AS-Oilrig beta version released!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

hey CypresS, nice work on the map. the overall look of the map is very nice, and there are some good things about the map, and bad...

however, ill post the negative comments, so it helps you, for direction with the next version. i dind't play with bots, so i dunno if they are done yet, but this is what i came to, playing it single.

firstly, most places are very open which is good, however, i find the obj's to be very very spammy. ie: the lifts in to the comptuer room, 2 tiny, lil lifts that could easily be defended with a shock ho for 30mins. maybe there is another entrace, but hey i believe multiple paths to the obj's, or... bigger lifts would be the go. also the 2nd obj, after passing the elevator, held within a small room with a door, also has the potential for much spam. maybe dont include the door, but thats just a thought. and the last obj? doing a lift jump from a tiny lift??? doesn't seem to thoughtfull. but hey its only a beta.

on second point, some of the objs seem hard to find. i spent half my time running around looking for the obj's. im not sure how you could help make it easier to locate where to go, but hey maybe some texture arrors or something or rather could help point the attackers in the right direction.

but hey, apart from this, i love the map. it looks mad (especially the water), lots of areas to run around in, the atmosphere is good and yeh i believe once this map is finished, it will be a great map. (but make it less spammy, we dont want another guardia in our hands)

good work. keep working on it.
suck.

azz said:
hey CypresS, nice work on the map. the overall look of the map is very nice, and there are some good things about the map, and bad...

however, ill post the negative comments, so it helps you, for direction with the next version. i dind't play with bots, so i dunno if they are done yet, but this is what i came to, playing it single.

firstly, most places are very open which is good, however, i find the obj's to be very very spammy. ie: the lifts in to the comptuer room, 2 tiny, lil lifts that could easily be defended with a shock ho for 30mins. maybe there is another entrace, but hey i believe multiple paths to the obj's, or... bigger lifts would be the go. also the 2nd obj, after passing the elevator, held within a small room with a door, also has the potential for much spam. maybe dont include the door, but thats just a thought. and the last obj? doing a lift jump from a tiny lift??? doesn't seem to thoughtfull. but hey its only a beta.

on second point, some of the objs seem hard to find. i spent half my time running around looking for the obj's. im not sure how you could help make it easier to locate where to go, but hey maybe some texture arrors or something or rather could help point the attackers in the right direction.

but hey, apart from this, i love the map. it looks mad (especially the water), lots of areas to run around in, the atmosphere is good and yeh i believe once this map is finished, it will be a great map. (but make it less spammy, we dont want another guardia in our hands)

good work. keep working on it.
suck.
-there is a hole in the roof of the computer room
-u can do the switchroom without passing trough the entrance :P
-hj either to the left or right
-run to the small hallway till u end on a small balcony and notice a lift
-hj on 1 of the pillars to get on the lift
- run tru some wires that will cause some damage
- dodge over a small hole
- run till teh end of teh tunnel and drop down in the switchroom

Ice_cold said:
-there is a hole in the roof of the computer room
-u can do the switchroom without passing trough the entrance :P
-hj either to the left or right
-run to the small hallway till u end on a small balcony and notice a lift
-hj on 1 of the pillars to get on the lift
- run tru some wires that will cause some damage
- dodge over a small hole
- run till teh end of teh tunnel and drop down in the switchroom
I know that there is a hole.. doh.. :P i made it.. Maybe usefull for good teamplayers.. (launch :P).

And the other problem is fixed.. olmost.. :P

Ehrm... cypress, the link doesn't work and when i add the [.zip i get dowload, but when i try to open it, it says:
Archive is either unknown format or damaged :(
could you just send the original zip file to REDACTED ??
I'll upload it 2 my angelfire account if it's not too big :)

Last edited:
Works for me..
But there is no sound or music added too the zip file.. dunno iff ya need them.
uhm i saw 2 objects floating in the air doing nothing.. 1 box at the end objective and 1 yellow bin on the right of the computer room,.

thats all i saw rong. :spin:

hope it will be lotsa better than last beta beacuase it has many many many bugs
and textures arent aplied hovering barrels and shieldbelt @ useless place further it was a fun map make it a dm would be better

-The very last spawns after the computer room has been taken are too close together. I can see it being frustrating for whichever team gets the upper hand first.
-Some closer weapons would be nice for some of the spawn points.

Apart from that I think it could play well.

have ye seen the lifts @ last tower? sucks dont work good and final obj be a bit more specific where we have to hit needed a reedemer to trigger it