So where did your nick come from?

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

HUEY

forever n00b
Oct 6, 2002
Netherlands
Ever wondered how someone thought up THAT nick??
Well...I do so thought I'd start this.
Where did your nick come from ffs:D

I'll start...used to play as ...an_Impact_hammer...and got up early one morning to play and there were about 6 players on Orange Std..Guardia, and their nicks were like Goofy, Mickey, Donald etc, Then someone said " only disney characters plz". so I changed my nick to HUEY ( as in huey louie & dewey ) And it stuck.

I wonder how Jwer thought up that nick??:eek:

Jwer's real name is Jan Willem de Roos
so the letters in his real name form his nick..

My first nick was se7en but after a fooked up situation where Heimy from Xp said I was in his clan (what wasnt really his but ApE's ) and Ape didnt know so I wasnt really ever in Xp...
U can look under birthdays and see that se7en is still there on the 11 th of may ...

I needed a new nick to get away from that shite and came up with Apex it means peak/ top or something saw it once in Nevada as it was a town near Las Vegas..

Had lots of nicks since then but I stuck with this one

btw Zepa is just a nick I use once a while when I feel relaxed for once and dont have the urge to KILL A LOT OF PPL...eh yeah:smash:

Last edited:
Hugh Jarse cos I really am no more than a big arse.....

I was originally slapd_Hugh(_I_)Jarse
(Slap the Huge Arse) when I started palying UT at work on LAN. slapd (pronounced slap dee) is the name of the unix LDAP daemon

My names not Hugh and my arse is not that big, but no doubting I'm an arse.

lul :lol: arse !

Well my nick comes from The gerilla in south america "Farc", near columbia as matter of fact. And the Diesel part.... well, lets write it this way, Vin Diesel sounds familiar to anyone :rolleyes:

well, i too have many many nicks, for a few just take a look at my sig, but believe me there are more :)

However, my first nicks were XeroX_HouR followed by Mr_Jingles.

Like Apex, i apparently joined a clan (cant even remember what it was :lol: ) so I had to come up with a new nick, came up with Vital*Signs, dont really know why like, but, UT is about killing ppl, when u kill some one their Vital*Signs come to an end.

Vital Signs being the things like breathing and heart beat and shit :nod:

So thats where my nick comes from :p:

-Starlight-

As In:

The song/tune of Summer 2000:

Superman lovers- Starlight

:D

"Starlight can u hear me, my friend...watchinnnnn meeeee..."

Originally posted by Vital*Signs

Vital Signs being the things like breathing and heart beat and shit :nod:

So thats where my nick comes from :p:

I have never heard someone ask for the patient's "shit rate" on Casualty !? :rolleyes:

My tag......errr......started out as Thrasher(UK)....then I joined the brotherhood of arse. Thrash as in metal.....Metallica. :mosher:

Last edited:
My real nick is Demonix, named after a Bulletin Board system that I created years ago (I was 14 when I developed it for the BBC Micro Computer). I've used and played with that nick for years and I'm even sad enough to own the www.demonix.co.uk domain.

The UltraViolet nick comes from my love of horror films - Ultraviolet was a TV series on Channel 4 about some vampire hunters. To save time I normally just type UV for my nick.

So there you have it....

UltraViolet was a fantastic mini-series .... loved it!

Mughi is from a manga series Dirty Pair set in the future ... about some "trouble consultants" who solve the problems they are sent to fix and the death toll of millions of casualties along the way has always been proved to be incidental :D

The characters are Kei and Yuri, their code name is "Lovely Angels" after their ship (Lovely_Angel being a nick I occaisionally use) One of the characters that helps them is Mughi, which stands for Military Utility Generic Heuristic Intelligence

The premise of the comic is that there is no problem too big that it cant be solved by girls in very small bikinis with very big guns

mughi.jpg

I also use Tenacious_J, an obvious rip-off of Tenacious_D.

Then there is Cunning_Linguist and Drunken_Nympho. Nuff said there :D

Originally posted by Thrasher (_!_)
I have never heard someone ask for the patient's "shit rate" on Casualty !? :rolleyes:

My tag......errr......started out as Thrasher(UK)....then I joined the brotherhood of arse. Thrash as in metal.....Metallica. :mosher:
#1 Casualty is apparently shite (my g/f is a medic) so that is why u havent heard em say :p:

#2 i remember u when u was Thrasher(UK) but it was a looooooooong time ago :nod: used to play with ya on some server or other (cant remember the name :(), but it disappeared one day :bawling:

My fraggin name used 2 be Rabiddog

pple used 2 call me that cause i was an old school punk and used 2 wear a dog collar on my wrist also when i get annoyed i growl at ppl it came in handy cause on the old arcade games you could only input 3 letters 4 the highest scores so mine was DOG

anyway i kept that tagg 4 a while then some n00b stole it and acted a complete and utter n00b on the publics so i gave it up after some pple had a go at me 4 some thing i haddnt done :/

so i used the name of my fave track Sonic Reducer by the Deadboys

so hence the two main names i fragg with

Ðeadßoy
&
Son!c Redu<er

Though at easter the Deadboy rises and becomes Resurrect!on
but only on easter sunday :P

some of u know Dr Snuggles ........

why this nick ?

some m8´s of me in RL called me sometimes this name .....

.....cause they think, that i´m sometimes as weird as that guy :)

(...and i´d love to be in the lavenderdreamland ;) )

I've got Ultraviolet on DVD - if your into Vampire yarns and you see this for cheap get it! Nice.

"The Dead Boys were all poor white trash, lower-middle class kids from Youngstown, Ohio. They grew up very fierce. They grew up in gangs, they were the real thing. It was more than just an attitude with them, it was a life-style."
-Gyda Gash

OMG..were they any good DB?

Originally posted by HUEY
"The Dead Boys were all poor white trash, lower-middle class kids from Youngstown, Ohio. They grew up very fierce. They grew up in gangs, they were the real thing. It was more than just an attitude with them, it was a life-style."
-Gyda Gash

OMG..were they any good DB?

They were pure energy m8

prolly a bit dated now but they were a time a place and attitude something that will prolly never be repeated

the whole punk thing was about being who you are

but those that didnt understand it turned it into a fashion show:(

i know i was there :D