Predictions/Chat: World Cup 2010

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

Bart said:
This vuvuzela sound the whole time is so damn annoying :x

All you hear the wholefucking game is this TTTTTRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT, like a bunch of killer bees forming to attack :hangover:

:nod: Very annoying sound! :(

anyone here with dolby surround? ;)
how's the vuvuzela sounds on that? :lol:

Seems so. :(
Not only for you. I suppose for nearly everyone outside africa.

In all the years to come this WC will be known for this ridiculous sound or even been seen as a bad worldcup only because of that.

anyone here with dolby surround? ;)
how's the vuvuzela sounds on that? :lol:
Guess so:

Front Left:
TTTTTRRRRRRRRRRRÖÖÖÖÖÖÖÖTTTTTTT

Front Right:

Front Middle:

Back Left:

Back Right:

;)

Lol fs. Reset your speakers mb? Or headphones with a low pass filter :thumb:

"Tests show long-term exposure to the instrument can result in hearing loss - at 127 decibels it is louder than a rock concert at 120dB. An expert said: "Hearing damage can occur in 15 minutes." "

"Earlier, fans were rushing to medical stores to purchase earplugs for the sake of their ears with the coming back of husky and deafening 'vuvuzelas' ahead of the World Cup, but local Cape Town stores said that supplies had run out due to the overwhelming demand."

Haha i rofl 24/7 at this, in my neighbourhood everyone has a one of these horns aswell :D xDDD imo its great :P starts from 06.00 till late at night :rofl:

shouldnt be too hard for a decently equipped studio to filter that out of their radio/TV signal fs

But even if they'd do you won't have the same sound as in a normal football game. Simply because the rest of the fans cba to sing with all that ANNOYING NOISE!!! :mad:

If it's above a rock concert level it should be illegal in any country :confused: I think 80 - 85dB is the max noise exposure level in Britain, this is almost double and for 90 full minutes x 2 / 3 games a day. Why the fk would anyone want to make that noise for that long? Besides, I thought tribal drums or something would be the 'sound of Africa', not constant, blaring, torturous noise.

on fan events here this "thing" aint allowed, because of the loud noise level.

Anyway, Sepp Blatter said it's tradition in Africa so guess we've to get used to it. :P

lol you guys shouldnt complain too much but enjoy the match instead..
c'mon it's a tradition. The FIFA knew about this when they selected South-Africa in the first place.. and it makes this event unique. It's annoying yes, but it's stupid to remove the vuvuzela's from the stadiums

Not at all. dB is a logarithmic scale, is MUCH more then double :lol:

Good point, but you know what I'm saying :trout:
it's stupid to remove the vuvuzela's from the stadiums

Can't be that stupid if they're causing hearing damage. Those poor people won't be enjoying it four weeks from now when they realise they'll' be partially deaf for the rest of their lives.

Is there a site or mailing list where I can add my e-mail address, so it sends me live score updates and other updates to that e-mail address? Can't find it on the FIFA site. :(