AS-Needhelp

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

hmm..... I only have a red and a green one... (botpack textures...the first 2)
I use the red texture for invisible surfaces

anyway....I made a crack in the ground to make it look more natural.....worked out pretty well

There a light blue one in some Sky texture pack afaik :P

Ye always a good idea to use specific textures for invisible surfaces or Faked Backdrops.

BTW: If you add an invisible brush, I can recommend making them modulated or translucent as well. This way they dont block your sight in the ED as much. Same goes for Zone portals. Or use masked textures liked in Botpack.Icons. I think willhaven used those masked textures in Astheno.

Last edited:
ok Question......
In 2 maps (Bridge and AutoRIP) I see movers blocking the sights of autocannons to stop them.....

is that because it is impossible to de-activate them (without shooting) ?
or is that in fact possible?

or does anybody want to code a deactivatable miniguncannon/teamcannon? :D

I know autocannons suck.....but I just wanted to have them in to temporarily block a path..... 4 miniguncannons with infinite health..... you can only pass 'em after deactivating them (objective)

guess it aint gonna happen uh?

edit: btw... you would expect some sort of automated defense system in a high tech base....wouldn't you?

just a idea:

cant you make 2 tunnels like that? that 1337 to the place you want the tunnel to go? would be less spammy (will be 2cnd spamoshere tho)

well... thinking of autorip, you can disable autocannons w/o shooting them
a movable transparent (bulletproof glas :nod: ) wall triggered by some switch(es?) will do

well datel my biggest tip:

dont take any stuff of crap maps.. but gather things of the better maps like balli.. (give it a open field with mini and sniper ;)) and like bridge.. some hight diferance.. thats what i would like 2 c :) and not like asthenosphere that evrything is inside a "building"

If you make an open field dont make it as dark as the one in Desolate, because the red players are hardly visible. Same goes for blue player between Hurons and Siege on Golgo.. Think you got my point.

@ lex: sure I do....asap :) (could still be 6 months tho :o )

@ war-child: yeah I've got quite some aspects from other (good/league) maps in it..... not really stolen, but just afterwards I figured it would be kinda like this or that

I'm already getting help (on gameplay/ideas) from high-div players (read: apex+jwer) :thumb:

no I cant be more specific :P
I could release a beta pretty soon I guess

How about a lookout?

Attachments

• Lookout.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 66
You get teleported to the lookout

The sign says:
WARNING
-- RESTRICTED AREA --
NO TRESPASSING
BEYOND THIS POINT

AUTHORIZED PERSONNEL ONLY

TOP SECRET RESEARCH FACILITY
DEADLY FORCE IS AUTHORIZED

- CLEARANCE LEVEL 9 -

and how albout a helipad....the top will be changed btw (it's ugly atm).....there'll be an objective underneath it. "Place a tracer bug under the helipad so it can be bombed"......that same bombing wil take down the wooden lookout

Attachments

• helipad1.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 129
  • helipad2.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 129