AS-Needhelp

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

DaTeL

=]DoG[=Food
Oct 23, 2002
Holland
Ok, take a look @ the piccie and post ideas on how the map should be......keeping this style of course
Ideas may vary from small tips to full scenarios :cool:

Attachments

• Shot0012.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 398
i'll let you have one of my map ideas (as ill never get round to learning ued2). Idea was to invade a missile silo, first objective was to blow the top of the silo, second was to get inside though the top (think seige in reverse ie your going down not up) once at the bottom you had to take control of the missile and launch it. I was gonna call the map as-hole and do it for the roar mod but i thought ut2k3 was crap so never finished it but feel free to nick the idea (or anyother mapper)

Looks like a nice piece of tunnel but masked textures kill frame rate and I think the tunnel could be much higher since even normal jumping would probably make your head collide with the roof.

oh srry about size.......I wasn't standing @ ground when I took piccie......actually I think the top of a jump is the height you see it from :)

Ajax said:
i'll let you have one of my map ideas (as ill never get round to learning ued2). Idea was to invade a missile silo, first objective was to blow the top of the silo, second was to get inside though the top (think seige in reverse ie your going down not up) once at the bottom you had to take control of the missile and launch it. I was gonna call the map as-hole and do it for the roar mod but i thought ut2k3 was crap so never finished it but feel free to nick the idea (or anyother mapper)
That is in Rocketcommand, the last part

yeah dont use the masked textures so obviously!
else than that: i think as the name of the texture packet suggests, make a Starship out of it.

Ok.....sobo ur right...lights in starship.utx fit much better :) (dumb me.... :o)

the knick/knack in the wall is a the top of a player's head

anyway.....does anybody have an alternative for the masked grid ???

Last edited:
DaTeL said:
anyway.....does anybody have an alternative for the masked grid ???

Well I think if you use it SPARINGLY, it's ok. Just as long as you don't overdo it. Some AS maps have some but not too many.

Hmm....would the stuff you see in the hallway be acceptable?

or would the new piccie be better? (err....it does f00k with gameplay....)

also notice the changed lights

Attachments

• Shot0014.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
I agree use big height values (512 is nice to go with) when is started i often used tony heights (256 most of the time) but this doesnt leave any room for z axis fighting which is beloved by so many people and which also amkes the map look nice and play nice. you can put in a lot of deco and second levels. very easy yet good looking deco is for example boxes or tubes and machines.

if what your doing is a bit of an important room use at least 512 height.

Looks like Asthenosphere... :scared:

...Note the shock rifle...

...Prepare for mass spammage...

K.... I made it bigger....same style etc.....just scaled it up

now it's about 448 high.......when u do an uncharged hammerjump you don't hit the roof....also made a addition to do corners

basically I can now just built a whole complex as if it were all cubes :D (I know....later on I'll get polycount down)

so....anybody has ideas on how the complex/starship should look like ?

DaTeL said:
K.... I made it bigger....same style etc.....just scaled it up

now it's about 448 high.......when u do an uncharged hammerjump you don't hit the roof....also made a addition to do corners

basically I can now just built a whole complex as if it were all cubes :D (I know....later on I'll get polycount down)

so....anybody has ideas on how the complex/starship should look like ?

try to get very stoned and paint something and map as it looks like. uniqueness guaranteed.

sobo said:
try to get very stoned and paint something and map as it looks like. uniqueness guaranteed.

k, so I got very stoned and tried some stuff
the green stuff will obviously become a sky.....and the landscape will obviously need to get a more natural look......(this is just to show the sort of entrace + enviroment)

opinions please

Attachments

• Shot0016.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 288
jwer_NL said:
why do you keep making class parts of maps, but never class maps?

because I keep running out of class ideas.... :D
you can help me mapping if you like (doesn't count towards everybody;))

tho this time I'm trying another strategy.....because usually I make a huge area and don't know how to fill it.......