Predictions/Chat: World Cup 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Agree with Bart that Gomez shouldnt play, and obviously Podolski hadnt good day so why the hell they let him shot penalty?

lol @ the next very bad referee decision against USA.
The whole World Cup is so ridiculous by now :lol:

and another poor referee decision in the slo-usa match. the US should have won.

dear god, where do they get the referees from? :nono:

And ANOTHER shit ref for the USA game :clap: It's a pity refs aren't made to explain the bigger decisions. There were about 4 cases for a penalty against Slovenia at that disallowed goal and what does the ref give? Free kick Slovenia :hm:

What's a referee from Mwali doing in a worlcup? It's the biggest moment of his life - Too big a moment imo. Fs get proper refs!

Germany wasn't awake today, maybe due to all the praise from the Australia match. You could see it right from the beginning, inaccurate passes throughout the game, bouncing balls everywhere, slow reactions. Schweinsteiger's flu still showed, he could hardly run after the 80th minute.
Of couse the ref didn't help, but that's his style, from what I've gathered, in the spanish league as well. But in the end he couldn't carry on like he started or else there would've been 15 cards.

Personally I missed signs of teamspirit, cheering, pushing each other and the like, which I'm sure Klose would have provided.

In the end I think this is going to create the right motivation for next wednesday.

I'm amazed that England were one of the pre-tourny favourites. They were embarrassing. I've just about had it with them tbh, every year I try to get behind them as the next best thing to supporting Scotland, and every year it's a hell of a lot of talk and almost no follow through. They don't deserve their reputation as a side to watch, all three of the other Group teams were better than them today. England getting dumped would improve the overall quality of this WC.

It was a struggle to win and not exciting to watch, but on the other hand they were no where near losing it either so I guess it was okay since Japan came out to play a 0 - 0 match.

2 games 6 points, problably going to 2nd round :) :D

Australia played draw against ghana.
Meaning incase Germany wins 1-0 vs Ghana and Serbia wont win with more than 3-0 against Australia, Germany will be 1st and serbia 2nd.
Everyone of the team is pretty pissed, mainly coz of this ridiculous referee. Hopefully this will unleash strenght and they will play even better than agaisnt australia!

cant wait till wednesday!

Last edited:
Bart; said:
hahah, Uruguay shoot the 2-0 and suddenly all vuvuzelas were silent :lol:
meh! haven't been able to see much WC matches, only parts. Too bad I missed that^ lol

Bart; said:
well Supermic, that's why
we said that France sucks. They do.
They also failed 2002, 2004, 2008 and now 2010. Call it tradition. 2006 was pure luck tho.
Adieu les bleus :wave:
btw the mexican fans own. They are great :D
Well I must admit I was horribly wrong :teehee: Can't understand why France plays so bad with the squad they got. Guess they are like Real Madrid. Lots of stars but no teamplay.

I saw parts of germany vs serbia and slovenia vs usa and I gotta agree with the comments about the refs. They were terrible.

On a sidenote.

I think the ref in Japan - NL was excellent. Only 1 yellow card (justified) and he didn't stop the game very often. Besides that nearly all his decisions were correct (calling throw-ins/corners etc).

True the ref in Japan - NL was very good, also a lot of 'play-on' moments instead of whistling for every minor foul.