AS-Needhelp

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

with cool stuff like using c4 on doors to gain further access and put an earth wall in front of the ship and a lowered zone behind it so it looks actually crashed.

sobo said:
or maybe make it a crahsed alien spaceship crashed in the desert.

well, I thought about this1, and it's V nice.....tho the problem is:
When a spaceship crashes....it would prolly be somewhere be either in sea or in desert.....without anything around it (no sign of nature, etc)......which would make for a crappy scenario....one plain landscape.....
ok.....it could crash on a cool place..........but then, when anything crashes....horizontal hallways would be excluded....
and sloped stuff is crap for mappers

so, what I'll prolly do....is make an underground base, surrounding a crashed spaceship (think area51-style)

btw, shall I call it SandDunes :D

make it semi under ground .
make a ring of stuff (like desolate first base only much bigger) around the ship so thats outside. also situated in the moutains like desoltes first base would be a nice approach and then make additional level below earth level.

if u run out of ideas, how about combining a few of ur own?

ok iwe only seen shots from 2 of ur projects, but how about a high tech dam, u got the outside already, now make sum part of it inside :D

Unseen said:
if u run out of ideas, how about combining a few of ur own?

Well usually when I'm starting a new project....I try something unlike I've already done.....so wouldn't be V cool....

Ok...I wanna know.....If the follow screenshot would fit in this map...somewhere underwater, either a lake/pond or a basin

Attachments

• Shot0023.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 157
what are u useing honestly? not just the unrealed i guess cause every thing looks so so... perfectly straith and smooth.. especially the as-Dam screens u posted in the other thread..

you could combine the crashing idea with that last pic and have the ship crash into a lake or something, though not fully submerged this would give you a crashed ship without the need for a crash crater

edit edit mega map idea for plot etc

ok you wanted a sand based map, and here a top idea for one: An alien ship crashes in the desart near bagdad, your task is to capture it from terrorists who have already found and setup a basic base camp round the ship. Your task would be to enter the base, find acces to the space craft, then fix and capture the ship so friendly forces can study it.

Last edited:
D-Almighty said:
what are u useing honestly? not just the unrealed i guess cause every thing looks so so... perfectly straith and smooth.. especially the as-Dam screens u posted in the other thread..
Yep....I do use unrealed 2.0 :cool:

Ajax said:
you could combine the crashing idea with that last pic and have the ship crash into a lake or somethingQUOTE]
I actually asked whether that would be cool......I'll take that as a yes :D

Ajax said:
An alien ship crashes in the desart near bagdad, your task is to capture it from terrorists who have already found and setup a basic base camp round the ship. Your task would be to enter the base, find acces to the space craft, then fix and capture the ship so friendly forces can study it.
Well that already kinda was the plan....there's not much else to do on a crash site :D tho it's cool (uhm....I'm not gonna build bagdad btw :))

ty for advices btw

Ued has loads and loads of features that make it easy to get clean joins with brushes and textures, m8.

It looks like a good idea, Datel, i had a similar smaller tunnel like this in Ulabs but not underwater, good idea :thumb:, i would not know how to implement this into the crashed spaceship scene, but for AS dam, it could be a tunnel in the lake. :) with some different textures then of course.

Ajax said:
your task is to capture it from terrorists who have already found and setup a basic base camp round the ship. Your task would be to enter the base, find acces to the space craft, then fix and capture the ship so friendly forces can study it.

oh and make the attacking team the "good and peace-loving" US forces who would heasitate before killing any of the civilists around the base. :stupid:

make the base held by the US instead. and Iraqis have to capture it from the US because the US forces would use the advanced alien techniques to make weapons of high power to reign the whole world.
that would be a much better map idea!

sobo said:
oh and make the attacking team the "good and peace-loving" US forces who would heasitate before killing any of the civilists around the base. :stupid:

make the base held by the US instead. and Iraqis have to capture it from the US because the US forces would use the advanced alien techniques to make weapons of high power to reign the whole world.
that would be a much better map idea!

Do you honestly think the Iraqis and US will still be around in 2341?

Then again; DesertStorm seems to be a bit out-of-place if you go by that rule.

sobo said:
for AS dam, it could be a tunnel in the lake. :) with some different textures then of course.
Humphros as-dammit has these underwater tunnels allready, looks great :thumb:

[QUOTE='//3iRd(o)]Do you honestly think the Iraqis and US will still be around in 2341?

Then again; DesertStorm seems to be a bit out-of-place if you go by that rule.[/QUOTE]

your right, US prolly not but the terrorists can still be called so because there will always be a anti society fraction :)

call the western force the liandri corporation then. they hold it and seeing that the fighters are forced to fight for liandri they would be pretty happy to start riots IMO.
so the story could be:

Liandri captured the crashed space ship and are at the time of happening modifying it for tourney use. (some parts could still be very dusty and with lots of trash lying around while others are a bit cleaner and some liandri signs here and there. still the whole scene should look like a crashed space ship) The terrorists are to fight Liandri off.

Ok.....that sounds cool! I'd need a bit of help on the exact story (as I don't really know what forces/histoy exists/lies in UT)

Tho problem is....when a spaceship crashes and there's a base around it. The defending team prolly wouldn't have let it lie in open air. SO I can't have it sticking out of the ground....(u know what I mean, don't u....)

Towanda said:
If it crashed recently they would not have had the time to cover it up ;)
yeah let it look like a very early stage of a base only some fence a few ready houses and also some still under construction, boxes with equip, one or two towers maybe.. looking like they arrived just that day, you could make it a night scene, so it looks like they had like 10 hrs to establish a base and this is what they have set up till then.

if they had their base for several days already the terrorists would have certainly taken the base already.