AS-Oilrig beta version released!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

waiting for joko and act to post their help so that the map becomes just as "they" want it :o

cyp if you want my help hit the green flower below in my post

Last edited:
im not going to give any ideas for the map because i could better start learning ued then
just create your own map and complete it, you prolly played enough assault wars/public to know what a map needs for league standards (no spammy corridors etc.) and make a some adjustments if necessary later (AL version or something)

Active-X said:
know what a map needs for league standards (no spammy corridors etc.)

explain these maps then:

Guardia
Asthenosphere
Riverbed][
Overlord
Submarinebase][
Desertstorm
Frigate

...I could go on.

Active-X said:
threads like this are just some kind of 'i dont have enough fantasy myself'

OMFG........ I'd like to see you try and make a map.......
It's so damn hard to think about every f00king thing there is/should be in a map urself.......
When someone else is looking at your map he/she sees it from a different kind of view....which is almost always helpfull

oh btw....I'm VERY sorry this is off-topic...... I know how crap it is when you see replies to ur map-thread and u expect something that might be useful in some way......but it isnt, so here's the real comments/hints

I'd make the objective to the first elevators a bit longer (like.....put the boat 1 pole back....) and have the objective done as soon as you run through the doors. Though I can imagine you see it as a logic way to give defense some time.... you might wanna think about this.

Further, there's some ways to the 2-switch room via the top of the platform..... I'd personally make some kind of walkway (uhm....how you call this in english..... I just mean a metal grate with a metal rail) to the back of the building. If you think this would make that way a bit to easy/obvious....you could have it broken at some point (hammerjump) or a broken ladder to it (hammerjump too)

Last edited:
Active-X said:
threads like this are just some kind of 'i dont have enough fantasy myself'
The map is olmost finished, and i created everything by myself without any help from anyone, but before releasing final/AS version i wanted to know for sure there where no strange things/bugs in it. Maybe someone has a better solution for some things as i..

p.s.: Zure...

Last edited:
thats ok, but jwer is always giving ideas which make the map totally different.
most of these mapthreads contain very early betamaps with just a bit finished, like siege3, then its not your own map anymore imo

@humph, you know just like me that another map similar to guardia or so will never hit the league

for cyp, my offer stands and i'm always on ICQ just on privacy, i'll always react within hours if you ICQ me...

g/l with ur map

Last edited by a moderator:
just one tiny thing I find annoying :o
instead of making beta1, beta2 and so on what about just 'updating' the version you got so we don't have to download almost the same map 10 times?

iggY said:
just one tiny thing I find annoying :o
instead of making beta1, beta2 and so on what about just 'updating' the version you got so we don't have to download almost the same map 10 times?
And how would you do something like that?

CypresS said:
And how would you do something like that?

don't think that can be done....

it's not possible to release a file which only contains the changes made....coz stuff needs to be compiled first

and using the same name over and over again only results in "version mismatch"es

i also find this pissannoying and if you read my first post in as-laggon (which embarrasingly came to a hold :lol: ) the solusion is piss easy just call the filename AS-xxx the next fversion filename AS-xxx and so on just dont change filename so the old one is overwritten :banghead:

? i hate people using the same name for map beta's that's just stupid, and afaik you can't just make a "mapupdate"

'filename AS-xxx the next fversion filename AS-xxx and so on just dont change filename so the old one is overwritten' <<

rather owerwrithe the file I got then have 10 beta versions. d'oh.
like japs did with Proxion, same d/l link every time. how hard is it to press 'yes' under the text 'would you like to replace the existing file' ?

cba to go all the way to UT/maps and delet a map :o

the potential problems that would cause are amazing, muttley used the same name for a texture package once and everyone used the old version on servers and shite and everyone kept getting mismatches and it was just "very" annoying....

any map tester will freak out if they playtest many version with other people and the mapper used the same name for everything :p:

Everyone shut up!

He posted it here to get people's opinions and help, just like a lot of people have done before. If he had just done it himself then released it with no input from anyone else, the map would have been shit (unless he happens to be a fantastic mapper). If it's going to be considered for the league then the mapper should realise that suggestions from other members of the league can only be a good thing, both in redesigning the map so it's league-worthy and in implementing new ideas which maybe he hadn't thought of.

So if someone posts a map here it means they want help and support with it for the sake of the map and the league. Therefore anyone has the right to post their thoughts on the map (public forum innit) and the mapper has the right to use any of those thoughts in his map. Flame-wars are about as much use as a 2 inch dildo.