AS-GekokujouAL][ - FINAL

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Psychotic

OFF/GONE/IDLE/AWAY/NA/DND/AFK/BUSY!!!!!
Feb 26, 2002
Spain
Map plays a lot better on pubs now that ppl learned it, I hope the trick guide helped ;)
I've never seen a full def anymore. Still some problems to find the main doors switch (1) though :D

Enough public testing, here is the final version:

AS-GekokujouAL][

Changes from beta11

- Fixed ocean floor bug.
- Updated level Info (F3).
- Coloured teleporters for def.(4)(5)(6)
- Lookout teleporter (5) disabled after Main Doors objective (1) is taken.
- First Structure teleporter (4) disabled after First Structure switch (2) is taken.
- Top Tower teleporter (6) exit lowered. Still it will be disabled after both First Structure Switch (2) and Main Tower Doors (3) objs are taken.
- Sniper ammo at lookout reduced to 1 pack only.
- Sniper ammo (11) near the First Structure reduced to 1 pack only.
- Sniper and minigun moved inside the spawn cave for attack (7).
- Spawnpoints for attack moved forward in the cave (7).
- Added 2 slopes near the posts on attack for InstaGib launches (8).
- Cut the bar on the main tower ramp for InstaGib launches (9)
- Extended horizontal bar (10) at the end of the ramp so you can jump to the perimeter wall (yes, for Instagib launching too).
- A million minor visual details such as texture & brushes alignment you will prolly never notice :D

Attachments

• finalchanges.jpg
    finalchanges.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
Gameplay

Main problem with beta11 is the lookout teleporter (5) for def, too advantageous, but necessary to stop launches. The best solution is disable it after Main Doors (1) objective. Still def can stop launches using Second Structure teleporter, but it takes longer to be back if you die. Fair enough.
Attack has now better spawpoints and closer access to weapons (7).

Another problem was InstaGib. A single route made the map nearly impossible to complete.
Now it's possible to launch (8) over the wall (1 single launcher is enough), even to reach top tower (2 launchers).
Launchee can open the main doors, it will disable lookout telep. and open a new route for attack.

It's possible to launch for the final obj too.
2 launchers from here (9) to reach top tower.
1 launcher anywhere on the perimeter wall, jump from this bar (10).

Coloured teleporters gives def a quick overview of the map state (4)(5)(6).
Green=Enabled, Red=Disabled.
First Structure Switch (2) disables First Structure telep. (4)
Main Doors Switch (1) disables lookout telep. (5)
First Structure Switch (2) + Main Tower Doors switch (3) disables Top Tower telep. (6)

@taki: teleporter signs are static now, no more spinning. Map name will have ][ though :P

@everyone who asked me to change the treasure texture: I agree UT2 is not the best prize but it's what the original author wanted it to be. Maybe an UTA logo? :cool:

If the sky looks like this online (thx again mel for hosting the file :love: ), try disabling Dynamic Lights.
It's not that I broke something, it happens on the original Geko too.

Play it online

Psy & mel - 2 v 2 Server (pass=2v2only)
League Server #4 2v2 (pass=2v2only)
League Server #4 (when public)
League Server #5 (when public)

For League Servers, you can load the map on prac sessions.
Your clan admin password is set as moderator password. Use these commands:

moderatorlogin <ClanAdminPassword>
moderator servertravel AS-GekokujouAL][FinalTest.unr

Testing

This could be a final version IMO but I don't want to release it yet, nor install it on public servers, make everyone download... etc.
Plz test it and post here if you find bugs or changes you would make to the map.
In 1 week if no bugs reported, nor suggestions to improve it, you can rename the map file to AS-GekokujouAL][.unr, final.

Thx St0n3d, Vipah, des, Apok, Helter, Anni, jwer, etc for InstaGib launching test, and everyone else for suggestions and support :cuddle:

mate thats too much work for me to read , so must of been a s**t load to write / do , played for the effort front , im sure it will play good :)

Well i must say i didnt like the map and i kind like it now , thx for the work psy !
Lets see if we will have another league map! :D

Re: AS-GekokujouAL][ - Final Test.

Originally posted by Psychotic
- Cut the bar on the main tower ramp for InstaGib launches (9).

Was this absolutely necessary because now it just looks a bit weird, the bar being cut in the middle for no apparent reason. Could the same effect have been done by just shifting the whole bar a bit more inwards towards the building? This would've preserved the look and feel of that particular part of the map and still given the option for insta launches.

Re: Re: AS-GekokujouAL][ - Final Test.

Originally posted by kooma
Was this absolutely necessary because now it just looks a bit weird, the bar being cut in the middle for no apparent reason. Could the same effect have been done by just shifting the whole bar a bit more inwards towards the building? This would've preserved the look and feel of that particular part of the map and still given the option for insta launches.

I can improve it visually to make it look like if the bar broke or something.
Anyway your idea is not bad, I would need insta testers again to know how much I have to move the bar.

Roooob! :D

Download speed is good for me (I have 256kb only though) and file is not corrupted :confused:

I never used to like it either cos of the swim at the start but that's in the past :) It plays great now and it's a lot of fun - not as spammy.

This isn't specific to the map, but is there anything at all you can do about the water bug? Where you're shooting someone and nothing is happening?

And btw can instagib launches also be done with normal shock? Since the attack now have shock at the start they have far more variety if it's possible.