AS-Needhelp

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Well then there's no point in either the underwater tunnel or the futuristic hallways.......as that'd certainly take more than a week to build.... :teehee:

Couple of things, look at the great maps (ballistic, desertstorm, golgotha) most of them have large outside areas between nice inside areas. The problem with most of the new maps is not the outside areas (they look fine), but the inside areas. There is a tendency to make them to .... tunnel room tunnel room tunnel objective .... which sucks for gameplay.

You probably want to be looking at ballistics inside stucture, a large hall with kinda 2 floors, and an entrance on each floor, with a BIG LIFT, (not a tiny unusable one like in desolate). This is GREAT, and lets you have a proper wee fight instead of just seeing who presses primary fire on the flak first in the tunnel

Basically wot im trying to say is on the whole inside parts of most new maps are too feckin small and narrow .... but really long ?!??!!? its shit for playability. Anyone can spam a tunnel, but it takes skill to spam a big room / hall. :D

Somthing to bear in mind.

Well...I know all that....
but don't worry, The piccie of the tunnel is gonna be an alternative route to the outside one

(kinda like in autoRIP....where you don't have to do dispatch doors, you can also just walk past 'em)

i think joko is right about what maps are good ones, and if u really want the action in the map make sence, why dont forget about the spaceship and say its a secret alien base just discovered :)

DaTeL said:
Well then there's no point in either the underwater tunnel or the futuristic hallways.......as that'd certainly take more than a week to build.... :teehee:

took me about 10 minutes m8 :lol:

Humph said:
took me about 10 minutes m8 :lol:
referring to my post above his one he was talking about the time it would take to set up a fortified base around a starship in reallife (which was the discussion before) :D

but np several hours for this kind of tunnel certainly is a bit slow and i thought i was slow :)

sobo said:
referring to my post above his one he was talking about the time it would take to set up a fortified base around a starship in reallife (which was the discussion before) :D

but np several hours for this kind of tunnel certainly is a bit slow and i thought i was slow :)

Well.....to actually built it it is about 15 mins max....but I had some V weird bps problems......so I tried about 15 different ways buidling it to see which one was best/worked.......got the right one now

MAy be someone knows the last map of deus ex (1) area 51... that map is a realy good exsample for a more way secret gov instalation with a great outside def base. I guess u can still get a platinum variant of deus ex somewere...and its using unreal engine!!!

Looks ok?

ohw...now I post it I think of it there should be some kind of crater...besides the cave

EDIT: did the 'crater'-thingy

Attachments

• Crashed.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 134
  • Crashed2.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
The cave looks cool, but empty, put in a tree for example or some weed hanging from the top, and a lightbox where the sky is, unless you make it a night map.