New Maps!

• Hey - turns out IRC is out and something a little more modern has taken it's place... A little thing called Discord!

Join our community @ https://discord.gg/JuaSzXBZrk for a pick-up game, or just to rekindle with fellow community members.

@ Ice, that problem can be fixed by adding the packages required by the map to the ServerPackages in the .ini.

@ the rest of the moaning gits, your damned if ya do and damned if ya don't, ppl moan when there aren't enuf maps and ppl moan when new ones are introduced. There hasn't been a map introduced that I can remember some1 not moaning about. Don't like it, don't pick it. There isn't exactly an abunance of available maps for the admins to choose from.

oh and Mc, you make my sides splitt when you complain about spammy maps, Mi5 always pick Asthenosphere, and claim it to be a good and skillful map too, unless of course the rest of your clan mates choose it and you acutally hate it, in which case I take it all back :D

knowing the time and effort put into mapping when people say
that map is shit blah blah blah
i just ignore them now and think what a fucking cock
no reasoning just SHIT

i like Autorip but because its got some nasty choke points and to many clans are happy to sit and throw rockets or shock combos at them than acctually PLAY it makes it a bad league map

Subbase ][ is a good map but as with autorip i can see it surrering the same fate.

now i know lots of people say "well assault is spam ffs"

no assault isnt spam, it WAS about fighting and team skill
but unfortunatly its just turning into who can throw the most rockets at doors and corners untill the maps won

but yes tbh GRZ is right i couldnt be arsed makeing the follow up map to saqqara coz i just got shit for trying to make a map for the league and i know 3 others who have made maps just say fuck it , its not worth it with all the crap and unconstructive comments you get.

you say Why carnt people say a maps shit etc. they can say that BUT dont expect anymore maps for u to use if you do coz it deffeats some of the point in acctually makeing the damn thing

ego polishing a little yes but its more why should i bother ffs if thats the response i get.

Originally posted by Beltroniko
Thx for the new maps!!

We can't like all maps in the league, for example I hate Frigate and Hispeed, but a league map list can't please each individual.
About new ones, even if I don't like submarinebase][ much, I think thats it's great to have new maps, and yeah it's normal to get lost for ppl who didnt play them much.... didn't that also happen to you in most maps ????

Anyway just don't whine so much and play them ppl, I'm sure that if it was proved they were not playable, they would be removed.

roger that

i think it will be "refreshing" to play a new map, even tho i will get lost in autoRIP :D

@Bluey : it can very hard to get that last chamber switch (spam&camp) and the teleporters after scarab doors are :-/
like paa said, the def comes out with spawnprotection still on and double enforcers (both of them) and you have to pass them very closely
maybe a SaqqaraALAL :P

make the "windows" to the chambers bigger, move back the scarab door teleport (maybe to that bridge)

coz in general, it's a nice map :thumb:

@ drooz :thumb:

The last objective is very hard in saqqaraAL, we where with 2 decent defenders and we held off 3 attackers of comparable skill on jolt yesterday...(for about 7 minutes) the last chamber is usually doable cous after a while u can usually get belt and nail it..(allthough makin the windows bigger would save me a lot of FFS :teehee: )

maybe make a small tunnel into the rock at the sniper at the waterfall and let the teleport end up in there, so you can't immediately shoot the attackers, or.. as drooz said, move the spawn to the bridge...

i think most of the newer players haven't played AutoRIP or Submarinebase][ on publics... and if they're shite noone will pick em... but let's at least see how they'll play

I would like to ask the players longer in the league if these maps where in before, and if they are taken out in the first place, why put them BACK in when i have about 150 (prolly old) AS-maps, most of em are prolly crap, but i can't imagine that there isn't ANY good one among them...

P.S. If these ARE going to be league, can they be put on the public servers (maybe one jolt and an orange) so i can play em?

Respect for a map? If i dont like the maps i dont have to pretend i do.

Saqqara example looks great, i like how it looks.

So does autorip, but just because they look good doesnt mean i should say , hey THATS GREAT LETS use it.

Grz, when was my post refered to Mi5? Did i say "Mi5 thinks that both maps are crap". No i dont think so.
Ballistic is good, does that mean because thats good i should think all his work is good? No.

oh and Mc, you make my sides splitt when you complain about spammy maps, Mi5 always pick Asthenosphere, and claim it to be a good and skillful map too, unless of course the rest of your clan mates choose it and you acutally hate it, in which case I take it all back

I would rather play asthenosphere than lavafort][ :P, overlord, guardia and frigate.
And 6v6 asthen i never claimed to be skillfull, i said in 2v2 it is.

People dont have a problem when refering to guardia as shit, or oceanfloor...why is that?.

Another point is it was 3/4am ( cba reading my time of post), and the first thing that came into my head about those maps were-Shit.

I dont see why the admins should get to vote these maps in ( or was there a vote that these 2 maps were put in) because its obviuse that these maps arent suitable for league play.
If there gonna throw in any maps why dont they put a list of the maps up and put in the 2 maps that get highest vote?.

If it was on a server i would play them, its a change in map.
Its whats kept jolt alive because of the customs.

As for league games ill still go back to my comment as it being sh<t.

woohoo yeha, bring in the crap maps
why dont just fix the spawnpoints in coldsteel and a great map is born... why not fix siege if its possible? and rocketcommand?

theres a lack of maps, why do u think we choose asthenosphere?... its better then guardia and the rest mc mentioned

Okay ill rephrase

I dont like autorip

I dont like sumbrainebase][

Plz tell me what the difference in me saying its shit and i dont like, other than me emphasising to the degree i dont like them.

For somone like me, i used to play on low,low, the way the map looked wasnt a big deal, since moving to high,high. I love the way alot of them look and the time the authors must have put in.

However imo, these 2 maps are the worse u could have put in.

Example: Coldsteel, Rocketcommand even bioassault is more playable that some of these maps in league games.

as i said GRZ, send the guys who said: "crap map" (in this case Mc) a pm or something ask him y its crap so u get something USEFULL out of the comment and learn from it

I wouldnt care less now what you think of any of my maps couse Im used to it, but doing it also to others I can have my comments.
Like i said as well, just ignore

and bout that chickenrun, wasnt talking about you I meant those guys u mentioned who quit coz of that.
And i still think sub2 is f00ked and after that great maps came so u learned from your "mistakes" (in my eyes) thats what i meant to say as well

i aint red it all,but i cannot see why ppl slag mapmakers off.They put alot of effort in2 making them.But on the other hand if sum1 does not like a map they can say it.
"i dont like athenso its too spammy"thats all it takes not bitching war.But i repsect the ppl who make AS makes coz without them it wud be boring.

I never once said i didnt respect the map makers, but i did say i think the map(s) is shit for league play.

Thats mine and a many lot of other peoples opinions-If it wasnt the intent to give ure opinion on the "new" maps then the thread should have been locked.

Whats difference?

Wouldnt me saying its shit mean i dont find it good for league play?.

No actually i meant its GREAT for public play and Shit for league play...:P

Without Grz some of the best AS maps that help make this league what it is wouldn't be here.

Recognize!

place urself in the shoes of the league admins and come with a better idea...

....make a maplist and let people vote....

^ i do like that idea... :D

but for this month let's see how these play

Can anyone make a map walkthrough for me? I get lost in those map fs, cuz i havent ever played them :)

i think the bots work well in submarinebase][ i just played it:)
Deadly Just set 1 bot and follow it:D
I think the map (submarinebase][) is pretty good just like all of GRZ's other maps, in the end of the day if theres things people dont like they can be changed or adjusted.

Last edited: