AS-Oilrig beta version released!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

ur more or less right, but if people post maps with a so obviously easy to reach end objective and with a faulty second to last objective i'm suspecting he either didn't ask for a quick overview by any experienced as-player (or even checked it himself) and posted the map too early, in which case this is prolly gonna end up like one of those 30000 beta things with no end result (again) which in general just bores me so i post a less nice report

Changes in Oilrig beta:

- Changed the water
- Deleted useless room in water
- Deleted useless room near elevators
- Moved first spawnpoint defenders
- Deleted and moved doors in begin part
- Other textures at storage room
- Deleted old elevator and placed 3 new ones
- Changed end objective

You cannot skip any objective anymore. It's still possible to wait at the objective before it 'opens'.

I'm still busy on:

- Better lighting
- Other textures

Beta version 2 is coming soon. You can always contact me on msn ([email protected]) if you have some really good tips for this map. I want to know how i can make this map a league map.

Greetz,
Cyp.

p.s.: I like to see some real comments on the map, some usefull tips. Bugs, tips for other textures/objectives or lighting.

why dont you start making a map yourselves jwer? you got loads of '1337' ideas i see

because i can't use the ED very well :o

i would love to tho...

but there aren't many people honest to mappers that give decent idea's, even if they are generally speaking.. all people say is "nice map" "well done" and noone gives really in dept suggestions so i figured i'd fill that hole...

which sofar has been appreciated afaik

Active-X said:
why dont you start making a map yourselves jwer? you got loads of '1337' ideas i see

I see you haven't tried making a map Active-X?
coz when I do so and have jwer give comments/help/hints/ideas.....it's like 90% of all the useful stuff I can get over here.....
he's a gr34t help ffs....

learn the map and i know everybody will like it as much as i do!
He made some nice changes to it. just want too test it 6vs6 to see if the spawn points are good and to see how it plays in a full server,.

and stop posting :topic: posts

as long as its not a map like desoshit , but considering jwer is making suggestions again there aint much hope for me :(

Last edited:
one person criticizes me because i say i helped "when you can't even use the editor so you did nothing!" and another criticizes me because "desolate was all your idea and i don't like the map"

like everytime i help a mapper it's gonna look "just like desolate" for your information AS-Desolate was made by muttley and AS-Snowdunes is about a 50/50 effort (that is how the map looks, off course i can't use the ED so i did "nothing" for the map at all, rite "cough" you know who you are "cough")

now stop giving me shit and give some valuable information for cypress for a change fs shitpeople in this league pissing me off

if halve the critique i got for helping mappers would have been changed into good help for mappers this forums would be 10 times better

btw lookin forward for any further beta's cyp gl

Last edited:
Yo all... beta][

I know that the skybox is not good and 1 fortstandard has a wrong message.. i gonna change that so dont post about it..but for so far this is the beta][ version of Oilrig:

http://members.home.nl/upload3/AS-OilRig_beta][.zip

Plz, let me know your opinion. I want to know what needs to be changed..

Thx,
CypresS.

p.s.: Did someone say that the download link was slow ? I can get a speed of 360 kb/s..

Last edited:
the point is that all maps with a 'mapthread' turned out to be shit imo. Did the maps like bridge/ballistic/ashteno/golgotha etc etc have a mapthread with ideas from others?
making a map is not about the fact that you can use UED but that you create your own cool ideas...

then why not write in all maps:
Creator: jwer, rest of utas
Mapper: humph/cypress/whatever

No the only problem is mappers only really pay any attention to jwers suggestions. Look at Snowdunes for example, loads of ppl gave ideas for that, but none of them whispered in Muttleys ear quite like jwer did so Mutts mainly used jwers and his own ideas which makes the map great for them and the way they play assault, but leaves half the community just saying ... shit map.

P.S. I like Snowdunes so dont even try twisiting my words in order to flame me, sick of ppl doing that.

:wave:

Joko said:
No the only problem is mappers only really pay any attention to jwers suggestions. Look at Snowdunes for example, loads of ppl gave ideas for that, but none of them whispered in Muttleys ear quite like jwer did so Mutts mainly used jwers and his own ideas which makes the map great for them and the way they play assault, but leaves half the community just saying ... shit map.

P.S. I like Snowdunes so dont even try twisiting my words in order to flame me, sick of ppl doing that.

:wave:

this is so unbelievably incredibly not true and insulting it takes the piss, if you knew halve the facts of what really happened you'd shut up and stop posting such incredible nonsense...

now everyone should learn the facts before insulting people, jeez wtf is wrong with you people? i'm gettin really really fed up and disappointed here

i agree with datel: jwer has good ideas.

mappers (especialy newer ones) work on their maps long time so they get used to their map and think its better than it is, overvalue it. so they phantasie comes to a hold, and most of jwers idea either help the map or the mappers phantasy. (for me that is)

hes also right about a mapper comes home and sees 20 replies so (all of em think their maps are far from worthy) there might be some great suggestions, and reading 20 times "looks nice" takes the piss.

active X? every thought of that: when ballistic and bridge were created this forum or similar large As forums did not exist. and mapping in general was not as popular and wide-spread.

i also dont think that one could say the maps are by jan. snowdunes is an exception there i think (with many of mutts maps because they have a close contact) other mappers implement not only his ideas but all decent suggestions (if there are any) but to a very great extent its the mappers ideas that make a map unique and good OR BAD.

hes an experienced player and puts more time into helping mappers with their maps than any other person ive met here. only few people in general post constructive comment.

so those of you who like a map or dont wanna say they dont, might better think of sugegstions to convince others instead of flaming those who post soem comment, although jwers tone was harsh but he can also be amazed about maps if parts are well done. :) so in this regard hes a very honest criticist.

but ok no more :topic: now and carry issues with jwer to anyother thread in chitchat pls. this is cyps thread and by posting it he shows us that he needs help.