AS-Nameless

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Muttley

Sep 11, 2001
England
AS-Nameless - feedback thread

I'm starting a thread for my new one cos i want to start getting some feed back on it but on a different thread to dawnraid cos thats getting confusing :P

I'll release a beta in the next couple of weeks, heres a screeny of that room i posted on the help thread, i raised the roof etc i know the lighting's all wrong btw b4 any1 says anything... and how badly does mirrored surfaces slow people down it runs ok on my brothers p3 800 geoforce 2 32-bit mmx does anyone have a slower computer than that?

Attachments

• shot0132.jpg
    shot0132.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
if anyone could think of a name (that isnt a piss take) id appreciate it cos im struggling to come up wiv one :rolleyes:

as-complex or something

as-milatary base

dunno lol

should run fine i guess and u can turn off them anyway in ut.ini settings

AS-Muttley

or even better As-DrOoZ ;)

maybe you can give a bit of info about the map
what are the objectives, the story, etc ...

Yeah, tell us the theme/objectives/story and add a few more screenies, especially from the last objective..
A name should fit the map so we need that info..

i love the map allready rich, and AS-complex sounds okayish though a bit plain :o

not to sure about the shiny floor, i don't think it looks that particularly well.. and how's work going on the outside and the end objective... can't wait to see it :)

edit: i liked the name you initially gave it more: AS-Ultraviolence

Last edited:
Just a tip, lose the reflective floor it will send frame rate through the floor when any action occurs, you can only use reflective surfaces in UT in very very small quantities or where there is no action.

cant u turn them off from ur side tho ? in ut.ini d3d settings if u dont want it u dont get it.

Sure but not everyone wants to mess with their settings just to play 1 map, and with a reflective floor that size pretty much everyone will have to.

Originally posted by Black Ninja
i thought that Ultraviolence was that other map in the other thread?

this is still the same map ninja, he only made a special new thread about it here to make sure we all know what we're talking about :confused: ;)

ok chrs phear i'll ditch it although it does look nice on my computer :P very star warsy wiv that texture, i used to play ut on a crappy 433 celeron so i know how annoying it is to have pissy frame rates.

jwer i still havent got round to the end bit im trying to spend more time on each part of the map than i have with the other maps ive made, seeing as this ones so small its easier to do that.
I have designed it my head if thats any consolation ;)

what about names wiv a snow theme peeps complex sounds ok but a bit industrial for the futuristic/snowy/alien base theme, rofl at as-drooz :) ... btw ultraviolence was from the film clockwork orange but seeing as most peeps didnt make the link i dropped it, it wasnt just a random name :P

i'll u/l a very early beta tonight or tomorrow if jwers about, i dont want to give u lot a version thats too incomplete cos u'll moan at me about all the petty stuff and i want to check his fps on it first if thats ok wiv u jan.

Originally posted by DrOoZ
alot of maps, but when is one gonna be finished :P

AS-Desolate][ had one more bug, and GRZ fixed that so it's "done" now...

after he fixed it, he said he could make the map look a lot better and changed some textures and it did look a lot better, but then the mess started and now i don't think he cba'ed to complete it :(

i'll ask him again :soon: when things have calmed down

depends what u mean by finshed drooz :P theyve all got end sequences they all work, takes about 3 months a map.....this one should be quicker...