a simple racist remark or flame would ban you from it. Sure, there was a big bunch of teenagers crying around about how strict it was, but I could count on always hoping there and playing without worrying about taking shit from anyone, just pure game fun and fun conversations. The easier the access to a free resource, the stricter the control over its use must be, otherwise its demise is guaranteed. (at least in this time…)

Very well said sq! A less abusive and probably more reasonable version of what I was trying to point out earlier :D

Status
Not open for further replies.