AS-Nameless

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

@ mutts: good work lookin mighty fine and if i have time tomorrow (and i always have time :p: ) i wanna see it :)

@ lex: the name... well i don't think mutts picked one yet :) it's in its development stages and mutts is usin this thread to show people (specially me) SS of the map so people can see he's still working on it and what is going on with the map... if people have special interest in lookin at the map during construction they can only contact me atm cause muttley isn't gonna make halve complete maps avail for everyone to see...

people that have taken the effort to contact me have had a show around on the map and are usually being updated with the latest information about construction, but i've gotten a bit carefull because i have had people whining on the forums about previous maps that WEREN'T EVEN DONE... :crap:

Last edited:
:) glad u like the look of it.

Jwer I'm gonna go away and just build it for 3 weeks or so until ive put in place all of the changes and try and get it looking a bit more finished, I'll prolly post screenies of any new "controversial" changes of my own ideas but for now youve given me plenty to work on :D if u want a 2v2 version wiv weapons and spawns then post on the forum and i'll prep one for u.

The map looks like a building site again atm so will be about a week or two b4 its playable again, im on my 4th attempt at the end bit, the last version cut the level in two oops, why cant we ever keep it simple :rolleyes:

speak to you later mate,
Rich.

m8 no rush, keep working on it steadily and in ur own time, and if you think there's something worth to see i'll be around.. :)

Another few names I thought of :

AS-Stronghold
AS-Bulletproof
AS-Chaotic
AS-Entrapment
AS-Adrenaline
AS-Underground
AS-Twilight
AS-Forgery
AS-Mortality
AS-Pit
AS-Vision
AS-Dimension

Originally posted by jwer_NL
m8 no rush, keep working on it steadily and in ur own time, and if you think there's something worth to see i'll be around.. :)

k so i lied, sew me...

move fs :hammer: haha

hope ur con didn't completely die on you yet :(

map forums really quiet without you :crap:

my conn died for 2 days and started workin again yesterday....

maps coming on i just get bored of doing details :P im working on making the end bit look nicer cos its gone a bit ugly atm:

Attachments

• newbit.gif
    138.9 KB · Views: 139
Yea it does look quite nice , hopefully the map will be released soon

Thats the best tree ive seen in UT:rolleyes:

oh and dont choose As-Underground pls becasue if i happen to continue with my map there will be some conflict :rolleyes:

Keep up the good work:

well my crit: some screenie like the room with the panel and the one with the Y's have too boring texture, the should look better if you put in a differently-textured pillar or something, that brakes this solid grey, the outside part looks good, but for the inside there is a lack of textures. Remember nearly EVERY texture is good if you are good with scaling/aligning so no lack of source:rolleyes:

The last screenie looks a bit too much like everything: if you plan to leave it like this dont add a minigun or it will just be a map like ballistic :Pits hard to leave a outside part without mg but you can put in some higher rocks blocking sight and therefore use other weaponry like flak or sniper

unlike proph i dont think there is too much detail i the big room, its just good atm, dont add more tho, you can take some of the deco from those room and duplicate them in the other rooms i mentioned above. just find a place they fit in, well good luck ill be back but im off for a week now

ok ta mate, i add detail last but i'll try. The end bit im still working on.... but whats wrong wiv ballistic? Texturing ive always been crap at, i'll try and improve them some more :)

also its as-snowdunes atm calling it underground when its not underground would be a bit silly wouldnt it :P .... u gonna post screenies of yours then :)

btw i think betas gonna be ready soon all the rooms jwer asked for are in place, just need to do spawns merge all mi polys and do weaps, health and its almost there :) sorry its taking so long :\ better to do it right the first time round tho...

p.s. sobo the post u made in as-research they were talking bout pinheads maps not humph's ;) in answer to your question humph had a few copy/pasted brushes which could cause duplication errors further down the line so i think hes redoing them..

this might encourage launching but im not sure if its high enough....u can hammer it still.....

Attachments

• newend.gif
    136.7 KB · Views: 92
ive been working on other bits of the map so have just started this bit now, is this looking more like your idea jan? no jump pad yet :P the grounds level with the lowest point on the terrain that u saw yesterday...

I havent started the scaffolding, ive put those supports in to make the scene look a bit less random.