Ban Cheaters?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well... Would you?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, along with countless others.

why not just fix the 'bugs'? (not sure what you are even talking about really :o)

Why don't we perm ban them i mean for fuck sake this game is about 9/10 years old, there's loads of other games to play, if you can't play by the rules, fuck you and fuck off

tbh give them a 2nd chance...
to me theres no real alternative to it other than tempban them.
i dont like to play against caught cheater either as i always will suspect them cheating.
what would happen if we d permban them? they would leave but i honestly dont think they d leave for good, they will just create a new account and start over again. and yes good luck catching them again while they re being a lot more careful and unknown in their flawed character - i d rather have an eye on them.

and imo most ppl cheat to be accepted in the community (thats probably why many young ppl cheat).
although i despise cheaters just like any other fair player i somewhat respect them for taking the everlasting contempt of the community.

2nd time caught is a permban and i dont care if its league or pub game.

Also its very sad that ppl of UTA that never cheated support those guys.
like Zyx having 2 botters in his clan and is sometimes it seems like hes proud of it or sumth, thats disappointing.
i also was confused when Meteor didnt kick m1c out of his insta clan.

who says i never cheated. And i am not proud at having two "botters" in my clan but i do agree that wish and m1c0 are two of the best Assault players in UTA and that you will never come close to their skill.

Last edited:
who says i never cheated. And i am not proud at having two "botters" in my clan but i do agree that wish and m1c0 are two of the best Assault players in UTA and that you will never come close to their skill.

haha yes but that makes it even more roflig that they cheated and ur supporting them lol..

I tried to vote on "Yes perma ban em straigth away." but it said I had already voted? So where did my vote go? :)

why do all these clanbase ppl want every shit rule that is in clanbase brought to UTA. uta is just another community, with its own players, own system and own rules. leave it as it is. the admins will do the job and pls stop crying about all the rules on clanbase, like maber did last ias game.

if u like clanbase so much, why wont u just go there.

I´ve never even been to the clanbase site i think. I just thought they have a so much better system or rules section against cheating according to what Maber mentioned in the last match report. However, you just convinced me of taking a look at it.

Clanbase system afaik just says things like permanent ban for repeat offenders, bans for cheating on public servers, bans for having traces of cheats whether in use or not, clans punished if cheat used in matches etc. Their bans are all fixed.

The only real difference as far as I can see is that they have no flexibility on cheating, ie if you used someones INI file and there was a cheat line in it like Hank said earlier then youd have a ban, no appeals. That in my opinion doesnt make it a better system, just easier for admins to implement as they dont have to worry about any comeback.

I guess the biggest problems for admins at the moment in trying to implement a 2nd offence= perm ban are that there was no system for logging bans in the past, this means that there will be some logs for some people that cheated but others that arent so well known might have been forgotten about by the public. In my opinion its then unfair to ban some for a repeat offence just because their previous offence is remembered where as others may get away with it because people dont remember them cheating. Also I dont know how well Clanbase deal with creating new accounts, its easy for them to say "we give them a perm ban for cheating" and then let them signup a new account a couple of weeks later after they change their ISP etc, in that case a perm ban is pointless.

Also I dont know how well Clanbase deal with creating new accounts, its easy for them to say "we give them a perm ban for cheating" and then let them signup a new account a couple of weeks later after they change their ISP etc, in that case a perm ban is pointless.

That's why it's often a problem there.

You cannot ban someone permanently from a game, thats like kicking someone out of the country who was born there, but did something criminal. OR Should he be on the deatchchair after a 2nd criminal activity? of course not! People learn from there mistakes, isnt it after the first time, then it will be after a 2nd or a 3rd time.

You might think I'm a softy and maybe I am, but I doubt banning people forever will do this community any good.

conclusion: let the admins decide on each case

TBS-ers goed voorbeeld ? lol

I´ve never even been to the clanbase site i think. I just thought they have a so much better system or rules section against cheating according to what Maber mentioned in the last match report. However, you just convinced me of taking a look at it.

was more towards maber then to u tut m8. because u brought up the thing about maber and leaving ias, i quoted u :]

2nd opntion that is.

Of my point of view and experience:
If you had permanently banned all the players who have cheated in the past, the league would now count of like 1 division and thats just StdAS. I'm not saying there are tons of ex cheaters around, well in fact there is mass of players who were banned for some sort of cheating however the times i used to be an admin we didn't announced it publically and that way people doesn't really realize how many such people are still around.
Anyway it's not the case, my point is that lots of clans would probably leave the league cause of lack of members.
Lets face it, we rarely getting new people into uta community and i believe that as Petez mentioned aspect of forgiveness is the way to go.
Some players have cheated years ago, there were like 12 yrs old then they were kids looking for a boost for their shitty skils cause they were getting owned :P
After a ban they have learned and i can easly point out several such players.

The permanently ban discussion coming back every year or two but before you starting getting rid of community members for 'mistake' they have made in the past think that we're not CB, we do not have 500 clans in countless number of leagues.
Im not trying to excuse anyone's cheating cause theres no excuse for that, however i can't agree with perma ban for 1st crime against uta.

On clanbase they impose perm ban but it doesnt work as just like MyM says they just come back under a new nick and join a new clan.

there are a number of "ex" cheaters in the iCTF community that were banned and then came back under differnt names and the admins dont re ban them they just get left to carry on even though everyone knows they are a cheat but atleast most of the top clans wont touch them or kick um out when they find out they were a cheater.

Its really easy to Ban a player from this league but it is not easy to keep them away.

you would hope that clans who have a player that has been caught cheating more than once and shows no sign of remorse or guilt for cheating would kick that player out not keep them becuase "they got skills" it doent take much skill to cheat. show some balls ffs.

Last edited:
How about a list of those past cheaters. Bit silly that it has been covered up.

I think we all should be allowed to see who's a wanker and who's not. If only to find out who ya can recruit into a team and who not.

it was never covered up, the previous admins didnt use name and shame for cheaters for whatever reason.

Like I said perviously the problem for new admins is that there is no written history of cheaters, some they may know but there is nothing to say what punishment was issued out or for what cheat. Brajan has introduced a publich forum for cheaters but that obviously only shows the last 6-8 months, that is the only place afaik where all previous cheaters caught are listed in one place.

After a ban they have learned and i can easly point out several such players.;)

/me follows anti's finger

Status
Not open for further replies.