AS-Nameless

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Nice one mutts.

If you're gonna leave the hole there, could you add some debris from the blast on the inside and outside? You probably know it already but it would probably look a bit better if the hole wasn't such a tidy one.. more like this:

namelesshole.jpg

You could also make a small bump on the ground if the explosive was near the ground when it went off.

On textures, you probably know this one too but you can get rid of seams pretty easily with any proper painting proggy.

Anyways, looking really good m8.

k thnx mate :) i wanted to keep teh hole fairly simple for fps reasons but can make it a little more complex i suppose :D I think the textures are worth sorting in psp too, theyve just been cut out badly by the looks of them....

heres some more screeny's, i found the snowy grass texture from one of the packs u gave me jan looks v nice imo.. the new attack spawn room hasnt been textured yet either...

1st one the gun thing im working on the crash animation is pants atm and needs work i managed to spin my attach mover the wrong way causing a comedy flat spin crash :rolleyes:

Attachments

• piccie1.gif
    119.2 KB · Views: 167
new attack spawn room, no proper ligthing, decorations or textures yet..

Attachments

• piccie2.gif
    118.4 KB · Views: 166
if i find my passport which is looking evermore less likely im off to amsterdam wiv a mate from work for a few days so i'll continue the map at the w/e........if i dont find my passport i'll finish it this w/e hopefully or at least the public beta anyway...

its times like this that i wish i was more organised and kept important stuf in a safe place :bawling:

i could come and visit ya in amsterdam... if i cba to come over ...

the pics look fc again rich m8 :)

can't believe it's so close to completion :D allready ;)

edit: P.S. weapon, ammo and health lay-out need a lot of thinking and work mutts m8 :p:

Last edited:
tnx :)

im not going to amsterdam anymore :( couldnt find my passport anywhere so were gonna go somewhere in england and get battered instead :) i feel like spending cos i get a tax rebate soon :D

i'll u/l the latest beta to u jwer, tonight, and we can get started on weaps and stuff if u want ;)

oi i gave jwer those showy textures

sent him links to every snowy map i ever played :rolleyes:

you went to nalicity, and searched for the words "ice" and "snow" and gave me links to the outcomes :p:

thnx for that :moon: it helped though :)

gimme betaaaaaa.... and "i'll send you tonight" wtf? you said you where going to the pub getting hammered! :P

edit: before i'm gonna make my 2 exams today i just wanted to remember you of our previous "to do" list so you can see what still needs to be done...

- New texture for the door :fingers: remember you where going to try to replace the gay skjaar texture? :P

- custom signs all over the map... no more gay "gate control room" and "personel only" signs but some home made one plzzzz

- playing with the editors options with movers... i don't want anything in it that looks good offline, but doesn't work online cause it's bollox to have it anyways, so see what you can do on the moving parts that disappear offline...

- hey that snow.uax that came with one of the other maps, is that a snowy sound? what was it?

optional...

- is there a way to fudge a tree outta that new texture? about the same way as you made the allready new tree's that are in it atm? with your reputation as a superbodger that shouldn't be much of a problem :P

omg is this all i can think off? jeez that ain't much issit....

Last edited:
yep chrs paa for the help with the textures :)

the new trees look gay jan :P i'll stick wiv the old ones and also the rotating movers i'll leave in there not my fault ut goes fuxor online :P

im working on it still anyway will post when its more complete..

the rotating movers are actually an issue online, look at ballistics ventilator in the ceiling, it does not appear rotating, another one later in the map does tho ;)

yep we discovered that with desolate sobo, rotating movers dont always work online im not sure if its to do with replication which was the reason for my spec cam not working online when attached to a mover, phear prolly knows why they dont work....

jwer give us a bell when your around i've replaced all the buggy terrain so its bsp hole free now ;) i've added bot support and started on weapons/health/pickups. Spawns are all sorted and im now adding details ;)

our networks died on its arse again jan as u prolly guessed i'll keep trying to fix it but its gone a bit loopy bbl

sweet map for std as not so not as it is for insta, thing is if you make it good for insta you might make it worse for std as. Thing which is major bad on insta the low grav room its just way to easy to defend maybe pannel it in with windows or something i dunno but as it stands its not an ias map i would wanna play lots. Dam shame as its one of the nicest looking As maps ever !!